We Heart You! – Share Your Favorite Marvel Puzzle Quest Duo

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    GRAHG GRA ARGH GRA BETTER BE THE COLOR OF COVER I NEED OR LITERAL SLAP IN THE NUTS KICK IN THE FACE ARGH ARH GRHRHA HARGH
    Shuddup Mr. Champed Phoenix icon_razz.gif
  • vcorsac
    vcorsac Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    stowaway wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Uh-oh, somebody get the saké away from El Satanno! icon_e_wink.gif

Out of curiosity (since I am not a comic reader, just a fan of the franchise), has there ever been a gay/bi pairing in Marvel history from the selection of heroes/villains currently available in the game?

Not from the mainline Earth, but I think some of the characters in the game have been gay/bi on alternate Earths.

There are a few characters in the game who are gay/bi in the mainstream Marvel universe, but none that I can figure who actually have a love interest who's also in the game. Iceman was retconned as gay fairly recently, but I don't think he's ever even had a boyfriend. Mystique is fluid in preference as well as physical form -- from as early as the 80s her relationship with Destiny was at least implied. Daken has been bi from his earliest appearances, and there are some slashy scenes out there where he's trying to use his pheromone powers on various teammates (including Ares and Bullseye).

The Comics Code had a lockdown on that sort of thing for most of Marvel's history.

Iceman (the time displaced one, same one in the game) currently has an inhuman boyfriend named Romeo which is pretty on the nose given the state of mutant/inhuman affairs.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Current couples in the MCU and in game as well:
    - Lady Thor and Flaptain
    - Medusa and Black Bolt
    - Black Widow and Winter Soldier
    - Carol Danvers and James Rhodey

and yes, Miles and Gwen are currently dating. Sam Alexander (Nova) and Kamala Khan have a crush on each other but are too bashful to act on it, because you know, teens.

I doubt what I am going to say can be really considered a spolier, but ...
    Mmmm I doubt these two Carol Danvers and James Rhodey are currently a couple... You know, since that thing that happened in the beginning of CW2 icon_razz.gif
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Numbers seem low unfortunately. Thought this was a fairly achievable task.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great to see a discussion of LGBT characters! I would like to nominate a same sex couple as the best couple, but I'd rather it be a real couple within the game universe and not just some fan-fic I'm 'shipping.

I loved that they added a gay character onto Marvel's Agents of SHIELD!
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Pics_Art_02_10_08_27_28.jpg
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    I doubt what I am going to say can be really considered a spolier, but ...
    Mmmm I doubt these two Carol Danvers and James Rhodey are currently a couple... You know, since that thing that happened in the beginning of CW2 icon_razz.gif

I get ya, was trying to avoid spoilers but when the couples shown were WOEFULLY out of date, that one is only months out of date so I say close enough.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    I figured this was silly when I first saw it and didnt even look, but I read it and its actually pretty neat to all get some sort of award. Hopefully others will have curiosity get them too and throw in a hashtag. That's what I did.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's still a lot of things I find confusing about this:
    1. So is any post with the one of the pictures and the hashtag counted or only retweets of the official posts?
    2. Is there any limit per user and/or fb or twitter account?
    3. Is there an official place to check the official number and/or will there be regular posts displaying what the current number is?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    On Facebook, there are a few people who have literally shared the pics and the hashtag HUNDREDS of times.

I'm sorry, but I seriously, seriously, seriously doubt all of those are going to count. lol.

Is there any kind of confirmation, otherwise?
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just for clarity from the people running this little "competition," how do you plan on counting retweets of a retweet? I recently searched twitter via the hashtag #FavoriteMarvelCouple and have already seen other people sharing and retweeting other peoples retweets.

Will it just be a straight-up hard count of how many tweets contain the proper hashtag?

Thanks for the clarification!
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    JackTenrec wrote:
    No Medusa and Black Bolt? No Invisible Woman/Mr. Fantastic? No Rocket and Groot?
    No Deadpool and Spider-Man?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who's Yelena dating these days?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu wrote:
    Who's Yelena dating these days?
    I don't know, but you should just ask her out man! I heard her mention to Daken that she thought you were kinda cute.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    We just shared this update via the FAQ - https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-2-9-2017&f=we-heart-you-%E2%80%93-share-your-favorite-marvel-puzzle-quest-duo-feb-9-%E2%80%93-14-2017&l=en

UPDATE FEB 10 at 10:00 AM PST - After 1 day, we have passed Tier 4 meaning all players will be receiving 6,500 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points for their participation. Still plenty of time left to complete all 9 Tiers.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    LakeStone wrote:
    We just shared this update via the FAQ - https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-2-9-2017&f=we-heart-you-%E2%80%93-share-your-favorite-marvel-puzzle-quest-duo-feb-9-%E2%80%93-14-2017&l=en

UPDATE FEB 10 at 10:00 AM PST - After 1 day, we have passed Tier 4 meaning all players will be receiving 6,500 Iso-8 and 100 Hero Points for their participation. Still plenty of time left to complete all 9 Tiers.

Oh, cool! The prizes are cumulative! Thanks!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:

Can this be a monthly thing? Next month it can be for St. Patricks Day. We share all the big comic book drinkers and get their covers (e.g. OML) icon_e_wink.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    LakeStone wrote:

Can this be a monthly thing? Next month it can be for St. Patricks Day. We share all the big comic book drinkers and get their covers (e.g. OML) icon_e_wink.gif

Then in April who's the biggest fool!
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    This weekend we each need to search the #FavoriteMarvelCouple hashtag amd then retweet everything that's in there. Let's get this over 200,000!
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 89 Match Maker
    LakeStone wrote:

Unfortunately, we're still need about 50 times as much activity to get the rewards I really want icon_e_sad.gif