Hollowpoint kiss APR 07 - APR 09

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been looking for a reason to level up my GSBW, but gave up on the idea when Black Panther got introduced.
    Now I'm scrounging together what ISO I can but probably won't get her into competitive range, even though she's at 5 green.
    I'm still missing _four_ pink covers, but I should finally get another one from the Lazy Cap tourney.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    I just hope the rewards for this aren't anything new or good. Even with the green from this captain America tourney I will only have 4 in green icon_e_sad.gif She is around level 60 from forever ago though.. So maybe I should get to tanking now! icon_e_wink.gif

I would -hope- for Human Torch covers, but I suspect that the real prize will be a character set to be buffed in the next round of PVE.

• Does anyone know what a hollowpoint kiss is?

Sorry, a little late to the party. Hollowpoint bullets are designed to "squash" on impact - the conical shape basically mushrooms open and makes a bloody mess. Literally. Very little penetration power, as the impact is spread out over a larger area, but very nasty against soft targets. Like people. Criminals - the smart ones - would take their standard bullet, and drill out the center, to get that extra damage. Now you can just buy 'em. A bullet-proof vest will stop one no problem, so.... headshot.

Sadly, this is real. not just videogame parlance.

"Hollowpoint kiss" is an extremely violent version of a "knuckle sandwich"
  • coolbond wrote:
    i only have a 2/2/1 gsbw if i get top 10 in first a tourney so i dont have much faith in going pretty far

I want to apologize for hitting you in TBTI over and over. I kept seeing the same 5 or 6 teams for a little bit yesterday and was tired of skipping to see another repeat. I think you got me back a few times at least.
    i had pretty much no one else above my points that i could attack so i understand the feeling
  • Exciting! A new tourney type featuring GSBW for the first time ever (I think?). I am definitely looking forward to this one - I haven't played with my GSBW in weeks!

Note that we did have Widow tournament before: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1724
  • I would have preferred a rerun of Widowmaker. My GSBW sucks, and I won't even be able to use OBW in this event if it's GSBW-only.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    I would have preferred a rerun of Widowmaker. My GSBW sucks, and I won't even be able to use OBW in this event if it's GSBW-only.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was kinda the reason for this whole tourney. Lately there were a lot of threads about how OBW is so OP she ruins PvP, well here is a tournament without her, see if that changes anything! (It won't).
  • With whom do You plan to run her with in the tourney?

For me it's still dependant on the her powered-up %, but probably it's gonna be Punisher and Hood. All colours covered except blue, but it's still a strong colour (both BW and Hood), so not much of a drawback really.

I assume 95% of people won't have her in a viable state - either low level or lack of covers, or probably both. Mine is lvl40 with 422.
  • I am glad that I won't see OBW that is going to hamper a lot of people. My GSBW is lvl 113 but will probably get her over the 120 mark before tournament starts. I should get her final red cover from first avenger and I'll be set to do well on this one
  • Mine is 5/2/4, so she hopefully will be complete at the start of the tournament. Plan to pair her with Hood and Punisher probably. I am torn whether or not I should level her; I have her at 40, but have the Iso to bring her to max level. Maybe I will settle on a compromise and just bring her to 60 something... For the people who leveled her up long ago, do you still you use her? I know she is squishy and bad on defense, but heard she can do well on offense. But she seems kind of underpowered compared to black panther. icon_neutral.gif
  • gahudahu wrote:
    Mine is 5/2/4, so she hopefully will be complete at the start of the tournament. Plan to pair her with Hood and Punisher probably. I am torn whether or not I should level her; I have her at 40, but have the Iso to bring her to max level. Maybe I will settle on a compromise and just bring her to 60 something... For the people who leveled her up long ago, do you still you use her? I know she is squishy and bad on defense, but heard she can do well on offense. But she seems kind of underpowered compared to black panther. icon_neutral.gif

That's because GSBW is one of the older 3*s and BP is one of the newer 3*s. There has been a power creep, which is evident when you see the strength of the newer Heroes starting to exceed the strength of the older ones. It's a natural progression in games, to ensure that you constantly buy and upgrade the new Heroes instead of sticking with your old ones, and thankfully the power creep is not by a huge margin... but it's still there.

That being said if she's buffed to 150%... Sniper Rifle should be able to do 4.8K damage to all the targets for 19AP. Pretty worth it IMO. Especially if you consider that green isn't a particularly hard colour to get with so many abilities facilitating generation or stealing of it.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Y'know...if everyone starts upping their Shield Simulator pts, we could squeeze out some more GSBW covers for us all... icon_razz.gif
  • Unfortunately on offense I can't use the Hood and Fathor because then the Hood tanks yellow which just gets annoying.

Might go old school with Fathor and Rags just for the fun of it. Then make the switch on defense.
  • I have my GSBW at 117 been waiting for a reason to use her. She can be hard to fight with cause it takes alot of eash color to use her special abilities.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Ghast wrote:
    So this could just be an extended GSBW LR. Fast ISO for everyone with the right covers.

I just do not see the point of her now that BP is around with all of that nice health of his.

I still much prefer her ability to generate greens while matching purple, since it shuts down the obligatory OBW

Plus I need more BP black :p
  • Who wants to bet this one also has an alliance bracket, last 6 or 7 did :p

Seems like a guaranteed thing now..

Also hoping the reward covers are something I do not need for a casual tourney.
  • Ooh, neat. I get three more Psylocke covers.

I need to resist the urge to buy a final 13th BP cover. The instant I do, bam. He shows up as a reward.

If you hear bamph, though, it means Nightcrawler is around. That might be neat.
  • That was nice of them to give us the covers in the previous pvp necessary for this pvp. I hope I don't run into too many maxed widows.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chimaera wrote:
    Who wants to bet this one also has an alliance bracket, last 6 or 7 did :p

You are correct, it's another alliance PvP. I wonder if we'll ever have non-alliance events again (besides lightning rounds).
  • Ok walkyourpath, I am going to wait for you to tell me that your in a bracket, then I will join after it's full. Sound good? I have had enough of this hah. icon_e_smile.gif

My GSBW is trash tier and I don't want a hard bracket.