R121 Release Notes (2/27/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R121 patch!

MPQ 121!
Work for the world’s premiere spy agency, save the world on a weekly basis, and look great doing it with Agent Coulson.
Find out more about 4-Star Agent Coulson here: Agent Coulson

"Nothing makes sense"

What's Changed:
    Fixed players getting stuck when restoring an account through Facebook Facebook gifts no longer prevent players from completing early parts of the game Fixed crash with healing bar and navigating to Training Screen Fixed crash with "Warning!" pop-up is displayed on selling a character
Bug Fixes:
    • Beast (Classic) -
Animal Inside now counts friendly Blue Invisibility tiles
• Beast (Classic) - Medical Marvel now counts friendly Blue Invisibility tiles
• Carnage (Cletus Kasady) -Carnage Rules no longer counts enemy Trap or Gun tiles
• Jean Grey (Phoenix) - Psychic Flames no longer counts friendly Black Hole and Trap tiles.
• Moonstone (Dark Avengers) - Gravity Warp no longer targets enemy Gun tiles.
• Venom (Eddie Brock) - Symbiotic Fury no longer counts enemy Black Hole, Motivation, or Gun tiles.
• Yelena (Dark Avengers) - Payback Mission no longer targets enemy Gun tiles.
• Allies stunned by The Punisher (MAX)'s Merciless Charge will return to their normal state on the allies turn instead of the opponent's turn.
• Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)'s power Executive Decision will no longer activate when Doctor Strange's Eye of Aggamoto, Black Bolt (Inhuman King)'s Motivation, or Silver Surfer (Skyrider)'s Black Hole tiles activate.
• The game no longer crashes when a transformed The Hulk (Bruce Banner) attempts to make a match at the start of the turn.
• Thanos' power Court Death now activates when an enemy is downed by a power that made the character airborne.
• Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw)'s power Everyone With Me no longer increases the enemies' powers by two.
• Medusa (Inhuman Queen)'s power The Resolute Queen no longer activates when Locked tiles are matched.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get confirmation that one of these bug fixes is starlord yellow returning to normal?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing makes sense.

Dazed and confused

Dazzled

Dazzler confirmed. You're welcome.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    'Bug fixes'.

Uh-huh. Like... which ones? icon_e_smile.gif
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Nothing makes sense.

Dazed and confused

Dazzled

Dazzler confirmed. You're welcome.
    Nah, They're adding in a "+2.5% damage to Bagman" boost
  • Jaedenkaal
    JablesMc wrote:
    Nah, They're adding in a "+2.5% damage to Bagman" boost

Oh thank goodness. That was the worst gauntlet node of them all.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing makes sense. Wish I had the brain power for a Dazzler joke right now. So, let's see. Trying to figure stuff out. The Answer? That guy's obscure. Hmm, actually, leading from that, he died bringing Dagger back to life. Isn't there supposed to be a Cloak and Dagger series. Is this for Dagger? I mean, you can't do a light clue, 'cause the community will just flip over "Dazzler makes light! Dazzler confirmed!" stuff.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Nothing Makes Sense"
    anagrams
    Shoemaking Sonnet
    means
    Footwear Song
    translates to
    Disco

Dazzler confirmed.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    pheregas wrote:
    "Nothing Makes Sense"
    anagrams
    Shoemaking Sonnet
    means
    Footwear Song
    translates to
    Disco

Dazzler confirmed.
    Just for the mental gymnastics you had to do for that one, She's going to be a 1*
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    "Nothing makes sense."

They're adding the company D3 as a playable character!

*rim shot*

Hrm. Looking up Marvel quotes brings up Hawkeye's quote from Age of Ultron: "The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense." We've got 3 Hawkeye's now, though. Is there any other "look" he's got? I guess the MCU Hawkeye isn't in game yet. Best I got.

Other than that, I would guess another person from Doctor Strange, since that whole movie was about weird stuff that doesn't make sense. icon_razz.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I figured we'd be getting 4* Danny in time for his Netflix series, especially since we jumped from Quake to Cage in the PvE rotation. But, the clue doesn't quite seem to fit.

Mysterio in honor of the Logan release? I mean, he has nothing to do with the movie, but fitting for the 2008 comic, so that seems weird. But, the clue would fit...
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Nothing makes sense."

*rim shot*

Hrm. Looking up Marvel quotes brings up Hawkeye's quote from Age of Ultron: "The city is flying and we're fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. Nothing makes sense." We've got 3 Hawkeye's now, though. Is there any other "look" he's got? I guess the MCU Hawkeye isn't in game yet. Best I got.

Other than that, I would guess another person from Doctor Strange, since that whole movie was about weird stuff that doesn't make sense. icon_razz.gif

They seem to be on a roll with adding 5* MCU characters from Civil War so I think 5* Hawkeye makes sense with possible (But hopefully not) a lazy mirrored 3* version.
  • TheWerebison
    broll wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense."

*rim shot*

They seem to be on a roll with adding 5* MCU characters from Civil War so I think 5* Hawkeye makes sense with possible (But hopefully not) a lazy mirrored 3* version.

Good point. A 5* Hawkeye before Thor, though? The most worthy is the fat kid in gym class. XD
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited February 2017
    broll wrote:
    They seem to be on a roll with adding 5* MCU characters from Civil War so I think 5* Hawkeye makes sense with possibly a 3* version that I can actually hope to have champed before I retire

Fixed that for you. Nothing lazy about releasing the same character at two tier levels at the same time. Only once before in my 860 days of playing have they (in my recollection) released two different characters at the same time (Cap and Iron Man) and let's face it, they might as well not have released Cap at all at that point.
  • broll
    broll wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense."

*rim shot*

Good point. A 5* Hawkeye before Thor, though? The most worthy is the fat kid in gym class. XD

Thor wasn't in Civil War...
  • TheWerebison
    broll wrote:
    broll wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense."

*rim shot*

Thor wasn't in Civil War...

Oh sorry, missed that part of your sentence. I was just thinking of the "original" Avengers, since Hulk also wasn't in Civil War.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Bowgentle wrote:
    'Bug fixes'.

Uh-huh. Like... which ones? icon_e_smile.gif
    *searches-for-bug-fixes* Hmm...uh...the good ones? icon_e_confused.gif

In all seriousness though, I currently don't have any bug fixes to announce. I would speculate that they're still finalizing the bug list, but I'll inquire with the developers later today / beginning of next week if there are any updates.
  • broll
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Fixed that for you. Nothing lazy about releasing the same character at two tier levels at the same time. Only once before in my 860 days of playing have they (in my recollection) released two different characters at the same time (Cap and Iron Man) and let's face it, they might as well not have released Cap at all at that point.

Please don't modify quotes so it looks like I said something that I didn't.

You don't think it's lazy, you're welcome to your opinion, you're not welcome to modify mine.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense"

This could be a reference to Legion, and possibly our first mutant in forever. The only reason I'm considering this is:

-The TV show is brand new and getting a lot of acclaim.
    -I believe Marvel has a hand in it, does it not?
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    - Bug Fixes

Carol's green?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing makes sense.

Or rather:

No Thing makes sense.

They've finally realised that there are way too many characters, and they are removing Thing from the game.

Or it could be Dazzler.