We Heart You! – Share Your Favorite Marvel Puzzle Quest Duo

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Can we get an update from D3 about where we are in the contest?

Obviously not good since they haven't updated it. Shouldn't be a surprise, remember the "bonus" reward for that marvel website a few months back.
    The last update was on their previous working day. Hold your horses, there will likely be a post today.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Not sure why anyone would think a free Phoenix cover for everyone is such a terrible idea. Worst case it's an extra 2k iso for those that don't want it. The Cyclops cover at the same tier might be very welcome for more.

Not that reaching tier 9 is even a reasonable expectation.

There are 2 different issues here.

Or is a 5* on a very low level roster bad because we're assuming so many of those players just wouldn't know better to sell it. It would probably do really well in the prologue.

The bolded. Most of them wouldn't know to sell it, and it would completely wreck their scaling after they rostered it.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I committed fanart and made some edits for other pairings not featured in the promotion. Because I know how to use Photoshop layer masks and because it was fun.
    There's some best friend ones and a few I took as suggestions as well as other popular pairings (canon, no longer canon and not canon) that exist between MPQ characters.

Gallery link here!

And my favourite pairing out of them is probably Peggy and Steve, so they're the example.
    li6vUsal.png
    Very nice!

Hey D3Go!, can't you throw some bonus CP at him for creating this? icon_mrgreen.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I committed fanart and made some edits for other pairings not featured in the promotion. Because I know how to use Photoshop layer masks and because it was fun.
    There's some best friend ones and a few I took as suggestions as well as other popular pairings (canon, no longer canon and not canon) that exist between MPQ characters.

Gallery link here!

And my favourite pairing out of them is probably Peggy and Steve, so they're the example.
    li6vUsal.png

Haha! Awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/VfnuLWy.png
    I like that you took the time to actually do binary to ascii conversion. You have:
    01101001 00100000 00110100 00100000 01110101
    Which converts to:
    i 4 u
    Though, IMO a better one would be:
    01101001 00100000 00111100 00110011 00100000 01110101
    Which converts to:
    i <3 u
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor

Gallery link here!

li6vUsal.png

Could you create one for Marvel Agents of Shield, "Quack" (Quake & Black Widow)? icon_razz.gif
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor

Gallery link here!

li6vUsal.png

I did not expect to laugh out loud at that, but then Spideypool happened.

And then Cyclops/Jean/Wolvie happened.

Well played.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne wrote:

Gallery link here!

li6vUsal.png

I did not expect to laugh out loud at that, but then Spideypool happened.

And then Cyclops/Jean/Wolvie happened.

Well played.

I didn't even notice Wolvie in the back. Well done.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor

Gallery link here!

li6vUsal.png

As far as this one goes:
    btiqZwp.png

There's a certain comic panel out there that says why this works more as a Valentine's Day card than a Father's Day one.
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker

Gallery link here!

li6vUsal.png

Brilliant work! Loved it!
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    mexus wrote:
    So, any clue on how well we're doing?

They posted an update yesterday that we are almost to teir 5. No chance well do any better than that....

See here for their updates at bottom of post:
    http://bit.ly/FavoriteMarvelCouple
  • broll
    I still find it very frustrating how murky and unclear the rules on this have been, even on the last day. Oh well, I guess it's something for nothing.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    mikelnoe wrote:
    mexus wrote:

They posted an update yesterday that we are almost to teir 5. No chance well do any better than that....

Sorry, I missed that post even though I thought I was looking for it.
    Cool, tier 5 ain't half-bad.
    I will say this it is awesome that we get free stuff, but the fact that we are so far away from the top tier just shows how off they are on what is achievable from these contests. The top tier should be achievable and being over 100k short means it is not even close to achievable
  • broll
    wymtime wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    mikelnoe wrote:
    mexus wrote:

I will say this it is awesome that we get free stuff, but the fact that we are so far away from the top tier just shows how off they are on what is achievable from these contests. The top tier should be achievable and being over 100k short means it is not even close to achievable

I think a bunch of people did it incorrectly and aren't being counted. Having clear rules are important for these.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    190,000 incorrect posts, lol.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    mexus wrote:

I think a bunch of people did it incorrectly and aren't being counted. Having clear rules are important for these.[/quote]
    Possibly, but even if they take likes into consideration it would take a lot to hit 200k
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We're almost at the Tier 5 reward, so keep it up! icon_e_biggrin.gif

none.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.png
    redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
    redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
    redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
    none.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.png
    none.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.png
    none.pngnone.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.png
    none.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.png
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Happy Valentine's Day everyone! We're almost at the Tier 5 reward, so keep it up! icon_e_biggrin.gif

none.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.png
    redtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.png
    none.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.png
    none.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.png
    none.pngnone.pngnone.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.png
    none.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.pngredtile.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.pngnone.png

That's it? I'm surprised since we reach tier 4 on the first day. I was hoping to at least get a Miles and Gwen cover icon_e_sad.gif

Any chance they will run a similar Share-Event again?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they'll rerun the free media advertisement blitz with a much more real expectation of user involvement and participation.

It was brought up to me that there are only 12,000 MPQ followers on twitter. Facebook has 96,000 likes. That being said... Every single person who liked/follows MPQ would have to share almost twice.

The likelihood of even sharing once is low as how many people actively still play that still have that like clicked?

So even making it to tier 5, which is 10,000 shares/retweets, is still about a 10th of the base.

If you consider that 40% of eligible voters didn't even vote in the general election (which one could say is much more important than a match-3 game will ever be), then anticipating 200% involvement is quite an assumption.
  • Storm of fire
    Storm of fire Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    DeNappa wrote:
    Very nice!

Hey D3Go!, can't you throw some bonus CP at him for creating this? icon_mrgreen.gif
    Demiurge have seen these and expressed their appreciation, so I'm fine as far as recognition goes. But if D3Go! want to count them as an extra tier's worth of shares or something, I won't complain.
    broll wrote:
    Haha! Awesome!

http://i.imgur.com/VfnuLWy.png
    I like that you took the time to actually do binary to ascii conversion. You have:
    01101001 00100000 00110100 00100000 01110101
    Which converts to:
    i 4 u
    Though, IMO a better one would be:
    01101001 00100000 00111100 00110011 00100000 01110101
    Which converts to:
    i <3 u
    Thank you for the feedback! I like doing little details like that and Google is so helpful. I was concerned about the length of the message though, since I had to squish the text quite a bit. I suppose I don't really need the spaces...
    TazFTW wrote:
    Could you create one for Marvel Agents of Shield, "Quack" (Quake & Black Widow)? icon_razz.gif

icon_razz.gif I hate the name smush they made up. Following fandom nomenclature it'd be WidowQuake or DaisyNat or maybe even Quidow if people were really gunning for a name smush. But hey, here you go, have fun with it.
    dFWKXBTl.png

As far as this one goes:
    btiqZwp.png

There's a certain comic panel out there that says why this works more as a Valentine's Day card than a Father's Day one.
    Oh, I'm well aware that there's a panel that's... suggestive for the two. I decided to do a Storm & Magneto one as a sort of complimentary/companion one because of a panel/bubble that also has rather unfortunate phrasing.

And I could do these forever, because I like bringing up couples that happened that one time or are popular in certain parts of fandom, but it's Valentine's day now so I'll stop. Or at least until next year. (Other people can continue if they REALLY want.)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    li6vUsal.png

This is incredible and I would have shared ALL of the tinykitties out of this.