BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whenever Black Bolt does his Quasi-Sonic Scream:

NOOO NOT ANOTHER ELEKTRA COVER!!!
  • phiwalker
    phiwalker Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Skrofa wrote:
    Not quite the same, but whenever I go to a villain-goon-goon fight with drstrange I always imagine this going on.
    V: well guys, they've got strange with them, let me have him first. DO NOT do anything, ok? We need to kill him first.
    Goons: sure boss, whatever you say

Fight starts. Goons lay down cd tiles. Villain takes a couple of blasts in the face.
    V: hey guys... You are killing me here! What did we say?
    Goon: no no we halp! See I heal you now (places 2turn heal cd)
    Strange fires, villain is downed
    V: well, good luck!
    Goons: ooooohhhhh!

I've had similar imaginary conversations with these types of teams.

Once I get to the 4th playthrough on the node it's more:

V: Okay guys, SERIOUSLY, the last three times you killed me. Let me do all the-
    Goon: Here ya go boss! (lays down CD tiles)
    V: NO, we just talked-
    Goon 2: I wanna halp! (more CD tiles)
    V:....I give up
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Nova's 'Danger Zone' -> Kenny Loggins' 'Danger Zone'
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every time Luke Cage does Righteous Uppercut I say Sho-Ryuken
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Black Panther Battleplan Sound always makes me think of the beginning of the song "I'm Blue (da ba dee da ba die)" by Eiffel 65

Nova - Danger Zone: Song Lyrics "Highway to the Danger Zone"

3* Deadpool Whales attack: Jim Gaffigan stand up rountine making whale sounds

Daredevil Ambush attack actually working I think "I kick you in the face!"

The image of Sentry with his hand on his head I think to myself "Preener"

Anytime I get the colors I need to finish off my opponents, I hear Darth Vader saying "I have you now"
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When Thor does Thunderous Clap, I always think of it as Thunderous The Clap, and imagine him defeating enemies by giving them various social diseases....
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler wrote:
    Black Panther Battleplan Sound always makes me think of the beginning of the song "I'm Blue (da ba dee da ba die)" by Eiffel 65

This game has sounds? icon_eek.gif
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion wrote:
    The obvious one is Nova yellow. If you don't go "Pew! Pew!" during that animation, then I don't want to know you.

I was going to say "no", but this one definitely crosses through my thoughts. I just don't use Nova all that often because mine is undercovered so it doesn't come up much.

Upon further reflection, Rhulk's Green steal always echoes a sound from the old X-men arcade game - Colossus' special "Raaaaawr!"

And Hulkbuster's red I can't help but summon up the noise from Sentinel in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 "Rocket Punch".
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    When Thor does Thunderous Clap, I always think of it as Thunderous The Clap, and imagine him defeating enemies by giving them various social diseases....

I actually fired this power once and read it as "Thunderous ****". Talk about an unexpected, one shot laugh. It was like a cannon went off.

It still makes me chuckle whenever I see it.

RAAAAAAAAHHHH! *BOOOOM* icon_mad.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JablesMc wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

I actually fired this power once and read it as "Thunderous ****". Talk about an unexpected, one shot laugh. It was like a cannon went off.

It still makes me chuckle whenever I see it.

RAAAAAAAAHHHH! *BOOOOM* icon_mad.gif

I can never unread this now. icon_lol.gif
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I can never unread this now. icon_lol.gif
    \
    You're welcome. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the very lucky chance that I finally make it to 1200 in PVP after numerous stressful shield hops...

In my head: Fireworks go off! The mpq message boards are filled with threads of people giving me congratulations and high fives! A red announces a brand new game mode!!

In reality: I open up the LT to gain a 6th cover of a 4* that has less than 13 covers... keep it in my queue for 13 days, then sell it for 1000 iso.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's not in game, but whenever someone on the forum refers to Mr. Fantastic as "Mr. F", I always hear that same sound cue from Arrested Development.

latest?cb=20130321045911
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any time I end up using Ghost Rider, I get the Rollins Band cover of Ghost Rider (from the Crow Soundtrack) stuck in my head for days.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hadronic wrote:
    Gamora casts Bad Reputation, I instantly think of Pat Benatar ("I dont give a damn about your bad reputation")

I get a song, but not that one. I get Thin Lizzy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqSzDJGFCgI

Then Red Hulk makes me think of Judas Priest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY

Ice Man's got an obvious one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UdXbMyo1rU

I always mis-read Thing's red move as "It's Slobberin' Time!"

I tend to do a motion with Teen Jean's purple...moving my hand back as if slowing down and halting bullets, then thrusting forwards to hurl them back. Gotta do something while the animations play, right? Much like punching my fist into my other hand when firing Red Hulk's green.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When Smoke Bomb is deployed I always start to hum in my mind "Smoke bomb, Smoke bomb, you're my Smoke bomb, and baby you can turn me on" by the Tiger of Wales, Tom Jones.

Yup. Every time.

When I fire 3* Cage's Jab, followed by Jab, Jab, Cross, I do it to the opening of "Eye of the Tiger". How could I not?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Another one:

Depending on my mood, I reinterpret Dr. Strange's "Flames of the Faltine" as either "Flames of the Flatline" or "Flames of the Saltine".
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whenever Iron Fist hits his green, I think "Boot to the Head" from Ti Kwan Leep by the Frantics. I used to love hearing that on the Dr Demento radio show.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ms marvel's sonic boom, guile from street fighter
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    Deadpool - Countdown for What = "Turn down for What!"

I just got my last cover for him too, so i cant wait to champ and use him more. "Countdown for WHAT!"

EDIT: I just cover maxed Cho and have been using him more against Cap in the Civil War Event. now every time he uses green, i give him a fist bump and do the Baymax "bah-la-la-la"