Gauntlet prizes are pathetic

12346»

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I typically enter these and then stop somewhere midway through the second round due to the amount of effort required and due to the difficulty. If there's anything else going on, I'll do that instead. This was the first time I was able to beat it, and it was solely due to having champed 4* characters that were boosted. Now that I've gotten to the end, I can say it's not so terrible.

While I'd certainly like better rewards, they aren't exactly pathetic. In addition to the 4* character from progression (all you have to do is play each match once, no grinding necessary), each node gives you 500 ISO (it adds up!) and the two toughest nodes in each offer 1 CP each, making for a total of 6 CP.

This could become really solid with some minor changes:

-Be more liberal with vault tokens.
    -Double the number of 3* cover rewards.
    -Add CP progression rewards, enough so that by the end you've earned 20 CP.
    -Since this is not an event that expects grinding (the progression rewards don't require it, and there are no placement rewards), make each node 1/1 rewards instead of out of 3. That way you're only playing each one once, and getting 10 XP each match.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Teskal wrote:
    The Gauntlet is not the worst event. The idea itself is pretty cool.

I like it to have very different enemy teams to fight. Not like in other events, which have only few enemies.

What is not ok:
    - Scaling
    It should be hard for everyone to reach the end, but not impossible. For me it ended in Simulation 34. Peggy, Medusa and Gwen are to much for my roster, I have no idea how to fight them and win and I tried. Even a member of my alliance with a much better roster with few champed 4*and nearly all 3* champed stopped here.

There should be different SCL to make it possible even for beginners to have fun till the end.

Also a 4* should not have the same level in scaling as a 3* or 2*. A level 229 enemy group should not have level 228 for 1*, 2*, 3* and up. The fight value of a 4* is normally much better as a 2*.

- Prices
    in a normaly PVE event, SCL 7 you get in 6 days normally
    2x 4*
    some 3*
    lot more CP
    lots more iso-8 every day
    (normally I make 20k-30k every day. In the moment ~4k iso-8)
    400-600 HP (incl. chapter prices)
    and at the end of a subchapter and final end lot of tokens, covers and iso-8, depending on you placement.

Gauntlet is 7 days and the prices are ridiculous compared to 2 normal events. (Same problem in events like Civil War) and most Gauntlet prices are not even reachable. There is no easy 4* to get in Gauntlet.

The Gauntlet really need rework. Especially the scaling, but this also for other events.
    For players without a really good 4* roster, this event means after the first day, 6 other days without PVE.

Peggy node:
    Charlie's Angels worked for me, even though my Prof X has only 4 blue covers. On the other hand, I barely survived, Gwenpool dropping random 12k damage was devastating. Still, nothing else worked for me. No, 3* at ~250 isn't as powerfull as 4* at the same level. The good news is I got the vault token that granted me a 2* Thor. Yay!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:
    I'm bored. Can we get a real PVE going already? icon_e_sad.gif

This. I'm so poor right now.
    No ISO or HP income at all.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Just completed the gauntlet. Green ticked the lot. Now it is DPD or PVP for 3 days. Now this hopefully should be a time where I can pull back a bit and not think about shields, hops, timings for PVE etc but instead im thinking “ I need the iso “.

The fact that im missing this grind is a red flag and so I will hit mins on pvp, and then chill for 3 days remembering its just a game and go outside you smelly old man because apparently there are trees out there.

That is all….
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    TeamStewie wrote:
    I'm bored. Can we get a real PVE going already? icon_e_sad.gif

This. I'm so poor right now.
    No ISO or HP income at all.

The timing was quite lucky for me, I had only just saved up enough iso to champ two characters and the only 4*'s in my queue are the Wasp and Mr F who are not getting champed anytime soon anyway, so other than the slowdown of my 2* farm I haven't missed the iso as much as I usually would have done.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Where the heck is our regular PVE at? In other runs of Gauntlet a normal PVE would have started today.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Where the heck is our regular PVE at? In other runs of Gauntlet a normal PVE would have started today.
    But but but... it's so _wonderful_ to play at your own pace, no?
    You'll glad give up the rewards of regular PVE for it!

Yeah, just like I expected, devs are off drinking and we're not getting regular PVE to run beside Gauntlet.
    Which sucks for those of us who are used to their t10 pve rewards.

But hey, Gauntlet is so great!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    So many melts over this lol. I mean, yeah, it sucks a bit, but it is not the end of the world. Unless this is the only source of your entertainment just take the break in stride.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I was originally in the camp that thought the Gauntlet was not too bad, but I'm switching over. I'm bored and the diminishing returns on grinding for rewards is really kicking in at this point. And there's still more than two days left in the event!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes they are pathetic. I used to love playing gauntlet when 4* were top of the line but now in 5* meta, the work for a one 4* cover is way too much. I will say the iso8.png and potential xp is decent (if you clear nodes multiple times) but you lose out on a lot of CP (most valuable resource in the game) and tokens along with placement rewards. Every iteration of the gauntlet also seems to get harder and harder for decreasing value of rewards (in that the value of the rewards haven't increased with the meta of the game....a microcosm of this entire game)