We Heart You! – Share Your Favorite Marvel Puzzle Quest Duo

Comments

• Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    Wow, Fire Emblem Heroes had the same successful promotion at a more realistic 10k followers for 10k feathers, and that game definitely has more players and is mre popular than MPQ. D3 needs to set more realistic targets, that Phoenix cover is pretty much impossible.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    And I just now realized that giving everyone that logs in in the next few days, regardless of what level they are, a Phoenix cover would actually be a bad idea, seeing as it would screw up scaling for everyone that isn't at at least the champing 3 stars level already.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ram51 wrote:
    Wow, Fire Emblem Heroes had the same successful promotion at a more realistic 10k followers for 10k feathers, and that game definitely has more players and is mre popular than MPQ. D3 needs to set more realistic targets, that Phoenix cover is pretty much impossible.

Which is exactly why they set it so high.
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    This is making me realize how badly Hulkling and Wiccan need to be in this game. They're not X-men. There's no reason they can't be!
  • liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    Or Cloak and Dagger! Gambit and Rogue! JESSICA JONES AND LUKE CAGE! There are so many missing options!
  • hodayathink
    Or Cloak and Dagger! Gambit and Rogue! JESSICA JONES AND LUKE CAGE! There are so many missing options!

Cloak and Dagger are getting their own TV show, so that's the most likely time for them to show up. But I still don't understand how Jessica Jones isn't in this game yet. Maybe when Defenders premieres, since she's the only character on that show not in the game (though they might choose to do a 4* Iron Fist or Daredevil instead).
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I think it's confusing because on the images on facebook, some have multiple images (like storm panther) and each one has been shared a different amount. So I think the final tally is going to be really messy.
  • hodayathink
    stewbacca wrote:
    I think it's confusing because on the images on facebook, some have multiple images (like storm panther) and each one has been shared a different amount. So I think the final tally is going to be really messy.

I think the only real question is whether they're going to count valid uses of the hashtag that aren't shares of the original posts. Given that the shares of the three official posts on Twitter and Facebook barely add up to 4K right now, it looks like, and they said they had passed it Friday morning already, I think they are.
  • TheZeusBear
    TheZeusBear Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    For users that don't't use Facebook or Twitter and can't share/retweet, does that mean rewards aren't given to those not participating?
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    This might be crazy talk, but any chance of a running count?

Something like this:

e5a9c22e350952dc466d8ce520568cd7.jpg
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Really!!! More options? It will be hard enough to get enough votes for 3 pairs. More would not be helpful....
  • Or Cloak and Dagger! Gambit and Rogue! JESSICA JONES AND LUKE CAGE! There are so many missing options!
    Cloak and Dagger aren't a romantic couple, they just have complementary powers!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Koffitok wrote:
    Cloak and Dagger aren't a romantic couple, they just have complementary powers!

C & D have most definitely been a romantic couple, before........
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    For users that don't't use Facebook or Twitter and can't share/retweet, does that mean rewards aren't given to those not participating?

That's what I thought first, but the post states:
    Please note, each reward tier that we pass and unlock, we will give everyone that has logged into the game between now and February 14, 2017 the reward. Please note, rewards may not be distributed until February 21.

So that would mean that everyone gets the rewards, regardless if you've retweeted/shared or not, as long as you've played the game anytime before 14th of Feb. Feel free to correct me if this is not the case.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 wrote:

That's what I thought first, but the post states:
    Please note, each reward tier that we pass and unlock, we will give everyone that has logged into the game between now and February 14, 2017 the reward. Please note, rewards may not be distributed until February 21.

So that would mean that everyone gets the rewards, regardless if you've retweeted/shared or not, as long as you've played the game anytime before 14th of Feb. Feel free to correct me if this is not the case.

Colour me suspicious / cynical / bitten by the broken 5* Hulk goalpost moving, but I'm regularly checking the OP for stealth changes.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler

Those people still get the rewards even though they are absolutely useless in helping us achieve the goal.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure why anyone would think a free Phoenix cover for everyone is such a terrible idea. Worst case it's an extra 2k iso for those that don't want it. The Cyclops cover at the same tier might be very welcome for more.

Not that reaching tier 9 is even a reasonable expectation.

There are 2 different issues here.

Or is a 5* on a very low level roster bad because we're assuming so many of those players just wouldn't know better to sell it. It would probably do really well in the prologue.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get an update from D3 about where we are in the contest?
  • Storm of fire
    Storm of fire Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I committed fanart and made some edits for other pairings not featured in the promotion. Because I know how to use Photoshop layer masks and because it was fun.
    There's some best friend ones and a few I took as suggestions as well as other popular pairings (canon, no longer canon and not canon) that exist between MPQ characters.

Gallery link here!

And my favourite pairing out of them is probably Peggy and Steve, so they're the example.
    li6vUsal.png
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get an update from D3 about where we are in the contest?

Obviously not good since they haven't updated it. Shouldn't be a surprise, remember the "bonus" reward for that marvel website a few months back.