Stupid things you think when certain things happen in game

Options
12346»

Comments

• Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    I doubt many people remember Robin Leach (Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous), but I've started to imagine Deadpool imitating his voice for his intro to Thunderbolt Mountain in DP vs. MPQ.
    I also wonder why Doomsie would think a Grootant army would be controllable, much less unstoppable.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    The Motörhead song Overnight Sensation has a line about "You're just handin' out bad reputations" that I think of every time 3* Gamora's green goes off.
    I think Pat Benatar has a better one for that
    Yeah, but I listen to a lot more Motörhead, so that's the one that comes to mind for me.
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wonko33 said:
    The Motörhead song Overnight Sensation has a line about "You're just handin' out bad reputations" that I think of every time 3* Gamora's green goes off.
    I think Pat Benatar has a better one for that
    Pat Benatar <> Joan Jett
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* Carol Executive Decision makes me think of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney every single time.
  • Tseb
    Tseb Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    If I can hit KK's Embiggened Bash twice (especially in a row) in a game, I've started to think of the song Double Shot of my Baby's Love.

Yeah, I'm weird.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whenever Dagger throws her light-dagger things (either off yellow or purple) I imagine the sound of those little paper bangs you give children too young to hold a sparkler on the 4th of July. Pop poppop snap Pop!  Wheee!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    When Medusa's purple totally turns around a match I was about to lose: "And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for your meddling hair!"
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whenever a lone goon with barely enough health to stand on his own feet while his two companions are on the floor unconscious next to him. Then Gamora decides to unleash her Skull Cracker which involves said goon having his face rammed into an already downed enemy.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I recently played with the sound on for the first time in recent memory.  I was genuinely surprised by the sound effects when 1* Spider-Man used his red swinging attack.  My mind was so used to inserting the rope-swing sound from the old Intellivision/Atari/etc Pitfall game that I just assumed that was the actual MPQ sound effect...   
    Tseb said:
    I doubt many people remember Robin Leach (Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous), but I've started to imagine Deadpool imitating his voice for his intro to Thunderbolt Mountain in DP vs. MPQ.

I think you badly underestimate the average age on these forums :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Specifically in Walk in the Park, Sentry's yellow makes me think less "sacrifice", and more "food poisoning".
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Whenever Daken does anything in the Thunderbolt Mountain node: {soccer mom voice} "Just wait a minute, Daken, sweetie. The adults are talking right now."
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

I can't help but wonder how the discussion Went when they designed Thanos' Court Death animation.

"Okay, so we need to show he is in love with Death somehow. How do we do it?"

"Well, Death is usually depicted as a hooded skeleton..."

"Okay, okay, we'll work with that... How do we show he's in love with her?"

"...give her a big rack and a tight dress?"

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    Quebbster said:

I can't help but wonder how the discussion Went when they designed Thanos' Court Death animation.

Seriosly. Like, does she have falsies on under that robe, or is that the only place her flesh hasn't rotted away, or what?
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rogues "Gloves Off" ability.

"TAG you're i- oh...oops..." *backs away slowly*
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I'm using a certain character, but then switch, I feel like my next match is always a board with huge amounts of the switched-out character's power AP. For example, if I stop using IM40, there's always almost a ton of yellow on the board in my next match. And I think the AI is laughing at me when it does that, and specifically doing it so I can't complain that I never get any yellow.

But then I realize I'm insane and it's just a coincidence, throw my phone, vow never to play the game again.... and then pick it up 6 minutes later.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:

Seriosly. Like, does she have falsies on under that robe, or is that the only place her flesh hasn't rotted away, or what?
    Fun fact: The word I originally used instead of "rack" got filtered. Somehow "Give her a big tinykitty" sounds even dirtier than what I actually wrote.
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Everytime i going to use Sniper Rifle, i said it out lound in a Metal Slug voice, despited there is no sniper rifle in there XD, for feral claws, allways comes to my mind Berserk barrage! from Marvel vs Capcom games, and speaking of them! cant use cyclops with saying optic blast or "X" to full blast like in X-men, Children of Atom.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    For the entire duration of Hulk's PvP: "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!"

When I defeat Gorgon: "OK. Gorgon is gor-GONE!"
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whenever 3* Cage's passive activates, singing the word Unbreakable like something out of a Mange/Anime film :s