Which Legendary (4-star) card would you like to see next?

So the game launched with only one 4-star card so far, Wolvie.

Presumably he was picked because of his huge popularity in the Marvel universe, as well as his visibility outside of comic book stores in other movies & video games & such (thank you Hugh Jass--err, Jackman icon_razz.gif ). And he's relevant to the Dark Reign storyline with Daken, etc. etc.

Which character do you think should be the next 4-star?

My vote would be for Cap, either the "Reborn" version, which I guess revives the Steve Rogers version of Cap, or reformed Winter Soldier Bucky.

(I prefer Steve Rogers in this case for several reasons: One, the next obvious version of Cap to add to the game would be a classic version, which is Rogers, and two, in the new Captain America 2 movie, Bucky is presumably the Winter Soldier, so I think D3P has an opportunity to add Winter Soldier/Bucky as a separate card instead.)

My overall reasoning for suggesting Cap as the next 4-star card:
- As I've mentioned in other threads, the debut version of Cap was...not successful, IMO. It's been said that he is, at least, a decent PVE character. Let's leave it at that.
- Captain America 2 movie. Nuff said.
- Cap is very relevant to the Dark Reign storyline that the game is based on.
- Cap has also become a very high-profile character both in and out of comic books, thanks to the first Cap movie as well as the Avengers movie.

Comments

• iron patriot or green goblin
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It must be Dormammu.
  • Unstoppable colossus, apocalypse twin
  • Some kind of storm will make sense considering how much people hate classic storm. Will be good for people to get another storm to hate on.
  • Thanos - with some good ability and good stats
  • Dormammu wrote:
    It must be Dormammu.

that's game killer ^^

World War Hulk
    Namor
    Morgana Le Fay
    Molecule Man ^^ [not popular but ridiculously efficient ability]
    Sentry [for God's sake, he's more powerful than Superman and seems immortal too, only a little nuts here and there]
  • Dormammu wrote:
    It must be Dormammu.

that's game killer ^^

World War Hulk
    Namor
    Morgana Le Fay
    Molecule Man ^^ [not popular but ridiculously efficient ability]
    Sentry [for God's sake, he's more powerful than Superman and seems immortal too, only a little nuts here and there]

Sentry is not the one that is powerful but his internal self void drive him nuts! And turn into a God killer ! Kill Loki and Ares (sure deserve to be mark to be the number 1 spot to be made 4 stars)
  • i want a villian 4* card, these are a few which i could think of:-
    Thanos
    juggernaut
    dr. doom
    onslaught
    galactus

icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This game needs a Hulk. The other Avengers (from the movie...which appeals to the widest audience) are playable.
  • Sentinel icon_e_smile.gif Any version
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    please don't be another Hawkeye icon_e_biggrin.gif (I count Bullseye as one Hawkeye)

Hulk sounds like he deserves 3 or 4 stars, haha
    same for Galactus and Onslaught (or even more for those two!)
  • I really want to see a 4 star professor x
  • Sentry 4*
    Iron Patriot 3*
    Odin 4*
    Morgan Le Fay 2*

and of course:
    HULK 3*
    Sentinel icon_e_smile.gif Any version

Except the version of them from the upcoming Xmen movie. They don't look nearly as tall as I remember them supposed to be. Maybe the master sentinel as a 3*.
  • We should probably just expect Black Window at this rate XD
  • 3*Punisher
    4*Hulk
    4*Prof-X
    4*Apocalypse
    3*Psylocke (maybe a black/purple/blue toon that stomps? lol)
    4*Doom (he really is more BA than his 2* heh heh)
    4*Thanos (I agree with alot of the others here)
    3*Daredevil
    3*Ghost Rider
    3*Deadpool (would be SO awesome)
    anyways just off the top of my head icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dth687 wrote:
    3*Punisher
    4*Hulk
    4*Prof-X
    4*Apocalypse
    3*Psylocke (maybe a black/purple/blue toon that stomps? lol)
    4*Doom (he really is more BA than his 2* heh heh)
    4*Thanos (I agree with alot of the others here)
    3*Daredevil
    3*Ghost Rider
    3*Deadpool (would be SO awesome)
    anyways just off the top of my head icon_e_wink.gif

yeah, forgot to mention Deadpool. hopefully to combo him with spidey, and became the clown duo of marvel unierse icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Ranzera wrote:
    We should probably just expect Black Window at this rate XD

...Right? Seriously.

For heroes, I'm still holding out for a non-worthle---err, new and improved Cap.

Sadly for villains, Dugan's suggestion for Iron Patriot makes the most sense since they already have the art assets and can just palette swap Iron Man, but having yet another Iron Man will be boring as all get-out. icon_e_confused.gif

Iron Patriot, is, of course, the alter ego of Norman Osborne, and the "Dark Avengers" version of Iron Man in the Dark Reign story. So it makes sense, but it would be boring as hell, IMO. I would take even a Green Goblin over that.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forget Cap, he's weak. The Hulk doesn't need more than 3 stars. The next 4-star needs to be a villain! Here are some good choices, in no particular order:

Kingpin: His vast criminal empire and personal bad-assery is easily justifiable to earn him 4 stars.

Dr. Doom: Give him another cover. Wolverine is Marvel's biggest (most popular) hero and Doom is Marvel's top bad guy; the synergy works.

Dark Phoenix: The central character to one of the Marvel's most iconic stories; one that continues to fuel more X-Men stories to this day.

Ultron: He's (arguably) the Avengers top baddy and soon-to-be a movie star.

Some form of Osborne: An obvious choice given the Dark Reign storyline.

Juggernaut: HIs 1-star cover doesn't do him enough credit. Classic Juggernaut has a forcefield that makes him invulnerable for crying out loud, and his strength is on par with the Hulk. Plus, the fanboys love them some Juggernaut.

Villains that SHOULDN'T be made, at any star-level:

Galactus: He's too big for this game. When Lee and Kirby created him, they posed the question: what if the FF were to fight God?

Thanos: He's too cosmic for this game, also. Thanos killed half of every living being in the universe, once. What the heck is Bag Man going to do against that?
  • Dormammu wrote:
    What the heck is Bag Man going to do against that?

Die. He's very good at that.
  • Bump. For reasons. icon_e_wink.gif