*** Daken (Classic) ***

Comments

• Was really looking forward to getting his cover but I felt like the PvE wasn't that good for me.

Thats ok, I'll try to win him in future PvP events if he is a prize.

I wonder what would happen if i ever face Classic Daken with my 2* daken. Would that cause problems?
  • Pamizard wrote:
    I wonder what would happen if i ever face Classic Daken with my 2* daken. Would that cause problems?

No problems in PVP, in PVE you wouldn't be able to.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently I play my Daken with Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.
    They're working pretty well together.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    Twysta wrote:
    Currently I play my Daken with Santa Claus and the Easter bunny.
    They're working pretty well together.

I think this combo is pretty over-rated honestly. Present tiles and strike tiles fill the same function and Easter Bunny has too low HP to effect the game if it goes past 3-4 turns. Santa has a ton of HP but if you deny red and green he's basically powerless. Father Time, however, is completely overpowered. Once you get 5 yellow, you can easily go infinite on turns. Nerfbat incoming imo.
  • You forgot about Mother Nature though as well as Fate and Death. Mother Nature uses vine whip effectively doing double damage twice! And death just has too many passives but you can at least cheat it a few times. But nothing outruns Fate. Her semi-permanent countdown timers to doom never really disappear even if you destroy them. They just re-appear elsewhere.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Summon Elves is terrible when he can pop it off, though.

So, back to the thread: During Heroic Oscorp I was facing Daken at roughly 'proper' level, e.g. 140, and facing him he seemed, well, good. Not bad, not OP like the gold thor, but on par with what a maxed 3* should be.

It's annoying that Pheromone Rage was the alliance reward, since he won't be as useful right away (e.g. Fatal Attraction) with just the other covers. My alliance is made up of RL friends so we get **** even if we all do well, since there's only 6 of us.

Tangentially I think nerfing Daken (Dark Avengers)'s Pheromone Rage to match Classic (with weaker strike tiles) is a disapointing change, but I suppose it puts him near 69 Bullseye in power level instead of an 85 and that's reasonable.
  • You forgot about Mother Nature though as well as Fate and Death. Mother Nature uses vine whip effectively doing double damage twice! And death just has too many passives but you can at least cheat it a few times. But nothing outruns Fate. Her semi-permanent countdown timers to doom never really disappear even if you destroy them. They just re-appear elsewhere.

Hulk say: Fate worse than Death.
  • Having some fun in fatal attraction with Daken paired with xforce and hood. Seems like blue is not meant to be used as soon as you get it though. In every match so far, the time I get enough for xforce green, I usually have 20+ blue. Then, it's XF green, 4x or more chemical reaction, resulting green cascade results in even more daken strike tiles being created.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone have the text for Level 5 Chemical reaction?

See the opening post for this thread to see his stats and powers as they are currently known. Some values are guessed or extrapolated.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone have the text for Level 5 Chemical reaction?

See the opening post for this thread to see his stats and powers as they are currently known. Some values are guessed or extrapolated.

Colognoisseur just killed my team with his maxed-out 535 Daken -- I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful. Updated a few stats. I guess I need to know the text at the bottom of the Level 4 blue power.
  • Lycra, from 5DV, has a 5/4/4 Dak3n at level 140 right now--that's as close as I could find.

Text at the bottom of 4 blue says "Increases cleared Strike tile damage to 428." He should pick up the missing 7 damage going from 140 to 141.

That's up from 352 at 2/3/4 blue for level 140, so going from 4 to 5 blue increases cleared Strike tile damage by a bit less than 20%.

If max-level Dak3n with 5 purple has exactly 4 of his own Strike tiles out, Chemical Reaction should do 623 + 4 * 435 + 4 * 57 = 2591 damage at 5 blue, and 623 + 4 * 357(?) + 4 * 57 = 2279 damage at 4 blue.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Found a possible bug/error with Daken (Classic).

When killed, it takes him 50 minutes to come back to 1 Hit Point, like other non-regen Rare characters. Was that intentional or should it be halved (25 minutes in this case) like the other Daken and Wolverines?
  • Hello,

Looking forward using classic Daken with Patch (level 141 355). What's the best built for classic Daken ?

Thanks
  • I've seen plenty of 5/3/5 builds, and a few 3/5/5. So is 5/4/4 not an effective build? Trading a little more healing and converting 4 strike tiles, but just doing less damage?
  • Knock3r wrote:
    I've seen plenty of 5/3/5 builds, and a few 3/5/5. So is 5/4/4 not an effective build? Trading a little more healing and converting 4 strike tiles, but just doing less damage?

I'm currently running 5/3/5 but I think 5/4/4 is probably the 'best'.

I think I'd actually like 5/5/3 the most but I'll probably end up 'compromising' with 5/4/4.

The damage lost with 4 blue isn't too big of a deal especially if you're only use blue as a finisher. But the extra heal can potentially benefit you throughout the match and offset any heat loss.
  • i guess i'm one of the few that have him at 5/5/3, I think with this build it gives me a chance to gain a small advantage over my opponents (I normally run c.mags and make sure there are 7 blue tiles on the board)
  • Somewhere in the middle of pvp ...

LDak : "Ok, i have 15 blue AP n my strike tiles make this board kinda mess.. let me clean it up for u... (chemical rage 3x)...RrrrRRaagghhhh!!!"
    Opponent : (drop dead)
    LDak : "Pal where r u ? ..Oops.."
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Was just doing my math to compare patch regen vs daken the op has it listed for daken as max 508/218... it should be 406/174 right? Not sure if this was done before his max HP was known to be 5800 or something. Remember to always check your work.

I feel like if i had the team i would try to run pyslocke falcon daken terrible HP but would be fun =)
  • Was just doing my math to compare patch regen vs daken the op has it listed for daken as max 508/218... it should be 406/174 right? Not sure if this was done before his max HP was known to be 5800 or something. Remember to always check your work.

I feel like if i had the team i would try to run pyslocke falcon daken terrible HP but would be fun =)

I tried Psylocke thinking speed kills, but the problem is her strike tiles cap at 3 red, so it becomes useless after like 3 turns when Daken spits out inferior reds off green matches, So you're just relying on her black, at which point you may as well use a beefier character...
  • I've been running Daken/Hulk/Pys is it's really fun.

My Pys is only 115 with 3 reds. Once Daken puts out strike tiles and I use her red it usually ends up being 5 mana for 800ish damage. And god forbid someone makes my Hulk angry.

It's a really fun combination of cards.