Stupid things you think when certain things happen in game

Hadronic
Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
edited June 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so maybe its just me (probably not) but there are certain things that happen in this game, and every time they happen I always think of the same stupid quote or phrase.

For example:
Gamora casts Bad Reputation, I instantly think of Pat Benatar ("I dont give a damn about your bad reputation")
I put Xavier on my team, I instantly think of the door to Cerebro ("Welcome Professor")

Just curious if other people do this and what kind of quotes you have come up with?

Comments

• stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Hadronic wrote:
    Gamora casts Bad Reputation, I instantly think of Pat Benatar ("I dont give a damn about your bad reputation")

Every time. With the Freaks and Geeks opening credits flashing through my head.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    stowaway wrote:
    Hadronic wrote:

Every time. With the Freaks and Geeks opening credits flashing through my head.

Apparently, this happens to a lot of people then icon_lol.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze when building a snowman. Freeze!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cherry Bomb icon_e_smile.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When XFDP enforces and shows up (his black power), I always hear this low-rez Bwowww sound effect in my head, like from an old Atari or NES game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know why but when I use Beast's blue, I always sing in my head "Weird Science" icon_lol.gif
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I don't know why but when I use Beast's blue, I always sing in my head "Weird Science" icon_lol.gif

The animation takes long enough for you to sing the entire song!
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Sentry Yellow....TUMMY ACHE
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Hadronic wrote:
    Joan Jett... but I agree. Both Bad Reputation and Cherry Bomb make me think of her songs.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Forum language. I use words we all use here when playing this game. Examples:

When cycling through PVP opponents:
    "Oh, a Charlie's Angels team."

When I get hit by a nasty cascade of death:
    "What the tinykitty just happened???"

When that 14th cover for an unchamped 4* eventually comes:
    "Is it time to champ my Baglady?"
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Not quiiiiiiite the same, but every time I come on the forum and see the "Old Man Logan black again?" topic I can't help but hear "Motown Philly back again!" in my head.
  • Acaine
    Acaine Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    When finishing the last 500hp goon with 15ap Hulkbuster red, I hear Motorhead's "OVERKILL!! OVERKILL!!!"
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Cherry Bomb icon_e_smile.gif

Hello Daddy, Hello Mom...I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Luke Cage's Unbreakable always makes me think of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's theme song.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you want to build a snowman? (But I have a litte daughter icon_e_wink.gif so I hear it enough even without the game)
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Bad Reputation - Oddly enough my image is of Ronda Rousey getting kicked in the head or punched in the face. :shrug:

Oldest Trick in the Book - If it is a downing blow... "You may hate me but it ain't no lie. Baby bye bye bye" icon_redface.gif
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Luke Cage's Unbreakable always makes me think of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's theme song.

Never watched the show but someone posted a video of it in the forums earlier and ever since it has always popped into my head.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Not quite the same, but whenever I go to a villain-goon-goon fight with drstrange I always imagine this going on.
    V: well guys, they've got strange with them, let me have him first. DO NOT do anything, ok? We need to kill him first.
    Goons: sure boss, whatever you say

Fight starts. Goons lay down cd tiles. Villain takes a couple of blasts in the face.
    V: hey guys... You are killing me here! What did we say?
    Goon: no no we halp! See I heal you now (places 2turn heal cd)
    Strange fires, villain is downed
    V: well, good luck!
    Goons: ooooohhhhh!
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Every time Strange throws his yellow passive, I say "CRACKERS!"

You know, because Flight of the Saltines.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    When Smoke Bomb is deployed I always start to hum in my mind "Smoke bomb, Smoke bomb, you're my Smoke bomb, and baby you can turn me on" by the Tiger of Wales, Tom Jones.