Stupid things you think when certain things happen in game

Options

Comments

• BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whenever I play the seed nodes in PvP (shout out to whatsflappinyo) and they get a bunch of cascades and start firing off powers, I always think of Loki vs Hulk in the Avengers.

"Enough! You are, all of you are beneath me! I am a god, you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by..."
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hadronic wrote:
    Gamora casts Bad Reputation, I instantly think of Pat Benatar ("I dont give a damn about your bad reputation")

I get a song, but not that one. I get Thin Lizzy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqSzDJGFCgI

Then Red Hulk makes me think of Judas Priest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGMQ-ySqOY

Ice Man's got an obvious one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UdXbMyo1rU

I always mis-read Thing's red move as "It's Slobberin' Time!"

I tend to do a motion with Teen Jean's purple...moving my hand back as if slowing down and halting bullets, then thrusting forwards to hurl them back. Gotta do something while the animations play, right? Much like punching my fist into my other hand when firing Red Hulk's green.
    I always think of the Matrix with teen Jean purple.....
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For some reason, when I'm about to win my match, I like to do silly things, such as:

• Match away all my heavily-powered strike tiles
    • Match away my CD tiles
    • Create what would be a match-4 or match-5 on the next turn, if there was a next turn.

Basically silly things that would put me at a great disadvantage, except for the fact that it was the final move, so the enemy can't use any of the advantages I provide.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Danger Zone makes me  think of Archer rather than Kenny Loggins.

"Lana. LANA. LANNAAAAAAAA!!"
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    dr. strange's 'flames of the faltine' - i re-imagine it as 'crumbs of the saltines' and pretend he's throwing crackers at the bad guys.

edit- oh hey chewie, didn't even read your post. high five!
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Whenever Wilson's Gambit goes off, I have to imagine whoever he "pokes" doing the Pillsbury Doughboy giggle, in their own voice. After seeing Logan, when it happens to OML I have to fight back giggles ever time. 

EDIT: Also, when "Meet Rocket and Groot" is going on I find myself humming "Luck Be A Lady" all day. That means this week I got a bonus round of it with "Duck Be A Lady."

And for all of you Frozen fans, my wife (who also plays) has actually come up with full lyrics to "Do You Wanna Punch A Snowman?", many of which, alas, are not able to be shared in this forum.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A lot of times, when I have a special tile on the board, I expect the AI to make a specific move that matches it away. But then the AI does something else that also matches or clears it, but in a convoluted and completely unpredictable way. When that happens, I feel like the AI is just messing me, saying to itself, "Oh, you think I'm going to rip you off with this cheap drop of tiles, but actually I'm going to rip you off in this totally ridiculous way that gets your hopes up and then dashes them".

Clever girl.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Robot Chicken did a scene of Ghost Rider of jamming to some tunes on his bike, and then he hops off and literally ghost-rides the whip. I can't not think of that not now every time I use his green or red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHuLu3rhenY
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tatercat said:
    It's not in game, but whenever someone on the forum refers to Mr. Fantastic as "Mr. F", I always hear that same sound cue from Arrested Development.

latest?cb=20130321045911

That's the reason I refer to him as Mr. F, and that riff gets stuck in my head every time I see him in game too. 
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When Kate Bishop do her blue or GSBW her green:

"Boom headshot"
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wilson's Gambit with Strange on the other team:
    *poke*
    *screeching* "DONTTOUCHME!!!!1!!!!!111"
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Doc Strange firing his flame shot cheerfully asking; How do you like your steak? Well done? Floats to rear of team chuckling to self.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whenever I see "Captain Marvel" written anywhere I start singing the Captain Planet theme song
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When Agent Venom uses his Military Might I think of Stewart going "look what I can do!!"

No, not that Stewart:
    this one? :
    not that Stewart either:
    Maybe I should for you this Stewart?: 
     No!  the other one:
    (i miss you)

Come on! someone fire the interns!
    • Here's the one! :

conversely(for the madTV fans) when they interview his mum and she's like oh his dads not dead
    -"he is to me."
    I imagine the symbiote and Flash being interviewed and flash being all "eddie brocks not dead"
    -"he is to me."

p.s. alien weakness FTW
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Every time I'm running Blade and I get a red-starved board, I think of Nuke: "Gimme a red!"
  • Melac
    Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Whenever Sentry kills himself with his Yellow, or uses it while I have my 5 black covers Power Man in front.
    *Facepalm* "That was really stupid of me"
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Running Blade alongside Steve in the 2* Node is making me think of the first Avengers flick: "That's my secret, Captain. I'm always thirsty."

There's one with Hulk's Thunderous Clap, too, but going into any more detail would probably violate the forum guidelines ;)
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    vcorsac said:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Cherry Bomb icon_e_smilegif

Hello Daddy, Hello Mom...I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb!

All of Gwen's powers really. I sometimes can't recall "Teenage Kicks" and then spend a few seconds trying to remember how it goes. MC5 deserves a better power. I get so excited when "Kick Out the Jams" fires strictly on the basis of the song.

I also hear 3* Captain Marvel's Hypersonic Punch as if said like an anime attack (usually super robot style or magical girl style). HAIPAA SONIKU PANCHI!!!!
    when I use Teenage Kicks I instantly hear the chorus from "Saturday Teenage Kick" by junkie xl
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Torch's green. Either something about smoking marijuana (Blaze it!, etc), or one of the Egg Shen's Lawyer's bits from the start of Big Trouble in Little China: "Mr Shen, please. You could be in a great deal of trouble. Half a city block explodes in a ball of green flame. Green flame! All hell is breaking loose here."