Gauntlet prizes are pathetic

Comments

• Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    It's true that the progression rewards arent that great for Gauntlet, but on the bright side it also means a break over the weekend! So just take it as a time to relax and unwind peeps. I, for one, am thankful for this run of the Gauntlet. While i do want that yellow Cage cover, i know i dont have to chain myself to the phone at specific times of the day for a few hours each day for it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh, I'm just upset about missing out on a Quake cover that isn't blue. Mine has been stuck at 3-1-5 for at the very least five months.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since nobody has pointed it out, the final cover is Luke C4ge because he'll be required in the following story. He takes the place of a placement reward. We're used to the required legendary being available through progress in an event, and it sucks that Quake's not in there, but the event (as usual) is meant to prepare for the next event.
    That said, it sure would be nice for a rewards change to provide the required characters before the final rewards. Also would be nice if the 2 star character was actually used as required rather than just the 3 star and 4 star. And a non-featured 3 star is usually required for certain missions too. Gauntlet is holding on to a dead legacy.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Man, I love Gauntlet but I'm super disappointed that they're making it impossible to complete for me. I managed to beat the last one for the first time ever and felt pretty good about it, but I don't have C4ge rostered and the rewards are almost meaningless without him.

I can't believe they haven't updated the rewards even once since the first run of this event. It wasn't exceptional even then, and every other event has seen multiple improvements to their rewards. It'd be one thing if Gauntlet was just a side event like Shield Sim that always ran alongside other events, but when it takes the place of a PvE, it should have at least slightly comparable play incentives.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet and Lightning Rounds suffer from the same problem:

Autopilot-208x300.jpg

The former needs a drastic rewards restructure, the latter needs to encompass the entire 3* roster. It's not that much work, but they just won't do it.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    These rewards are bad. Which is unfortunate as the gauntlet used to be my favorite pve.

They won't make ant changes unless they see an effect in their metrics. Do enough players feel disapppinted to organize a boycott? Not sure if anything else will get them to respond quickly.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I've never really got the "it's not as much ISO as a normal event" complaints. Okay, it isn't. So what? The big ISO reward is given first. Just do one clear. Then the ISO to rounds played ratio is better than any other event.

Because the existing rewards still mean you need a month or so to max out a single 4* character. Having an event where *less* ISO is available just slows things down further.

It's interesting to me seeing Gauntlet go from a celebrated event that people loved to something people groan at, skip and want improvements on.
    I don't disagree at all, btw, it needs bringing into line with the post-clearance-level world. But it's interesting nontheless.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I've never really got the "it's not as much ISO as a normal event" complaints. Okay, it isn't. So what? The big ISO reward is given first. Just do one clear. Then the ISO to rounds played ratio is better than any other event.
    Because a lot of people, a lot of people, need x iso/day to use any number of covers before they expire. Having an iso lean event is costly
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, need me a quick 150,000 iso in the next 3 days to possibly champ a 4 and gauntlet puts a real damper on that now.

it especially hurts now that the 2 star farm turnover rate has come to a near grinding halt.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would you rather the prize structure go back to awarding the top 10 (or was it 100) people to clear it in each bracket for a 10 heroic pack?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Would you rather the prize structure go back to awarding the top 10 (or was it 100) people to clear it in each bracket for a 10 heroic pack?
    No, I want a complete overhaul of the Gauntlet prize structure.
    Running this instead of a normal PVE is just cruel.
    This should be an extra side event during a PVP season, prizes fit perfectly for that.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Considering how difficult the Gauntlet is compared to regular PvE, at SCL 7/8 and above the final prize should be a 5* cover.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guys! Something happened that isn't loot falling from the sky! Let's all gripe about it! WOOOOOOO
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    Considering how difficult the Gauntlet is compared to regular PvE, at SCL 7/8 and above the final prize should be a 5* cover.
    Now I like this idea.
    As far as I'm aware other than pulling legendary tokens there isn't an in-game competition where we can Earn a 5* cover.

Like you said, considering how tough gauntlet is, this is the perfect opportunity to insert a juicy 5* cover as the final prize.
    Well done icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Sorry guys, a dev just told me on IRC that they had planned on awarding better prizes but some ne'er-do-wells ransacked the prize vault. icon_e_sad.gif The good news is that they got footage of the perpetrators in the act.

VGtJrKD.png

Don't confront them as they are armed and dangerous. Just walk away and alert the authorities.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

Because the existing rewards still mean you need a month or so to max out a single 4* character. Having an event where *less* ISO is available just slows things down further.

It's interesting to me seeing Gauntlet go from a celebrated event that people loved to something people groan at, skip and want improvements on.
    I don't disagree at all, btw, it needs bringing into line with the post-clearance-level world. But it's interesting nontheless.
    It says something about how much the game has improved - Gauntlet hasn't gotten worse, all the other event got better. The Gauntlet was Nice when all other PvEs had eight hour refreshes and only the top finishers got good rewards. It's easier than ever to get covers now though.
    My Power Man is 4/2/5 and I am 5 Cag3 covers away from another Black, so I am rather happy about the yellow cover.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    TazFTW wrote:
    Sorry guys, a dev just told me on IRC that they had planned on awarding better prizes but some ne'er-do-wells ransacked the prize vault. icon_e_sad.gif The good news is that they got footage of the perpetrators in the act.

[.snip image.]

Don't confront them as they are armed and dangerous. Just walk away and alert the authorities.
    Hey, don't be too hard on them. I heard they needed food badly, especially the wizard.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    If this has been a cage I needed I'd have gone hard to get it but I'm 5/5/1 and I don't have 240 CP to use this cover.

I was hoping for a gauntlet but seeing the prizes not reflective of shield levels is disappointing.

I love the variety of fights in gauntlet and with a fairly decent four star roster developing I was intrigued as to how I'd fair.

I agree with others that it would be nice to have a monthly gauntlet you can drop in and out of alongside regular pve just like a shield simulator
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    No, I want a complete overhaul of the Gauntlet prize structure.
    Running this instead of a normal PVE is just cruel.
    This should be an extra side event during a PVP season, prizes fit perfectly for that.

This.

I love the Gauntlet, I have always loved the concept of the Gauntlet, but these prices are pathetic! In a normal PvE you can easily get a 4 and 25CPs just with progression! Plus all the other rewards. Here just one 4 and the CPs from the nodes (which is more or less the same in a 7 day PvE) after completing the whole Gauntlet! Much difficult than just getting max progression rewards.

- First they need to change the rewards ASAP, like now, we need better rewards for this Gauntlet, not for the next one! Like today, NOW.
    - Second, Gauntlet needs to be overhauled and changed into a season long PvE event that runs in parallel to other PvE events. We have been requesting this for a while but thruth is DEVS DON'T LISTEN!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think people will vote with their fingers on this gauntlet. I will enjoy some time off. I will still clear first and second guantlets over the weekend (just out of boredom) but most likely not the third one. Just not worth the hustle for one cover of a 4* (change that to captain marvel and you have everybody playing... lol).

One change from the previous Gauntlet (not sure it was mentioned) - nobody in your lineup is locked. So charlie's angels or stormfinity should make it work for most players. Just the grind to get all the rewards from nodes seems pointless.