Gauntlet prizes are pathetic

Copps
Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The prizes in the gauntlet not being updated since it's first run is pretty sad. At the time a guaranteed four star cover was huge now there is one in progression in every pve. The failure to update the prizes for this event makes a great fun eventi was looking forward to just a boring slog. So we get reduced ISO and cp rewards for awhile so we can push through to a four star cover that few people even want? How is that going to help your player metrics.

To be fair I'm loving the current strange sights run and think it was designed very well.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is the 4* reward Cage?! Quake was next but now she will be passed up... I am more annoyed at this than anything else. I do not need Cage's yellow since mine is 4/0/4.. I prefer to not bust my **** for his 5th yellow because I will likely pull the 5th from tokens (and likely many times).

Looks like a mini-vacation for me and that's the best reward! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • The difficulty of that event far outweighs any potential reward, especially when using 5* rosters.
  • ~4,500 ISO, 100 HP, one 4* cover, 0 CP through progression awards. That's abysmal knowing the difficulty of this event. It doesn't provide much of a reason for vets or 4* transitioners to play it.

The Gauntlet is sorely in need of a reward update, or the addition of clearance levels to make the slog worth it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I'm debating skipping it. Rewards are terrible.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Told you so.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Hard skip here given RNG has blessed me with a 5/0/0 4* Cage. Sad day.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    How is the 4* reward Cage?! Quake was next but now she will be passed up... I am more annoyed at this than anything else. I do not need Cage's yellow since mine is 4/0/4.. I prefer to not bust my **** for his 5th yellow because I will likely pull the 5th from tokens (and likely many times).

Looks like a mini-vacation for me and that's the best reward! icon_e_biggrin.gif

The game is designed to mess with me specifically.
    When Ghost Rider's green was likely a progression reward, meaning I'd finally get to 13 covers for him, his progression was skipped because we had Boss Rush, I believe.
    So now that my Quake is finally at 12 covers after getting the progression in PvP, and my placement in the current PvE is anything between 8th-14th when I'm done, I was relying on the next PvE to have Quake as a reward for progression, either yellow or green would have been fine, but with blue I'd just buy her last cover.

And now...they put Cage at the end?

I'm trying to remember the previous Gauntlet. Did they have a 4* cover as a node completion reward before? Quake's a required character, they can't *not* give you the 4* required, can they?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Utterly abysmal considering the effort. Not even going to bother.

This is an extremely disappointing return to form after the unexpected generosity of the Valentine's Day promotion.

*sigh* icon_rolleyes.gif
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Cage will be my 13th cover, so I will try for it, but I won't work too hard for it.

The lack of CP (as I'm currently hoarding) really stinks. They need to change the reward structure.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm trying to remember the previous Gauntlet. Did they have a 4* cover as a node completion reward before? Quake's a required character, they can't *not* give you the 4* required, can they?

Last time Gauntlet ran was Sept. 4* essential was Ant-Man but the progression was for Venom.... That was the first time I beat Gauntlet and I can't believe I beat it fit freaking Venom...... I'm def skipping this now lol
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    I have to agree fully agree with the OP... the effort put in to The Gauntlet far outweighs the rewards. This event seriously needs its rewards adjusted, possibly adding in SCL scaling.

That being said, my C4ge is currently 4/4/4, so I will be doing my best to complete the grind just for the 13th cover.

Of course, I'll then have five fully covered, under-leveled, 4* just sitting around increasing my ISO Deficit... but that's the "Joy" of this game, right? RIGHT? icon_e_confused.gif
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if I've ever finished a Gauntlet. The scaling is so absurd. Vacation time for me.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i gave up halfway through round 2 last time
    my roster has improved more than my scaling has increased (I think)
    plus it's not like there's any rush to finish
    still no Quake cover? my 1/1/1 Daisy is jelly of my 2/1/1 Cage
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Th rewards definitely need to be improved a lot, I'll probably still play it but I'll take my time and am actually looking forward to not having to grind at specific hours in order to do well
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the best you could do? Not even a slight update to format or rewards?
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Gauntlet should be open 28 days and run concurrent with regular PVE. Kind of like PVP simulator.

Also, for those complaining about rewards, you can up your rewards by beating each node 4x. Won't help with progression, but gets you prize plus intercepts plus XP. Not too horrible in first two Gauntlet subs, although doing this in the third sub is pretty rough.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    All I am looking at is a ***Blade and a **Johnny Storm and a **Bullseye, as if I even wanted the first 200 that I trashed.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hopefully an event is run along side it as I certainly won't be participating.

There are some niche 4's i simply won't roster. Even the iso rewards from gauntlet are weaker than an average event.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

Same here. I have tried everything to pry the Quake cover out of my strange vault. I've done 8 as-optimal-as-I-can clears to compete for one (not even close now that I am near the end) and PVP is hopeless for my champed 3* roster.

This angers me far beyond what a match-3 game should.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've never really got the "it's not as much ISO as a normal event" complaints. Okay, it isn't. So what? The big ISO reward is given first. Just do one clear. Then the ISO to rounds played ratio is better than any other event.