Stupid things you think when certain things happen in game

Options

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whenever I use 3* Blade's black, I tell "Fore!" In my head. No one will ever convince me he's not playing golf in that animation.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Whenever I use 3* Blade's black, I tell "Fore!" In my head. No one will ever convince me he's not playing golf in that animation.
    It looks more like a baseball swing to me. Swinging for the bleachers.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hadronic said:
    For example:
    Gamora casts Bad Reputation, I instantly think of Pat Benatar ("I dont give a damn about your bad reputation")
    Yeah, that's Joan Jett, not Pat Benatar.

I hear Pat Benatar's "Hit me with your Best Shot" when Cyclops's PvP comes around.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Running vulture and mordo against Strange I imagine something like this:

M: ok, Strange is against us, let me gather blue and take him out in one shot before you go jumping up in the air.
    V: sure thing!

*Match black*
    M: dude!
    V: no worries man
    *Match black*
    M: don't even think about it!
    V: Who? Me? I would never! J/K GTG cya!! "Circling Prey!"
    Strange: Flames of the Faltine!
    M (with a sinched face): dammit!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Black Bolt's green: Birds Fly (Whisper to a Scream) by Icicle Works.

Every time they refer to the Mindless ones as rock monsters in Honour Among Thieves: Rock Lobster by the B-52s. Except, y'know, with "monster" substituted in every time it would be "lobster"
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpool's "Whales! Whales! Whales!" always gets sung to the tune "Girls! Girls! Girls!" from Motley Crue...  ALWAYS.
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Whenever anyone on either side hits Squirrel Girl with a flame based attack I break out my best Alicia Keys & yell "This Squirrel is on fire!"
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't play with the sound on often, but whenever I do and defeat an enemy and it makes that sound like a body falling to the ground, I always start thinking, "Let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the floor, let the bodies hit the... FLOOR!"
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Every time Luke Cage does Righteous Uppercut I say Sho-Ryuken
    Guilty of it
    DJSquiggy said:
    Deadpool - Countdown for What = "Turn down for What!"
    Guilty
    rc35 said:
    Nova's 'Danger Zone' -> Kenny Loggins' 'Danger Zone'
    Yep
    purplemur said:
    When Agent Venom uses his Military Might I think of Stewart going "look what I can do!!"
    LOL! Thats gonna stick with us *MAD TV omage*
    Whenever anyone on either side hits Squirrel Girl with a flame based attack I break out my best Alicia Keys & yell "This Squirrel is on fire!"
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ms marvel's sonic boom, guile from street fighter
    Just used her in the Deadpool Daily for the first time in a while, and that's the first thing I thought of as well.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Especially when he's boosted, I typically run Bl4de with IM40. When Recharge resolves and Bl4de switches to Bloodlust, it always makes me think of that opening scene in The Dark Knight, when William Fichtner's bank manager character starts shooting the Joker' s henchmen and yells out, "You and your friends? You're all dead!"
  • Supravenbull
    Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any time a Muscle lays a yellow Threaten countdown tile, Beavus chimes in my head, "Are you threatening me?! I am the great Cornholio!"
  • oxSpiralOutxo
    oxSpiralOutxo Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sometimes before a match, a famous fight announcer like Jimmy Lennon Jr. or Bruce/Michael Buffer will name all the characters; their affiliation and abilities. 
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Every time I use obw blue, I say out loud, "allow me to introduce you to our Lord, Timer Extension." Every time IM40's recharge processes, I make a chi-click sound as each countdown expires. 
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2017
    Options
    DaveR4470 said:
    When Thor does Thunderous Clap, I always think of it as Thunderous The Clap, and imagine him defeating enemies by giving them various social diseases....
    This. Or whenever I use it I tell my opponent to "avoid the Clap", but when Hulk does it. 
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I always find myself:
    singing "Cover Girl" by NKOTB during Squirrel Girl's PVP.
    "your soul is mine!" for Control Shift
    "Lieutenant Dan!" instead of Lieutenant down

to name a few.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been singing this song when i play this new character we got :smile:

https://youtu.be/Wp2bvJuMAfE?list=RDWp2bvJuMAfE&t=12

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I kill somebody with Rocket I say "Blammo! Killed ya"(from the comics) and when his blue activates I hear his laughter in my ears like in the movies.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    The Motörhead song Overnight Sensation has a line about "You're just handin' out bad reputations" that I think of every time 3* Gamora's green goes off.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Motörhead song Overnight Sensation has a line about "You're just handin' out bad reputations" that I think of every time 3* Gamora's green goes off.
    I think Pat Benatar has a better one for that