Hollowpoint kiss APR 07 - APR 09

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I am still waiting as well. I stayed shielded in first all morning. I am curious to see if the person in 2nd was successful in their push to unseat me or not.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We lost a member of our alliance 3 minutes before the end. Dont know why. 1000 pts less. droped from 90 to 150. icon_eek.gif

icon_e_sad.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    As an aside, I don't understand why people are fielding Patch in this tourney. Most everyone seems to be fighting in the desert, which means his green will be consistently sub-par on defense. And yet, every match up seems to be BWGS, Spidey, and Patch. Now Punisher I especially fear in this tourney given how quickly my own has been accruing green. I'll fire it off once, maybe twice, and can still quickly ramp to a sniper rifle if needed with just one Oasis followed by deceptive tactics. He's just so efficient on that map for wiping someone out.
    For me, speed (as was already mentioned) and I have Patch at 141 while my other 3 star candidates to do green damage are much lower. (Ragnarok is currently capped at 89 until hopefully Hotshot ends, Punisher and Hulk are cover-complete but only high-70s)
  • Huh. This is strange. I feel...empty

I Top 5-ed my bracket. I even placed 2nd. Why do I feel like this?

Then my rewards arrive, and it hits me.

The last time I placed in the Top 5, I was rewarded with 3 Psylocke covers. Now, I get 2 Psyke covers.

Devs, please bracket the Alliance rewards.

Please... icon_e_sad.gif
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    As an aside, I don't understand why people are fielding Patch in this tourney. Most everyone seems to be fighting in the desert, which means his green will be consistently sub-par on defense. And yet, every match up seems to be BWGS, Spidey, and Patch. Now Punisher I especially fear in this tourney given how quickly my own has been accruing green. I'll fire it off once, maybe twice, and can still quickly ramp to a sniper rifle if needed with just one Oasis followed by deceptive tactics. He's just so efficient on that map for wiping someone out.
    For me, speed (as was already mentioned) and I have Patch at 141 while my other 3 star candidates to do green damage are much lower. (Ragnarok is currently capped at 89 until hopefully Hotshot ends, Punisher and Hulk are cover-complete but only high-70s)
    My Patch is capped in his 70's right now, so I've never felt him at full strength. I hear over and over that he's a beast on offense, and was abusing the same desert tiles I was. However, I still feel like seeing Patch on defense is one of the reasons I did as well as I did this time around (the other 2 being I have a 100+ BWGS while most other people have flashier 3*'s leveled, and also seeing a ton of Spideys on defense). With Patch vs. BW, there were always only a handful of spread out purple tiles b/c I matched the easy ones, and with Oasis I would clear your strike tiles in a couple of turns usually. So at most, I took 1 or 2 hits from them while getting to keep my purples around (along with 3+ of Punisher's 100 strength tiles). So I can see his appeal on offense, but as a defensive entity on desert, he was a non-factor (generally didn't even have the yellow to regen, or just simply didn't live long enough).

And it seems like myself and half my alliance are all waiting on our individual awards as well.
    Edit: Mine just came in. Yay for a top 5 finish!
  • Kavel
    Kavel Posts: 85
    Options
    This was just such a fun slaughterfest. Basically match damage gathering a few purples would get most enemy team members to around 5k, then just one-shot them all with sniper rifle. I've been relying heavily on GSBW lately and it was really fun seeing her boosted!
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just checked and mine came in as well. Dropped out of top 5, but stayed in top 10 and got the 2 Psylocke covers which is what I was after. Hooray!
  • Finally got my rewards. Phew. I was having a bad feeling about not getting it within the hour. I was thinking of the worst. icon_lol.gif IHatePVP is right though.
    IHatePVP wrote:
    Huh. This is strange. I feel...empty

I Top 5-ed my bracket. I even placed 2nd. Why do I feel like this?

I got the same feeling too. It's not just with the rewards but also with how much has changed since the game launched. Things changing fast and they're headed towards a direction I'm not happy with. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Placed top 5 but didn't need the red, and I think our alliance fell just shy of the top 100 ...
  • locked wrote:
    While I am worried over my own placement in top 10 (only need the red, alas), I have a very interesting sight to watch obesrving S.H.I.E.L.D's Bee trying to take 1st in our admittedly tough bracket. I presume he has no need for the 1100 pts reward, GSBW green. He made the #1 unshield icon_e_smile.gif
    hvnIwyEl.png

Lol locked I be honest I wanted to see how far that guy would push for first I got to 1100 then got to 1142 then got hit before I shielded. I usually don't aim for first because I won't level up 4* guys before my 3s but wanted to make sure the alliance maintained top those deadly venoms were pushing hard that last hour
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemesis wrote:
    PLease I need help.............

So there is this guy named kaosvagabunbus (in game) with this roster:
    IM35 21 3/3/1
    mnThor 8 1/0/1
    cStorm 7 1/0/1
    Ares 6 1/0/0
    Moonstone 6 0/1/0 and
    Bagman 6 0/1/0

with 835pts in pvp, who keep beating my 85lvl aWolv, 65lvl Spiderman and 60lvl(buffed) BW with his Thor, Storm and basic Widow.
    Does it sound in anyway normal to someone?

Long time lurker first time poster. I registered just to reply to this post.

I reported this very early on in the tournament

Marvel Puzzle Quest (D3 Publisher)
    Apr 08 11:09

Hello!

Thank you very much for submitting a cheater report and helping us make the game fun and fair for all players!

We will investigate this right away and take any appropriate actions.

Best Regards,

D3Publisher Support Team

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us, visit our website at http://www.d3p.us/, or stop by our forums at www.d3pforums.com for more information.

Jim
    Apr 08 10:45

How can we help?

Hi there, I would like to report player Kaosvagabundus as a suspected cheater. As you can see from the attached screenies they have well over 700 points and no roster to back it up with.

If I am wrong then I am wrong but thank you for taking the time to look into it.

Jim

I can only assume that they are in fact a legit player if they could continue on after being reported.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nemesis wrote:
    PLease I need help.............

So there is this guy named kaosvagabunbus (in game) with this roster:
    IM35 21 3/3/1
    mnThor 8 1/0/1
    cStorm 7 1/0/1
    Ares 6 1/0/0
    Moonstone 6 0/1/0 and
    Bagman 6 0/1/0

with 835pts in pvp, who keep beating my 85lvl aWolv, 65lvl Spiderman and 60lvl(buffed) BW with his Thor, Storm and basic Widow.
    Does it sound in anyway normal to someone?

Long time lurker first time poster. I registered just to reply to this post.

I reported this very early on in the tournament

Marvel Puzzle Quest (D3 Publisher)
    Apr 08 11:09

Hello!

Thank you very much for submitting a cheater report and helping us make the game fun and fair for all players!

We will investigate this right away and take any appropriate actions.

Best Regards,

D3Publisher Support Team

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us, visit our website at http://www.d3p.us/, or stop by our forums at www.d3pforums.com for more information.

Jim
    Apr 08 10:45

How can we help?

Hi there, I would like to report player Kaosvagabundus as a suspected cheater. As you can see from the attached screenies they have well over 700 points and no roster to back it up with.

If I am wrong then I am wrong but thank you for taking the time to look into it.

Jim

I can only assume that they are in fact a legit player if they could continue on after being reported.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That bracket is ridiculous. Any one of those people would have easily clinched the bracket I was in. I was top 10 with < 700 points.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Yup, I had to spend 300 HP on shields for just one red Psy cover, but at least I already got 200 HP back in rewards. Kids don't join tough brackets!
  • I wasted a lot of my winning hp from this tournament on shields but still ended up on the plus side. Need to somehow get human torch competitive I pulled a torch with the progression reward at 300 which was good but he is still so weak
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still annoyed at my alliance for not even making top 100, the black one is the cover I needed the most.
    Riggy wrote:

I think most just like Patch because of the speed. And on desert if you're the one casting oasis and destroying his tiles they might be hoping for quick damage and a ramp up to sniper rifle (or a recast of berserker).

I like him for his speed as well but I also love seeing him as an opponent so I don't use him as much. But if I need a quick match he's a definite go to. Especially suicide runs with Hulk or complete dismantlings with cMags.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I used patch because even with my GSW boosted to like 130, I still found it more useful to use 2 of his greens than 1 sniper rifle. If you toss an oasis down, it doesn't matter if it eats a few strike tiles, because you'll have enough green to cast it again, and then with how little HP GSW has, you only needed like 2 blue matches to keep the other team stunlocked once you got the strike tiles down.

And of course, there's no such thing as defense in this game
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I'm still annoyed at my alliance for not even making top 100, the black one is the cover I needed the most.
    Riggy wrote:

I think most just like Patch because of the speed. And on desert if you're the one casting oasis and destroying his tiles they might be hoping for quick damage and a ramp up to sniper rifle (or a recast of berserker).

I like him for his speed as well but I also love seeing him as an opponent so I don't use him as much. But if I need a quick match he's a definite go to. Especially suicide runs with Hulk or complete dismantlings with cMags.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I used patch because even with my GSW boosted to like 130, I still found it more useful to use 2 of his greens than 1 sniper rifle. If you toss an oasis down, it doesn't matter if it eats a few strike tiles, because you'll have enough green to cast it again, and then with how little HP GSW has, you only needed like 2 blue matches to keep the other team stunlocked once you got the strike tiles down.

Why do people keep saying there is no such thing as defense? When they took away 3 tries to win I started earning defensive wins, roughly 1/4 to 1/3rd of my matches are wins, 1/2 on really good days. Its not a fluke when I win, its because I put in a team so basic even the AI can't jack it up... That is defense baby!!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    Riggy wrote:

Why do people keep saying there is no such thing as defense? When they took away 3 tries to win I started earning defensive wins, roughly 1/4 to 1/3rd of my matches are wins, 1/2 on really good days. Its not a fluke when I win, its because I put in a team so basic even the AI can't jack it up... That is defense baby!!

Yeah. While offense is obviously favored in this game, defense matters a lot when it comes to deterring attacks and not having to grind lost retaliation points, which amounts to saving a lot of time and hp for shields.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Well, that was fun.
    Sniped out a victory by unshielding with 3 minutes to go and doing one fight - I think this snipe is pretty appropriate for a GSBW tourney icon_e_wink.gif
    Sorry for attacking you at the finish line, Davecazz, hope you were shielded or that I at least didn't cost you some reward you were still going for!

When you overtake someone, you really should have a cushion that is bigger than one fight if there's more than 5 minutes left icon_e_wink.gif

I was shielded, thanks for the apology but even if I got smacked it would have been by fault.