Gauntlet prizes are pathetic

Comments

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I am good with doing a boycott of this PVE until we get better rewards. Are there enough of us to do this for the Dex's to pay attention?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    All those complaining about the difficulty should remember... No character is locked out anymore. This event will be a breeze
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    One change from the previous Gauntlet (not sure it was mentioned) - nobody in your lineup is locked. So charlie's angels or stormfinity should make it work for most players. Just the grind to get all the rewards from nodes seems pointless.

Huh, that's true. So at least the idea of stopping your progress by putting XPool on all the hardest nodes, preventing you from whaling it, is gone.

Still though, I love the idea of Gauntlet being the Shield Simulator of PvE.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic wrote:
    One change from the previous Gauntlet (not sure it was mentioned) - nobody in your lineup is locked. So charlie's angels or stormfinity should make it work for most players. Just the grind to get all the rewards from nodes seems pointless.

Huh, that's true. So at least the idea of stopping your progress by putting XPool on all the hardest nodes, preventing you from whaling it, is gone.

I think a season gauntlet is the best solution too. Have it be there to play at your leisure. It isn't replacing any "higher paying" events, but supplementing them. And the rewards structure is similar to Sheild Sim already.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    While I’m disappointed for the majority of rewards (still excited for the 4* Cage cover though), I am enjoying the new fights with the new characters so far. (last node of Alpine Tactics is 5* Panther/3* Thanos/ IM40, fun to see that Panther red in action).

I don’t think there are enough members on the boards to form a boycott that they would notice amongst all the casual players out there.

I do like the idea of a seasonal Gauntlet, especially if the rewards stay like this.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa wrote:
    TazFTW wrote:
    Sorry guys, a dev just told me on IRC that they had planned on awarding better prizes but some ne'er-do-wells ransacked the prize vault. icon_e_sad.gif The good news is that they got footage of the perpetrators in the act.

[.snip image.]

Don't confront them as they are armed and dangerous. Just walk away and alert the authorities.
    Hey, don't be too hard on them. I heard they needed food badly, especially the wizard.

It's their own fault for accidentally shooting their health packs.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Magic wrote:

I think a season gauntlet is the best solution too. Have it be there to play at your leisure. It isn't replacing any "higher paying" events, but supplementing them. And the rewards structure is similar to Sheild Sim already.

Let's keep repeating it and maybe just maybe they will listen to us...

Common Devs you already have this implemented! You just need to tweak a bit the rewards and make it 20 days long!!!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    While I’m disappointed for the majority of rewards (still excited for the 4* Cage cover though), I am enjoying the new fights with the new characters so far. (last node of Alpine Tactics is 5* Panther/3* Thanos/ IM40, fun to see that Panther red in action).

I don’t think there are enough members on the boards to form a boycott that they would notice amongst all the casual players out there.

I do like the idea of a seasonal Gauntlet, especially if the rewards stay like this.
    Just remove boosted characters (keeping required is fine) and scale down the difficulty some to compensate for no boosted characters.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I think prizes should be based on Shield ranking. That would be fairer.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    IF cover puts him at 183, so Kate cover, and the C4ge cover will put him at 5/3/5. Even though I hate this event and have never finished it, I at least have to try this time.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I like it that there are different enemies to fight. Which makes this PVE very special.

What I do not like is that this destroys any planning like the Civil War event.

For some people it is the amount of iso-8 or the offered covers, for me it is 600-800 HP I'm missing and I can sell covers in a few days which wouldn't necessary with normal PVE.

This even should really have a SCL, maybe not so many as normal, but few different levels with different difficulties and prices. And the prices for all SCL's should be much better. I mean, even most PVP's have better prices like the Simulator...

It is a shame what D3 is doing.

I totally agree, it should be a 28 day PVE beside the normal events!!!!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    The biggest thing I don't like about Gauntlet is that Max Progression is a true Max Progression. Unlike most PVE's where you get points every time you beat a node until you get the value down to 1... in the Gauntlet you get points only 1 time.

Max Progression requires that you actually have all the essentials. If you are missing one essential in the third sub, you cannot reach max progression. You will not get the 4*. So sad, too bad.

Every other PVE, max progression allows you some breathing room allowing you to make up the points by clearing beyond the 4 clears of all nodes so that you can still reach it.

If Max progression could be achieved by clearing them all Once, but ALSO allowing you to clear them twice for reduced points the second time, would give us some breathing room to make up for the branches we can't access for lack of the essential.

Gauntlet just makes no sense to me in this regards.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    There’s about a hundred people who have already gotten to the 4* cover reward in my bracket, myself included. That’s fastest I’ve ever been able to complete a Gauntlet, usually it takes me by Sunday to reach that. Granted, I do have champs of Xpool/Peggy/Quake, but I think the lack of a character restriction is making this a lot easier and/or quicker than normal for people

Maybe these are the appropriate rewards for the time & effort? A 4* cover and all the ISO to get there ain’t bad for a one day (half day really) grind. I think this may be just be a test to see how the Gauntlet holds up considering that no-restriction on characters change.

But…. does that mean we get another PVE tomorrow? Because, while I’d love the time to relax, now I’ve got to champ that 4* Luke Cage before the cover expires.

The problem might not be that if the rewards are worth the amount of effort required, but rather if the rewards are worth the time that the game itself is reserving for it.

Even if I grind each Gauntlet sub to all green checks, I don't think that equals the normal daily PVE output if you’re in an alliance. (not for 6 days worth at least). They usually start the next event by Sunday during a Gauntlet, don’t they?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    But…. does that mean we get another PVE tomorrow? Because, while I’d love the time to relax, now I’ve got to champ that 4* Luke Cage before the cover expires. Even if I grind each Gauntlet sub to all green checks, I don't think that equals the normal daily PVE output if you’re in an alliance. (not for 6 days worth at least). They usually start the next event by Sunday during a Gauntlet, don’t they?
    Yeah, no.
    We're not getting a new PVE while Gauntlet runs.
    That's why we're complaining about the prize structure.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I could use the break after grinding strange sights just to barely hit tenth place, it really is the 7 day long period that hurts gauntlet now. Especially with character restrictions no longer applying. I'll probably finish by tonight or tomorrow at the lateat. Then I'll just hit for the next 5 days intermittently to get checks.

Really needs another event to run alongside it. But scl would be nice too.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    While I could use the break after grinding strange sights just to barely hit tenth place, it really is the 7 day long period that hurts gauntlet now. Especially with character restrictions no longer applying. I'll probably finish by tonight or tomorrow at the lateat. Then I'll just hit for the next 5 days intermittently to get checks.

If it is like the other runs of Gauntlet, the next PVE will start halfway through at a normal 3/4 day breakpoint (Sunday or Monday).
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I'm super excited to get that 2* redflag.png HT cover from the second sub. It will save the 10+ covers dying on my vine.

Sad when I care more about a 2* reward than the 4* reward.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

If it is like the other runs of Gauntlet, the next PVE will start halfway through at a normal 3/4 day breakpoint (Sunday or Monday).

Well that's cool...my memory is so short when it comes to events that it was only after I read what you that I can vaguely remember that.

One thing I do love about gauntlet is seeing teams and the capabilities of my lowly - covered fours. That Agent Venom, Moon Knight And Spider Gwen trio is pretty sweet. I'll have to give it a try when I get those guys above 5 covers at the end of year lol.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think this will be the first time I'll be able to clear the Gauntlet, as I have all 3* and 4* characters. So I'm looking forward to that challenge.

Fist cover will net me a Kate cover from champ rewards, so that's good. But my 3/0/2 C4ge would have preferred a black cover, just to get that power on the board. Le sigh.

It would be nice to have SCL implemented for this to have a better rewards structure, but it sounds like with character restrictions removed it's become easier. Perhaps the rewards reflect the fact that much less effort is required to earn them.

At any rate, I understand the frustration with the lack of ISO/daily sub rewards. I need to replenish my HP well, and this certainly won't help.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Would you rather the prize structure go back to awarding the top 10 (or was it 100) people to clear it in each bracket for a 10 heroic pack?

How is comparing it to a past reward structure that was even worse helpful? What point are you trying to make: it's not as bad as it was so suck it up?