R121 Release Notes (2/27/17)

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense"

This could be a reference to Legion, and possibly our first mutant in forever. The only reason I'm considering this is:

-The TV show is brand new and getting a lot of acclaim.
    -I believe Marvel has a hand in it, does it not?

I was expecting this next release to be a 4* Iron Fist to coincide with the show's premiere on 3/17, but I'm not sure how the clue applies there, and maybe they're working on a release event for that later in the month. I could also see this being a 4* possessed-by-The-Hand Daredevil (Shadowland.) I have a feeling the Defenders show is going to touch on this storyline, which may get hinted at or started in the Iron Fist show, and it's possible they're trying to get all of the roster in line for that and had the opening now.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    HaywireII wrote:
    Orion wrote:
    No fixes yet for StarLord, Thanos or Falcon?

Falcon getting fixed tonight in a data push. Starlord getting fixed in 121. I saw that info on the Discord server.
    Yes, Falcon's Redwing bug is anticipated to be fixed in today's patch, and Star-Lord's AP bug is anticipated to be fixed in R121.
    Brigby wrote:
    What about Daken and OML's strike tile interaction?
    Those are still being investigated right now, but the team is aware of it and figuring out how to address it.

Hi Brigby, this is from the R120 Release Notes. Any update on this? SL is rather annoying on the 4* essential in DPvMPQ PVE.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    What have been the release dates between 5 star.png? Should we expect another so soon after Black Panther?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    What have been the release dates between 5 star.png? Should we expect another so soon after Black Panther?

Isn't it 2 4* and then another 5*? Mordo and Coulson would fit that, unless I have the pattern wrong.
  • Ciaphas_Cain
    Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    First playable 6* character - Ultron?

I hears a rumour, so it must be true! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    mega ghost wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense"

This could be a reference to Legion, and possibly our first mutant in forever. The only reason I'm considering this is:

I was expecting this next release to be a 4* Iron Fist to coincide with the show's premiere on 3/17, but I'm not sure how the clue applies there, and maybe they're working on a release event for that later in the month. I could also see this being a 4* possessed-by-The-Hand Daredevil (Shadowland.) I have a feeling the Defenders show is going to touch on this storyline, which may get hinted at or started in the Iron Fist show, and it's possible they're trying to get all of the roster in line for that and had the opening now.

Maybe they'll finally add Jessica Jones then. Is she restricted in some way?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    "The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. none of this makes sense. - Hawkeye in Age of Ultron
  • mega ghost
    Killians8 wrote:
    Maybe they'll finally add Jessica Jones then. Is she restricted in some way?

Not to my knowledge. I just think they missed their window when the show rolled around. This may have been before Marvel was actively cross-promoting in the game as well.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby wrote:
    What about Daken and OML's strike tile interaction?
    Those are still being investigated right now, but the team is aware of it and figuring out how to address it.

Hi Brigby, this is from the R120 Release Notes. Any update on this? SL is rather annoying on the 4* essential in DPvMPQ PVE.
    I took a look at its bug report, and it turns out it's a rather tricky one to solve. The issue itself is not complex to fix, but picking the right method of fixing it is crucial.

Long story short, the developers are cautiously determining how to solve it, because simply picking the easy and quick method can be anticipated to cause other issues. While being cautious does mean more time is spent investigating, it will result in a safer and more effective solution across the board.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Legion can't make sense out of his own life and accidentally killed his own father instead of Magneto
    This is a hero/villain I want to play
  • mega ghost
    "The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. none of this makes sense. - Hawkeye in Age of Ultron

If this were to be another Hawkeye, I'm not sure where he'd fit in. It would be nice to have playable Clint in the 3* tier, but that would surprise me. A 5* MCU version would sort of annoy me. And we already have a Hawkeye in the 4* tier, two would be bloated. I suppose there's the blind version of him from Old Man Logan, but as you noted the clue implies the MCU version.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:

If this were to be another Hawkeye, I'm not sure where he'd fit in. It would be nice to have playable Clint in the 3* tier, but that would surprise me. A 5* MCU version would sort of annoy me. And we already have a Hawkeye in the 4* tier, two would be bloated. I suppose there's the blind version of him from Old Man Logan, but as you noted the clue implies the MCU version.

I think a 4* MCU Hawkeye is the answer but I could be wrong. They paraphrased rather than quoted directly
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the update on the SL fix. I'm glad to see that it's being worked on.

I get that there isn't always an easy "fix this specific bug" button that can be pushed.
  • mega ghost
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I get that there isn't always an easy "fix this specific bug" button that can be pushed.

I blame the devs for not developing that button.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Nothing makes sense"
    Maybe the current Hulk...Jennifer Walters...?
    She's desperately trying to make sense of her life post-Bruce Banner.

That's all I can really think of. I got nothing.

Though after reading Doctor Strange recently, I hope one day we get The Orb.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, 4* has 2 Venom (and Carnage, so 3 Symbiote), 2 Spiderverse, 3 Iron Suits, 2 Hulks, 2 Captain Americas. There's precedence for taking the name and mantle in the same tier. Oh, can't forget 2 Wolverine (X 23 and X Force). Hawkeye makes sense in the tier (though releaseing him as 5 star would mean less stress for a 4* I Fist release for Netflix).
    But what about the powers? One of them has to be "Hit 'em with the bow! Hawkeye knows Melee fighting, and smacks the target with his bow instead of using an arrow. Target is dumbfounded, taking X damage and stunned for 2 turns. Bow breaks in the process, placing a 2 turn CD tile, disabling this power and "Actually shoot an arrow" while he gets a new bow. (Passive: if Find a Bow tile does not exist, makes a Find a Bow tile at the beginning of your turn).
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    mega ghost wrote:

While we technically have a Hawkeye in the 4* tier, we don't have a Hawkeye that you can use in Hawkeye-required nodes, like the ones that appear in Civil War. Because Kate Bishop's primary character name is Kate Bishop, she isn't selectable for those nodes. That means they could release a 4* Hawkeye and you could have 4* Kate and Clint on the same team, which would actually be pretty cool.

And if anyone thinks having two Hawkeyes in one tier is bloated, I would like to point out that we already have two 4* icon_venom.pngs. (And it still annoys me that Agent icon_venom.png doesn't have his own symbol).
  • mega ghost
    And if anyone thinks having two Hawkeyes in one tier is bloated, I would like to point out that we already have two 4* icon_venom.pngs. (And it still annoys me that Agent icon_venom.png doesn't have his own symbol).

I think that's totally bloated! I also, separately, do not like Agent Venom. And I wish that some of these dupes were better spread out across tiers for more representation. Agent Venom would be more palatable to me if he were a 3* because then he's at least filling a void.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:

Fixed that for you. Nothing lazy about releasing the same character at two tier levels at the same time. Only once before in my 860 days of playing have they (in my recollection) released two different characters at the same time (Cap and Iron Man) and let's face it, they might as well not have released Cap at all at that point.

Please don't modify quotes so it looks like I said something that I didn't.

You don't think it's lazy, you're welcome to your opinion, you're not welcome to modify mine.

I have never in my life attempted to modify someone's opinion over the internet. I'm not even sure that's possible. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Seriously though, my bad. No attempt to misconstrue your statement was intended.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    mega ghost wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    "Nothing makes sense"

I don't think the clue applies to Iron Fist, but I think we'll still get him. MCU Hawkeye is the best guess so far, so I'd put my money on 5* Hawkeye release early in March with a 4* Iron Fist later in the month when the series comes out.