Power Changes Involving Team-Up Tiles (2/18/17)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm also curious about the progress on this topic too. @Brigby Any chance we will hear anything on this topic at all ? I don't want to be negative, but it sounds like this topic is another topic that is already swept under the rug.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @aa25

I haven't heard any recent updates regarding this topic, but I can bring it up again in our next meeting. Just for clarity sake, the issue has specifically to do with Cyclops, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch seeming to be negatively impacted by this Team-Up change, and not the change itself of Team-Up times being excluded as a basic tile, correct?
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @aa25

I haven't heard any recent updates regarding this topic, but I can bring it up again in our next meeting. Just for clarity sake, the issue has specifically to do with Cyclops, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch seeming to be negatively impacted by this Team-Up change, and not the change itself of Team-Up times being excluded as a basic tile, correct?
    Mostly yeah...
    Especially switch! She is now so random that she has become completely unreliable to play with
  • aa25
    Options
    @Brigby

Thanks a lot for dropping by.

4* Cyclops, Quicksilver, and Scarlet witch, in my opinion which is similar to many others who have posted in this thread, are ones who got hit the most. There are many others characters who are also negatively impacted as well such as War machine, Quake (this one is even not listed, aka stealth nerfed), Winter Solider, etc.

Defining TU tiles being non-basic tiles is not the problem, at least in my opinion. But by changing performances of these characters for consistency purposes, instead of changing the power description, is something I disagree and obviously contradict to the goal of this change in the OP.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Quake also should be able to take out TU tiles with blue power. (So it is optimal to build rainbow team with her)

Silver Surfer should be able to black hole on TU. Pointless to limit those tiles out for this power.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

Scarlet Witch notwithstanding, I think I'd go so far as to say that it's the powers where you CHOOSE a tile that this change has (negatively) impacted. It's really frustrating to try to use a tactical, puzzle-y power only to find that randomly-placed Team-Up tiles are preventing you from using the power its best effect. I note that Bullseye's green power has been specifically changed to allow you to choose Team-Up tiles as well as basic tiles (in the wording. the effect was always like that) presumably for this precise reason.

Of course, it's the worst for powers that randomly choose tiles within range. Arcane Incantation and Gatling Gun would be the standouts here. Those powers can actually fail to affect the number of tiles listed in the description if there aren't enough in range (ie adjacent). (I guess Hexbolt falls into this category also, and it was bad to begin with)

The other powers that randomly select tiles anywhere (Blammo, Animal Inside, etc...) only fail to affect the listed number of tiles if there aren't enough tiles on the whole board. That's why no one is complaining about those.

Suffice it to say that Team-Up tiles were already our 7th-favourite non-special tile, and this change was not good Team-Up PR :)
  • Brigby
    Options
    @aa25 @turul

Understood. I'll make sure to emphasize those characters when bringing up the topic of Team-Up tiles not being targeted by specific abilities anymore. Thanks for the info!
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @aa25 @turul

Understood. I'll make sure to emphasize those characters when bringing up the topic of Team-Up tiles not being targeted by specific abilities anymore. Thanks for the info!
    Thanks @Brigby.  @Jaedenkaal hit it right on the head really.  
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'll agree that this was a demoralizing change, especially for Scarlet Witch. Remember when her green power hex bolt had a 'bug' that made it usable? (generating 2x AP per tile destroyed) She was a lot of fun during that time. I do not see her very often anymore in PvP. 
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    aa25 said:

Defining TU tiles being non-basic tiles is not the problem, at least in my opinion. But by changing performances of these characters for consistency purposes, instead of changing the power description, is something I disagree and obviously contradict to the goal of this change in the OP.
    This!

It feels like the actual goal was to nerf some characters, and the TU tiles "consistency" issue was just a convenient way of doing it without having to come out and say it was a nerf.
  • aa25
    Options
    @Brigby

Ten days has passed for a question about a 2-months old change. Any chance we will hear any feedback/statement/ or anything ? I don't want to be negative, but I start to feel I'm wasting my time here. This radio silence from the devs is more like secrecy more than transparency. In this case, these characters are just nerfed for no apparent reasons.
  • Brigby
    Options
    @aa25

The last time I posted, I had reached out to the developers to discuss this topic. I have already sent them a list of all the characters that appear to be negatively impacted by these changes, and they will be evaluating how to address those characters.

Unfortunately I do not have any update to this topic as of right now.
  • aa25
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @aa25

The last time I posted, I had reached out to the developers to discuss this topic. I have already sent them a list of all the characters that appear to be negatively impacted by these changes, and they will be evaluating how to address those characters.

Unfortunately I do not have any update to this topic as of right now.
    Thank you so much. I'm glad that you are around and keep us informed on many things.