Hollowpoint kiss APR 07 - APR 09

Options

Comments

• RichHurtz wrote:
    That's the main thing I keep worrying about. If my health packs weren't all gone, this wouldn't be a problem. I have a bunch of iso-8 saved up, but I want to save it to see who's getting boosted in the next big event.

Can you do prologue healing?
  • Too Easy wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:
    PLease I need help.............

So there is this guy named kaosvagabunbus (in game) with this roster:

with 835pts in pvp, who keep beating my 85lvl aWolv, 65lvl Spiderman and 60lvl(buffed) BW with his Thor, Storm and basic Widow.
    Does it sound in anyway normal to someone?
    i had the same guy beat me once when i opened the app on my phone, i didnt retaliate right away cause i was going on my computer anyways...but when i opened the game the retaliation node was gone....but i thought the same thing because he beat my GSBW (boosted 120)/ 115 punisher/ and 115 M.Thor with a lvl 8Thor/ 7cStorm/and the default GSBW.

i just thought there was no way that guy beat me team with the team he used

Ok, it's not just me then.
    I think I'll report him.
  • Nemesis wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:

If you suspect someone of being a cheater, please report it via the in-game tool, or use the following helpdesk link.

I'm aware of that, I just want, before I report someone, to make sure it is not a missjudgement, and take some opinions.
    Well, sure, it definitely sounds suspicious. I've reported people that I'm wary of, and while I never know what becomes of them, it's easy enough for D3 to analyze their logs and data and see what's going on. Worst case scenario, you take up 2 minutes of someone's time while they open up that player's stats and then everything checks out as ok.
  • gamar wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    That's the main thing I keep worrying about. If my health packs weren't all gone, this wouldn't be a problem. I have a bunch of iso-8 saved up, but I want to save it to see who's getting boosted in the next big event.

I had thought about Daken on the desert maps, which makes it even more tempting. Is there any way to know which map you'll be on prior to going into the fight?

Look at the background before the fight screen. And the maps don't change - in this tournament, bottom right is always desert

but your defense team could show up on any node, so you might not be in desert on defense

.....I seriously never noticed that before... Thank you.

EDIT: Yep, it is completely impossible for me to get to the top 10. at the end of everyone or two matches, I get told I was attacked once or twice and lost about 30 points... great.
  • Nemesis wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:

If you suspect someone of being a cheater, please report it via the in-game tool, or use the following helpdesk link.

I'm aware of that, I just want, before I report someone, to make sure it is not a missjudgement, and take some opinions.

That Kaos person was also exhibiting suspicious behaviour towards Walkyourpath and Twysta. MasterMcFly was also exhibiting suspicious behaviour towards myself, Walkyourpath, and Jachdo.

I would refrain from retaliating (unlike Jachdo) as it will only put your ranking at further risk.
  • I reported McFly. Clear cheater - no way his team of 23 Grey Widow, 27 Classic Hawkeye and 29 Juggernaut beats my 161 Widow, 110 C Mag, 102 LT in any battle, let alone multiple times, and in one minute or less.
  • Nemesis wrote:
    Riggy wrote:
    Nemesis wrote:

That Kaos person was also exhibiting suspicious behaviour towards Walkyourpath and Twysta. MasterMcFly was also exhibiting suspicious behaviour towards myself, Walkyourpath, and Jachdo.

I would refrain from retaliating (unlike Jachdo) as it will only put your ranking at further risk.

He cost me a lot of points and I'm really angry because I'm going for top10, but I think you are right, I'll stop retaliating.
  • Riggy wrote:
    So the question I will wrestle with for the next hour is, "do I risk 1 match to try and up my buffer? Or just shield again immediately?" I'm only at 557 points, so I'm not the juiciest target in the world, but there are so many piranhas in the tank that last couple hours.

If the placement is worth it to you find another high point battle and use boosts to finish quickly, +3blue/purple and +3green/black at the least.

If you're good with top 10 just shield again. Who have you been using as your third? Maybe take IM in case the board in full of yellow (but that might be a longer fight than you're comfortable with anyway). But not horrendous if you haven't been hit a lot so far.
  • Aw great, here comes MasterMcFly too!
  • Riggy wrote:
    So the question I will wrestle with for the next hour is, "do I risk 1 match to try and up my buffer? Or just shield again immediately?" I'm only at 557 points, so I'm not the juiciest target in the world, but there are so many piranhas in the tank that last couple hours.

If the placement is worth it to you find another high point battle and use boosts to finish quickly, +3blue/purple and +3green/black at the least.

If you're good with top 10 just shield again. Who have you been using as your third? Maybe take IM in case the board in full of yellow (but that might be a longer fight than you're comfortable with anyway). But not horrendous if you haven't been hit a lot so far.
    Skipped until I found a nice 30 point battle, took IM40 @125, BW @ 114, and Pun @141, did the +3 U/P, +3 B/G, and +10% damage for B/G (am out of the +10% to all, and +3 to all colors). Went against a fairly squishy team of Spidey, Patch, BW all around lvl 100. Crushed it pretty quickly and threw up another shield. Was briefly in 3rd, already down to 4th, but it seems like the bracket is stabilizing as most everyone shields. I don't care about top 5 per se, just top 10 for the 2 covers. So yeah, this has been a fun first attempt at competitive PVP.

As an aside, I don't understand why people are fielding Patch in this tourney. Most everyone seems to be fighting in the desert, which means his green will be consistently sub-par on defense. And yet, every match up seems to be BWGS, Spidey, and Patch. Now Punisher I especially fear in this tourney given how quickly my own has been accruing green. I'll fire it off once, maybe twice, and can still quickly ramp to a sniper rifle if needed with just one Oasis followed by deceptive tactics. He's just so efficient on that map for wiping someone out.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    As an aside, I don't understand why people are fielding Patch in this tourney. Most everyone seems to be fighting in the desert, which means his green will be consistently sub-par on defense. And yet, every match up seems to be BWGS, Spidey, and Patch. Now Punisher I especially fear in this tourney given how quickly my own has been accruing green. I'll fire it off once, maybe twice, and can still quickly ramp to a sniper rifle if needed with just one Oasis followed by deceptive tactics. He's just so efficient on that map for wiping someone out.
    Spidey and Patch I wouldn't use, because it takes too long, but Patch and CMags tear through the opposition like nobody's business.
  • Riggy wrote:

Patch was handed out like candy when he was first introduced, and I suspect a lot of people have him as their primary 3* - he's the only 3-skill 3* I have all the covers for, and I had him within at least 1 or 2 covers of maxed very early on. I think it's just a side effect of most people focusing on getting one or two heroes leveled up first; they become very dependent on those heroes, and don't really think about whether they're ideal for this or that event.
  • Riggy wrote:

I think most just like Patch because of the speed. And on desert if you're the one casting oasis and destroying his tiles they might be hoping for quick damage and a ramp up to sniper rifle (or a recast of berserker).

I like him for his speed as well but I also love seeing him as an opponent so I don't use him as much. But if I need a quick match he's a definite go to. Especially suicide runs with Hulk or complete dismantlings with cMags.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I am really hoping that 817 will be good enough for first. I have a decent queue if someone makes a run, but I'd prefer no one do so.

Sad part is, once this event ends GSBW goes back in the toy chest.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, she might be buffed for the Heroic Venom.
  • I am really hoping that 817 will be good enough for first. I have a decent queue if someone makes a run, but I'd prefer no one do so.

Her purple is super useful, too bad Fathor doesn't need a green battery icon_e_confused.gif
  • Made it to the mid 600s, which is currently 8 in my bracket, and got the 3 hour shield. Hopefully it can keep me in the top 10, at the very least it gives me a bit of time to heal up before getting another match or two in to hopefully keep me up there.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I am really hoping that 817 will be good enough for first. I have a decent queue if someone makes a run, but I'd prefer no one do so.

Her purple is super useful, too bad Fathor doesn't need a green battery icon_e_confused.gif

Come on...he's not THAT fat...

EAD6CC11-618D-4056-9090-662AE588BF92.jpg
  • Frubzy
    Frubzy Posts: 77
    Options
    30 mins to go ...hope my 960 holds....
  • fedlex20
    fedlex20 Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bah, im using a poor man's team, 115 rag, and 85 MNthor. trying to get as much green as i can with widow (mine is pre buff lvl 55) and rags. Barely top 50