Check internet connection (AWS outage Feb 28 2017) [solved]

Comments

• As of 10pm India, can't log in. Says check internet connection. Right at the start of the 2nd round of the current pve event icon_e_sad.gif
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Alfje17 wrote:
    astrp3 wrote:
    Can't prove cause and effect, but there's a correlation.

Not for me and a number of other users there isn't. I installed the update several hours ago and had no problems until about an hour ago. D3 has already posted on their Twitter and Facebook pages that this is related to the Amazon S3 outage (of course, people are free to claim that this is all a cover story and blame it on the update anyway).

Wasn't blaming it on the update, though I was certainly suspicious that it had something to do with the update based on past experience. Point taken, though.

According to that orange fellow in the white building, this is all the fault of his predecessor!

Clever orange fellow.
  • Same issue here, Netherlands.
    Since update, continuous "check internet connection"
    For data and Wi-Fi.
    Tried restarting, re-installing, moving to scare. No help.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Latest on the Dashboard:

Increased Error Rates

Update at 11:35 AM PST: We have now repaired the ability to update the service health dashboard. The service updates are below. We continue to experience high error rates with S3 in US-EAST-1, which is impacting various AWS services. We are working hard at repairing S3, believe we understand root cause, and are working on implementing what we believe will remediate the issue.

For those who may be interested. Apologies to those who aren't.
  • Same here. Android, Ukraine. icon_cry.gif I was planning to play some PVE this evening.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    It does appear to be related to the Amazon S3 that was mentioned earlier by several folks. It is impacting multiple games and websites. I hope a sticky and dev comment are coming soon, but the resolution may be out of their hands.
  • Glad I saw this thread. Down and thought it was something on my side. Disconnected from wi-fi, game loaded but then didn't connect. Uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing. Hope I don't lose anything because of doing that. If I do, it's game over for me. icon_evil.gif
  • JoeyCool
    JoeyCool Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    U.K. iOS player - still down for me
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would be nice if there were some official word by now other than we'll check. They have to have some update by this point
  • Have been experiencing this issue since before 9:30 EST, real waste of a day with the Venom event and the LoT PVP. Have they listed a possible ETA?
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:
    Would be nice if there were some official word by now other than we'll check. They have to have some update by this point

They're waiting on Amazon - https://status.aws.amazon.com/.
    4pm EST/1pm PST is the last update I've seen around for Amazon to fix their stuff. Nothing confirmed of course.
  • PrincessBob
    PrincessBob Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    It kind of faded in and out for a few fights Telling me to check connection when it would usually let me claim my prizes, then after a minute letting me do so and then it was just out, nothing beyond load screen. icon_cry.gif For an hour or more this message is all I can get out of it. I have just fine connection. I am not going to say I am glad I am not alone in this cause it sucks, but it is a bit less frustrating knowing it isn't my hardware.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    waywreth wrote:
    broll wrote:

They're waiting on Amazon - https://status.aws.amazon.com/.
    4pm EST/1pm PST is the last update I've seen around for Amazon to fix their stuff. Nothing confirmed of course.

I haven't seen them acknowledge the amazon outage is the cause yet. At the bare minimum they could confirm that.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Are u ******* kidding? Is the game running on some 10 years old PC in some garage at Alaska?
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Could we at least get a TINY KITTY acknowledgement of the problem and an estimated fix?? icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • Mercator
    Mercator Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    they did say it was related to amazon server outage: see general discussion

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60194
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Considering Brigby posted an announcement about it more than an hour ago? Yes, yes I believe they can acknowledge it. And did.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60195
  • Freemage
    Freemage Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Given that they've got Coulson on the Progress Rewards, I hope they adjust accordingly for the downtime.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Mercator wrote:
    they did say it was related to amazon server outage: see general discussion

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60194

Thanks. I only looked at this thread.
This discussion has been closed.