Hollowpoint kiss APR 07 - APR 09

Options

Comments

• Ending the night in the #1 spot with around 625 or so points. I'm sure I'll take quite a few big shots while I'm asleep, so I guess I'll just hope I wake up with enough time to keep myself in the running for a Psylocke cover.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like my last minute respec of my GSBW to 5/3/5 is paying major dividends. My girl is only Level 59 before buff but once she gets enough purple and she is in the desert, I can purposely create multiple critical tiles (so shiny) and create Oasis after Oasis and give her the green she needs to snipe whole teams to death. Using this tactic I was able to take down a Level 220 GSBW/ Maxed Modern Thor/ 119 Steve Rogers team with no sweat. I almost felt guilty using this tactic... almost lol.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yuck, the lack of a concurrent PvE event to distract people and a low level GSBW is making this tournament hard for me to grind up due to constant retaliations. Shielded at 900 for the night, but now that everyone can see the alliance scores, I'm going to be near the bottom of my alliance's scores icon_cry.gif
  • No. Nope. No.

My lvl 85 storm, 58 thor dont stand a chance!

b43a7e05dba24d71f999cc0d9e2ae81f.png
  • That's what the skip button is for. At 460 points It should be easy to find other opponents.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    I keep missing all of you Shield fella's, and that's fine by me. It's a bummer to come out of a match and see that you were hit twice for -80. Oh well, shielding up for the night and hoping my score will still be good for first in the AM.

EDIT: anyone ever see someone by the name of Slobofix? Pretty impressive roster...maxed 4 stars and BP, Mags, Hood, Hulk, Punisher, and Lazy Thor. How did S.H.I.E.L.D miss this one?

I am responsible for him maxing his X-Force Wolverine. It was just level 190 when I beat his team and 230 when he retaliated.

I mean, it could also be coincidental. I don't want to be "that guy" pointing fingers. At the cheater.

Well, he's in one of those suspicious 20 member public alliances where everyone's a commander - whether they're legit or not I have no idea. I too do not want to be "that guy" calling a spade a spade.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    I keep missing all of you Shield fella's, and that's fine by me. It's a bummer to come out of a match and see that you were hit twice for -80. Oh well, shielding up for the night and hoping my score will still be good for first in the AM.

EDIT: anyone ever see someone by the name of Slobofix? Pretty impressive roster...maxed 4 stars and BP, Mags, Hood, Hulk, Punisher, and Lazy Thor. How did S.H.I.E.L.D miss this one?

I am responsible for him maxing his X-Force Wolverine. It was just level 190 when I beat his team and 230 when he retaliated.

I mean, it could also be coincidental. I don't want to be "that guy" pointing fingers. At the cheater.

Well, he's in one of those suspicious 20 member public alliances where everyone's a commander - whether they're legit or not I have no idea. I too do not want to be "that guy" calling a spade a spade.

well can ONE of you guys at least write an email to get him looked into? anybody with a maxed 4 star wolvie is 100% cheater in my book, but that's just me.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Ghast wrote:

Oh come on, that's totally reasonable... 40 levels, how much Iso it would take? 150k? More? TOTALLY reasonable

right?
  • thDfiZtl.jpg

This was SO not worth it. lol but glad to have all her covers now! icon_e_smile.gif also, shielded out of habit and noticed I prolly wouldn't have had too. icon_lol.gif

FOlUdADl.jpg

Oh well.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    What is this, a bracket for ants? My top 10 all have more than 700 pts 8 hours before the end icon_razz.gif
  • Wow, I'd love to get a bracket like that... My top ten right now is well above 600 points, with the bracket leader shielded at 800+.
  • Wicked stuff. Do you think it's possible to get to 1100 with just a 2* team? I'm primarily using C. Storm / MN Thor with GSBW. The highest I got on PvP was just around 940.
  • Wicked stuff. Do you think it's possible to get to 1100 with just a 2* team? I'm primarily using C. Storm / MN Thor with GSBW. The highest I got on PvP was just around 940.

Possible? Yeah. But you'll have to spend a lot on shields and risk A LOT everytime you deshield. A 2* team with a 900+ score is a prey too good to pass. You'd be attacked by everyone, even overbuffed 1* teams (and with that comp there's a chance you'd lose to them too)
  • Just unshielded and attacked this team... Lvl 102 GSBW / Lvl 141 Patch / Lvl 141 Punisher. Used a 38 GSBW / 85 C. Storm / 85 MN Mags. I used +3 All AP and +3 Blue/Purple AP. In my head, I was thinking... "What am I doing? Oh my god, oh my god. This guy's so gonna kill me." Most interesting fight I've ever had for weeks. To the person I just attacked, please don't bear a grudge. I'm just a lowly being with a 2* roster. icon_eek.gif
  • Just unshielded and attacked this team... Lvl 102 GSBW / Lvl 141 Patch / Lvl 141 Punisher. Used a 38 GSBW / 85 C. Storm / 85 MN Mags. I used +3 All AP and +3 Blue/Purple AP. In my head, I was thinking... "What am I doing? Oh my god, oh my god. This guy's so gonna kill me." Most interesting fight I've ever had for weeks. To the person I just attacked, please don't bear a grudge. I'm just a lowly being with a 2* roster. icon_eek.gif

How did it go? Who did you attack first?
  • Woke up at about 600, three retaliations put me back up to 715 and #2. Changed my mind and decided - since the event should get me 100 hp, and I get 25 hp for daily reward - I could spare the hp for a 8 hour shield. Feel free to attack me. I may break shields with less than 10 minutes to go if I get home for lunch in time and it will make a difference, but that's the only way I will.
  • Kappei wrote:

I won and I was the one who attacked first. I managed to get two blue matches, two green matches and one purple match which gave 3 Wind Storms. He was worth 40 points, so I dared to cross the 3* line. He hasn't retaliated yet but needless to say, I've raised my shields.
  • Kappei wrote:

I won and I was the one who attacked first. I managed to get two blue matches, two green matches and one purple match which gave 3 Wind Storms. He was worth 40 points, so I dared to cross the 3* line. He hasn't retaliated yet but needless to say, I've raised my shields.

3 wind stoms = (3*1670)+3 characters = 15030 total damage + whole enemy team stunned

wow
  • Shielded at 789 in 2nd place and immediately got 2 defensive wins that pushed me to 820. To whoever they were, thank you for the 1000 ISO bonus. icon_cool.gif
    Funny thing is, it put me only 2 points behind 1st on 822 points.
    Just checked in again and I got another defensive win... for 3 points. icon_lol.gif

So I'm currently in 1st by 1 point. I doubt it will last till the end of the tournament, but it's been entertaining.
  • Shielded at 789 in 2nd place and immediately got 2 defensive wins that pushed me to 820. To whoever they were, thank you for the 1000 ISO bonus. icon_cool.gif
    Funny thing is, it put me only 2 points behind 1st on 822 points.
    Just checked in again and I got another defensive win... for 3 points. icon_lol.gif

So I'm currently in 1st by 1 point. I doubt it will last till the end of the tournament, but it's been entertaining.

Nice, what team are you using? I'd like to get some of them defensive wins. It's probably a 3* team though, so it's hopeless for me. Also, I thought I had the chance of nabbing the first place. It seems that Il Palazzo of 5DV is in bracket. So with 857 points, I'm now at 3rd place. icon_e_sad.gif