R121 Release Notes (2/27/17)

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Hrm. Looking up Marvel quotes brings up Hawkeye's quote from Age of Ultron: "The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense." We've got 3 Hawkeye's now, though. Is there any other "look" he's got? I guess the MCU Hawkeye isn't in game yet. Best I got.

He took up the identity of Ronin during the second arc of New Avengers back about ten years or so ago. It was a little awkward, and nobody really understood what the point was, but it happened. Ronin has swords and is is samurai-like in style. Including this rather obscure variant of Hawkeye in the game doesn't make sense...
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Nothing Makes Sense.
    Nothing Makes Cents.
    Someone who is broke.

5* Homeless Namor confirmed.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    In all seriousness, there's no way this is Iron Fist. With his show starting in three weeks, he'll be jammed down our throat starting March 24th (is my prediction).
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just realized that Spider-Man Back in Black already ruined the MCU 5* trend. Hopefully the clamoring fans will finally get the 4* Spider-Man for Homecoming. Or Vulture. Probably Vulture.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good point. A 5* Hawkeye before Thor, though? The most worthy is the fat kid in gym class. XD

Thor has his own movie coming later in the year though, so it would make more sense for his 5* to come out then anyway.
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    "Nothing Makes Sense anymore"

Is part of Logan Trailers?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Nothing Makes Sense anymore"

Is part of Logan Trailers?

Not to my recollection. But who would it even be, Old Man Xavier?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    "Nothing makes sense"

They listened and gave us a villain named Arcade
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    In all seriousness, there's no way this is Iron Fist. With his show starting in three weeks, he'll be jammed down our throat starting March 24th (is my prediction).
    I think the timing is perfect for Iron Fist as it would mean his release PvP would start on March 17th, same day as the show premieres. It would fit the pattern set by Daredevil (both seasons) and Luke Cage.
    I have no explanation for the clue, but Riri Williams being "haunted" was a stretch and it could easily be a line from the show that hasn't been seen in previews.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    From the hint, my mind went straight to Hawkeye. Another Civil War event rerun please!

Hopefully one of the bug fixes will address the issue of the inconsistent triggering of passive abilities.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really hope this isn't Hawkeye.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    If Hawkeye and that quote shouldn't it be a Ultron event?
  • zodiac339
    It feels soon for a boss event, but I guess that would be 4 weeks after the last one. Reasonablish. And Ultron would make sense for a quote from the related movie.
  • mega ghost
    edited February 2017
    I mean, if we're relating this to the 'Age of Ultron' quote couldn't it also be a 4* Scarlet Witch? Wasn't that quote delivered to her? Separately, her abilities are all about manipulating reality. Heck, this could even be a 5* House of M "No more mutants" Wanda.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost wrote:
    I mean, if we're relating this to the 'Age of Ultron' quote couldn't it also be a 4* Scarlet Witch? Wasn't that quaote delivered to her? Separately, her abilities are all about manipulating reality. Heck, this could even be a 5* House of M "No more mutants" Wanda.

If so, my money is on this cover:

portrait_incredible.jpg
  • mega ghost
    I haven't been reading her ongoing series, but apparently "Witchcraft is broken- and the Scarlet Witch is on a journey across the globe to fix it." The clue could apply to that as well. If it's related to this series I'd peg her as a 4* again, and with this cover:
    scarletwitch1.jpg
  • zodiac339
    Hmm, hadn't considered SWitch. I think we were all going with the character associated with making the quote, like Coulson and his "magical place". Now, with Arcane Incantation "corrected" (nerfed AF), a stronger SWitch would be nice.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    It's Taskmaster. Until we finally get him, it will always be Taskmaster.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    ......what on earth? The clue is almost LITERALLY word for word a quote from Hawkeye, in a comic book..........

What's the confusion, here?
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense"

This is some kind of clue

Like you would have for a Riddle...

In a bold move, Riddler confirmed as coming to MPQ!