Gauntlet prizes are pathetic

Comments

• PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    This is a little off the OP but a few people have mentioned difficulty and scaling....

Mine this time is off the chart for me... I'm am in 4* progression... early in with 1 champion 4 star... 2 at 230ish and 2 more I just got 13th cover...

Already in Wilderness I've been wiped twice... never happened before!!! Sim 10 has me fighting 190's.

PS not happy at the Bullseye essential either
  • marvellus
    marvellus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    seeing how many others feel the same way about this particular Gauntlet (esp after a great Strange Sights), and how unlikely it will be for me to get the ultimate prize without the required covers, plus the high difficulty relative to the pitiful rewards, why bother ?

please give us another event to occupy us for the next week!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    PeeOne wrote:
    This is a little off the OP but a few people have mentioned difficulty and scaling....

Mine this time is off the chart for me... I'm am in 4* progression... early in with 1 champion 4 star... 2 at 230ish and 2 more I just got 13th cover...

Already in Wilderness I've been wiped twice... never happened before!!! Sim 10 has me fighting 190's.

PS not happy at the Bullseye essential either

190 ish is about right for your level. My Sim 10 is 209 and I have multiple champed 4s.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the posters who constantly scream about wanting non competitive PVE...Here ya go!

**** rewards and alot of work. Gauntletneers have fun while I play regular PvE.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    All the posters who constantly scream about wanting non competitive PVE...Here ya go!

That's a terrible attitude.

Like normal PVE isn't a lot of work icon_rolleyes.gif
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

That's a terrible attitude.

Like normal PVE isn't a lot of work icon_rolleyes.gif

Touche! But at least they are um..Less **** rewards!?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I expected this was the easiest gauntlet ever.

I've never actually finished one previously (could have done the last one but not for venom) and this time round I did it in less than a day. Why? No locked characters. So personally I think the reward is equal to the effort required to finish it.

Just my personal experience though
  • As I expected this was the easiest gauntlet ever.

I've never actually finished one previously (could have done the last one but not for venom) and this time round I did it in less than a day. Why? No locked characters. So personally I think the reward is equal to the effort required to finish it.

gauntlet is giving one 4* cover and replacing the awards from a normal 3/4 day event. compare what you did to what it would take to reach JUST 4* progression in a normal event. probably about the same "effort".

now subtract 10 cp, daily sub awards, daily alliance sub awards and both individual and alliance placement awards. thats why gauntlet sucks.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:

gauntlet is giving one 4* cover and replacing the awards from a normal 3/4 day event. compare what you did to what it would take to reach JUST 4* progression in a normal event. probably about the same "effort".

now subtract 10 cp, daily sub awards, daily alliance sub awards and both individual and alliance placement awards. thats why gauntlet sucks.

They should do seasons in pve and have gauntlet running the whole time alongside a regular pve so the level of rewards would be fine since they would be a bonus and it wouldn't seem too time-consuming either since you could easily do a fight or two here and there rather than pushing through as much of it as possible in one sitting like it was a regular pve.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the 4 star last night and finished the essentials from the first two subs this morning. Guess I'll slowly green check away for the next couple of days. A lot of experience points to be had, just a wee bit too much effort to have the same devotion as the first play thru.
  • JangoLore
    JangoLore Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    But 500 iso for the first completion of a node....
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Got the 4 star last night and finished the essentials from the first two subs this morning. Guess I'll slowly green check away for the next couple of days. A lot of experience points to be had, just a wee bit too much effort to have the same devotion as the first play thru.

What was needed to get the 4* this time, was it just a complete clear of the final sub (or even just the main path), I automatically cleared each node once due to that being needed in the past.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I agree that rewards could be more attractive, I don't see that much to complain about. If you only care for the progression rewards of the third sub, you only have to play 50 nodes... for a bit of perspective, if you want to compete for maximum progression reward in a normal PVE, you have to play each node at least 4 times. So that's 36-40 clears per sub. 50 is not much more than that and you don't even have to race to do them all in a day. Yes, the latter nodes are much more difficult than the ones you'll see in a normal PVE... but that's what a gauntlet is! Many people do relish the challenge.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I play this just for the challenge and to get the XP and ISO from the nodes.

However with my scaling I can only use a few teams. So far 1 team once I got 1/2 way through second map.

Currently scaling has enemies at level 410. I am using a team average of 372 so its not super far off but I have prioritized healing and AP denial since if an enemy gets a power off it can almost kill me.

I think this would go over much better if it was changed so completing map 1 gives you a 3* and map 2 a 4* and map 3 a legendary token or something along those lines. Most people in 1* or 2* land will not be able to complete map 1 to get the 2* reward anyways.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:

Actually I disagree. It took me just over 1 and half hours in 1 day to get the gauntlet prize. In a normal pve that usually takes 3 or 4 hours over the span of 3 or 4 days. As a person who usually only plays to the 4* cover that is quite clearly way less effort.

I'm not arguing the prizes are no worse than a normal pve, that part I acknowledge. What I'm saying is that the effort needed in gauntlet now matches the reward gained. Very little effort and time compared to a normal pve. Previously before change to locked out characters gauntlet was very hard and as a result usually took quite a while. So the prize did not feel worth it (why I skipped the venom one entirely) now however I got an easy 4* cover for just 1 and half hour effort.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Does anybody know how many CPs in total there are? Is it 9? (3 for each sub)

Actually I disagree. It took me just over 1 and half hours in 1 day to get the gauntlet prize. In a normal pve that usually takes 3 or 4 hours over the span of 3 or 4 days. As a person who usually only plays to the 4* cover that is quite clearly way less effort.

I'm not arguing the prizes are no worse than a normal pve, that part I acknowledge. What I'm saying is that the effort needed in gauntlet now matches the reward gained. Very little effort and time compared to a normal pve. Previously before change to locked out characters gauntlet was very hard and as a result usually took quite a while. So the prize did not feel worth it (why I skipped the venom one entirely) now however I got an easy 4* cover for just 1 and half hour effort.

The problem is not the effort. It might be less effort than getting all the progression rewards in a normal PvE, but that it is not what we should debate. The problem is that in a period of 7 days you will only get one 4 some 3s and 6 CPs out of PvE. THAT IS PATHETIC! You don't even get the same iso and CPs than by just compleating the nodes

In normal 7 day long PvE events we are not getting enough rewards compared to 3-4 day long events, and then in Gauntlet it is even worse!!!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor

That can't be a typical experience. Most rosters will run out of health packs long before clearing all three subevents even once -- the whole reason it's such a long event is because most people need to let health packs regenerate before a second attempt at that killer node that wiped them (and the one after that, and the one after that). I'd even suspect that most people can't clear Gauntlet in a day, let alone one and a half hours.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, its only 2 cp per sub for a total of 6. 200xp and 16800 iso per sub if you get all green checks.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards

Yep. And boosted Peggy is an unholy terror. I teamed her up with Hood and IM40, and they cut through Global Domination like a hot knife through butter. Recharge, Peg's Blue, Peg's Red the one who's not stunned. The passives keep the enemy from doing anything before they're all down.

So, I think the effort to reward ratio is good. The main problem is they just keep people from more grindy but higher paying rewards elsewhere. And it seems the people that like the event and those that don't all agree that there's a good compromise. A season gauntlet, supplementing normal events. It should be running alongside them, not instead of them, just like Shield Sim does on the PvP side. Dev's, you say you're listening. But, are you going to do anything? A popular solution exists, that should require minimal coding or testing, so it's right up your alley. Just make it happen.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Polares wrote:

Unless I'm missing something, its only 2 cp per sub for a total of 6. 200xp and 16800 iso per sub if you get all green checks.

Ok, Thanxs !

So... 6 miserable CPs for a 7 day long event!!! WHAT THE **** !!!!

And it is being a while since all Gauntlet evenys have been completely out of touch with the reality of the game. Devs you are LAZY !!!! FIX THIS ASAP !!!!