Hollowpoint kiss APR 07 - APR 09

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    odd question here - by player rank status, it shows me in 7th, which is correct by score, but the rank showing in top right and on event "cover" shows 8th place?

if the tourney were to end "now" - which rank would I actually finish at?
  • Vinny J wrote:
    odd question here - by player rank status, it shows me in 7th, which is correct by score, but the rank showing in top right and on event "cover" shows 8th place?

I usually find that the one in the leaderboard is more updated.
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vinny J wrote:

The correct rank is determined by points, the number it shows may be delayed to be updated. I think.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    While I am worried over my own placement in top 10 (only need the red, alas), I have a very interesting sight to watch obesrving S.H.I.E.L.D's Bee trying to take 1st in our admittedly tough bracket. I presume he has no need for the 1100 pts reward, GSBW green. He made the #1 unshield icon_e_smile.gif
    hvnIwyEl.png
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's kinda fun to be on the other side right now. I"m shielded, was in 5th, dropped to 7th back to 6th. Guys, 7,8,9 and 10 are unshielded and they keep climbing over each other, new guys pop up, I see a guy get close to me, then drop back 30-40 pts. A good timing shield is a wonderful thing, to know that you are safe, not because you have an untouchable score, but because everyone is scrambling and slitting their own throats
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    i-am-amish wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Woke up at about 600, three retaliations put me back up to 715 and #2. Changed my mind and decided - since the event should get me 100 hp, and I get 25 hp for daily reward - I could spare the hp for a 8 hour shield. Feel free to attack me. I may break shields with less than 10 minutes to go if I get home for lunch in time and it will make a difference, but that's the only way I will.

I saw you in my bracket. I was going to try to push in front of you, but sadly I didn't wake up early enough before work and only made 3rd. I will definitely be sad panda if I don't make top 10, though I have hope because our brackey looks pretty weak.

It's a bit odd of an odd bracket - I was still in second when I left for work, but the guy in first is unshielded and dropping - he was at about 1040 when I woke up, and about 930 when I left for work. I don't know if he was just grabbing the cover at 1100 and didn't care about the tournament prizes or what. In any case, good luck, and I hope you get top ten.

Hey ben grimm,

Can you see if I'm still top 10? I sadly am at work and can't check bracket. Thanks
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I am **** myself right now. I've already spent 225 on shields (too much for me) and I'm sitting in 6th with 761 (correction now 7th). The difference between 5-10th is 25 points.

I'm to old for this ****!
  • i-am-amish wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    i-am-amish wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Woke up at about 600, three retaliations put me back up to 715 and #2. Changed my mind and decided - since the event should get me 100 hp, and I get 25 hp for daily reward - I could spare the hp for a 8 hour shield. Feel free to attack me. I may break shields with less than 10 minutes to go if I get home for lunch in time and it will make a difference, but that's the only way I will.

I saw you in my bracket. I was going to try to push in front of you, but sadly I didn't wake up early enough before work and only made 3rd. I will definitely be sad panda if I don't make top 10, though I have hope because our brackey looks pretty weak.

It's a bit odd of an odd bracket - I was still in second when I left for work, but the guy in first is unshielded and dropping - he was at about 1040 when I woke up, and about 930 when I left for work. I don't know if he was just grabbing the cover at 1100 and didn't care about the tournament prizes or what. In any case, good luck, and I hope you get top ten.

Hey ben grimm,

Can you see if I'm still top 10? I sadly am at work and can't check bracket. Thanks

Just got home - you're #6 and probably safe for top ten.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i-am-amish wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    i-am-amish wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:

Hey ben grimm,

Just got home - you're #6 and probably safe for top ten.

Thank you very much you beautiful orange rock blue-eyed man moster thing. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • locked wrote:
    While I am worried over my own placement in top 10 (only need the red, alas), I have a very interesting sight to watch obesrving S.H.I.E.L.D's Bee trying to take 1st in our admittedly tough bracket. I presume he has no need for the 1100 pts reward, GSBW green. He made the #1 unshield icon_e_smile.gif
    hvnIwyEl.png
    that is some bracket ur in...ur top 10 could easily be first in my bracket lol
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Woo hoo! Took first for the first time. Not terribly excited about IW blue but just the achievement makes me happy. Lol I came I with 818 points anyone from the aforementioned bracket could've topped me icon_eek.gif
  • Damn... last I saw, I'd gotten pushed down to 12th. I'm really hoping I was able to get myself back up into the top 10 at the last minute.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since there was nothing else to do this PvP felt more competetive than usual.

But **** this game. 3 minutes before the end I notice I've been pushed to #11. Broke shield to go try for a quick win and the game crashes at fight start...
  • Dammit.. Top 25. icon_e_sad.gif Well... at least I got 1 Psylocke cover...
  • 2nd in my bracket. 775.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    A good timing shield is a wonderful thing, to know that you are safe, not because you have an untouchable score, but because everyone is scrambling and slitting their own throats

I can testify to that. Unshield and went hard for a couple matches, was able to go from 8th back to top 5 and after 3 matches I shielded up. Less than a minute later I get hit by 3 different opponents (one in his 200's) that would have costed me 100 plus points easily. I was so happy I dodged them bullets. Ended with top 5 which I am more than happy with.

Speaking of bullets, man, 5 green buffed GSBW is a thing of beauty. Sniper Rifle critically hurting all three opponents and a board reset? So worth the 19 green. Also it was nice to not have to fight a million OBW teams.
  • My first tourney to try tanking in Shield Versus, and it worked well. Retreated my whole roster to death last night, woke up early this morning, and went from 0-800 in about 1.5 hours. As a 2* player, I normally face maxed 2*s with a smattering of 3*s...now, I was getting maxed 1*s, though after 500 points I'd get the odd bug everyone else is describing where I'd get matched with someone from S.H.I.E.L.D or something (saw Twysta and jozier). Really odd to skip 3x 141+ and get GSBW/Jugg/Mstorm. icon_e_smile.gif Apparently, they were getting matched with me as well, as I never made it to 900. Luckily, had a lazy bracket so shielded at 750 and won easily.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, that was fun.
    Sniped out a victory by unshielding with 3 minutes to go and doing one fight - I think this snipe is pretty appropriate for a GSBW tourney icon_e_wink.gif
    Sorry for attacking you at the finish line, Davecazz, hope you were shielded or that I at least didn't cost you some reward you were still going for!

When you overtake someone, you really should have a cushion that is bigger than one fight if there's more than 5 minutes left icon_e_wink.gif
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone still waiting on rewards? 30 minutes and nada for me. I've tried quitting / killing from memory / reloading several times.
  • farlus wrote:
    Anyone still waiting on rewards? 30 minutes and nada for me. I've tried quitting / killing from memory / reloading several times.

I'm still waiting on mine. I've tried reloading the application too. Nothing so far. Hope it comes soon.