Check internet connection (AWS outage Feb 28 2017) [solved]

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    mrb wrote:
    JUST updated on IOS. Before updates, everything was working fine, but I decided to get the update over wifi now rather than 3G later. Instantly hit with "check internet connection." And I was 1000pts away from the 4* progression reward in PvE.

Updates been out 24 hours - it's not that
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Both phone and tablet, android. Locked out. Check internet connection. Thanks devs!
  • jockinjayg
    jockinjayg Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    iOS mobile w/ check internet connection out here in California. I was playing Lord of Thunder and got that message! Smh
  • scottyray1
    scottyray1 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Mine isn't working either. Ever since I updated I haven't been able to log back in. I'm trying to progress to get agent c. icon_e_sad.gif
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alliance rewards - Claim All = Network Error
    This sucks
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sluggo wrote:
    In addition to MPQ being down for me (about 20 minutes now), I'm having problems with some other internet stuff, including the GroupMe app (which my alliance uses as a chat room) and a few other sites.

A little Googling shows some chatter about Amazon Cloudfront/S3 being down and taking a chunk of the internet with it. Maybe that's it?

Ut oh! So we can't even blame D3?!? Say it ain't so!
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Phew: Glad it's not just me.
  • ADChaos
    ADChaos Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Same here... updated last night and been playing with no problem, last time was three hours ago. Between that and the fact that everyone is having the issue, it seems unreasonable to blame the update.
  • ejmus
    ejmus Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited February 2017
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Sluggo wrote:
    In addition to MPQ being down for me (about 20 minutes now), I'm having problems with some other internet stuff, including the GroupMe app (which my alliance uses as a chat room) and a few other sites.

A little Googling shows some chatter about Amazon Cloudfront/S3 being down and taking a chunk of the internet with it. Maybe that's it?

Ut oh! So we can't even blame D3?!? Say it ain't so!

Don't worry. We can still blame them for not giving any response yet, as usual (excepting Brigby of course).
  • iva66
    iva66 Posts: 1
    I've paid more than for any other game and invested more time than any other game and these connection issues caused more trouble for me than any other game!

This is probably the last chance for fun breaking bugs!
  • shimmeryphil
    shimmeryphil Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Hope we're going to get an extension on covers - I had some maintenance to do this morning on ones that were about to drop off (eg holding off on CP to see if i got a last minute lucky draw before a fully covered colour expires)
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby

Just a helpful suggestion. Please create a stickied page in general stating the server issue and that it is being worked on by the appropriate people. Many of us know demiurge can't do anything about AWS outages, but not everybody does and trying to find any kind of response over several topics that keep popping up is difficult.

Thanks!
  • usfscooter
    usfscooter Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I was getting leaderboard server errors about 15 minutes ago. Then I updated to the latest release and I keep getting the same internet connection error.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    Can't prove cause and effect, but there's a correlation. I was working fine, ignored a few update reminders and then, against my better judgement, I updated and now I'm unable to launch. This was just a few minutes ago so servers don't appear to have been the problem in my case, but I have no evidence to support that.

Well, cause and effect after all courtesy of the AWS Service Health Dashboard:

Increased Error Rates

Update at 10:33 AM PST: We're continuing to work to remediate the availability issues for Amazon S3 in US-EAST-1. AWS services and customer applications depending on S3 will continue to experience high error rates as we are actively working to remediate the errors in Amazon S3.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    A little birdie told me that Amazon is currently reporting an ETA of 3pm EST for full resolution.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    "I've figured out what's wrong with the world. Too many mpq players."
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Can't prove cause and effect, but there's a correlation.

Not for me and a number of other users there isn't. I installed the update several hours ago and had no problems until about an hour ago. D3 has already posted on their Twitter and Facebook pages that this is related to the Amazon S3 outage (of course, people are free to claim that this is all a cover story and blame it on the update anyway).
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    astrp3 wrote:
    Can't prove cause and effect, but there's a correlation.

Not for me and a number of other users there isn't. I installed the update several hours ago and had no problems until about an hour ago. D3 has already posted on their Twitter and Facebook pages that this is related to the Amazon S3 outage (of course, people are free to claim that this is all a cover story and blame it on the update anyway).

Wasn't blaming it on the update, though I was certainly suspicious that it had something to do with the update based on past experience. Point taken, though.
  • Same problem here. Do we get refunded for VIP when we can't use it for over 24hrs?
  • JoeyCool
    JoeyCool Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Guess it's down for everyone, so much for using the last 8 hours of the first day of the PvE event to grind for progression.
    Daily Quest not going to get completed either.
    Real bummer for the PvE event. DDQ might still make it in the morning.
This discussion has been closed.