**** Riri Williams (Ironheart) **** Updated (8/7/17)

Comments

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    One thing I've noticed with her blue, after the tiles are gathered at the center, the game will check for a possible match BEFORE converting the center tiles into red. If there's a match, after the cascade is over, the tiles in the center are then converted to red. 

I was shocked when I fought her and she gathered green tiles to the center, making a match 5. Then after the cascade was over, tiles in the center are converted to red charge tiles, making another match 5. I wish I had brought JG with me to that fight :'(
  • krak0
    krak0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Her redesign is brilliant she is such a fun character now. Her blue can cause a cascade then feed your red and then do direct damage on top of that such good value. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on the fence as I could sell her for 3.5k hero coins and save up for a 40 pack featuring a character I really want. 

I dunno gonna keep thinking about it.... 
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    jgomes32 said:
    A bit late, but i think 5/5/3 works better. With the cascades from blue and damage from red you don't even need green (and Gwenpool's better this week). Airborne can also slow things down. For me definitely 5/5/3, but i case can be made for 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 which says something about how good her buff was. Very solid character now.
    The difference between 4 & 5 covers in blue is just 541 damage. Totally not worth it. With 4-5-4 you lose that 541 damage in blue, and you win more turns and damage in green.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    D4Ni13 said:
    jgomes32 said:
    A bit late, but i think 5/5/3 works better. With the cascades from blue and damage from red you don't even need green (and Gwenpool's better this week). Airborne can also slow things down. For me definitely 5/5/3, but i case can be made for 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 which says something about how good her buff was. Very solid character now.
    The difference between 4 & 5 covers in blue is just 541 damage. Totally not worth it. With 4-5-4 you lose that 541 damage in blue, and you win more turns and damage in green.
    Or i can kill the entire team with Gwenpool's green. Riri is versatile now. Running Riri+Gwen+IM40 she's 5/5/3. Her green does 10k but Gween can hit up to 33k aoe. Her build really depends on the team.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Just got her blue cover from the previous event so I re-spec her from 3/5/5 -> 4/5/4. This is what I've noticed:

Blue at 1, 2 and 3 covers
    1. Swaps tiles to the center of the board
    2. Converts 4 tiles at the center to red basic tiles
    3. Checks for any possible matches. If there's a match, wait until all cascades are resolved
    4. Deals damage

Blue at 4 and 5 covers
    1. Swaps tiles to the center of the board
    2. Checks for any possible matches. If there's a match, wait until all cascades are resolved
    3. Converts 4 tiles at the center to red charge tiles
    4. Checks for any possible matches. If there's a match, wait until all cascades are resolved
    5. Deals damage
    I am not sure if this is intentional, but this makes her blue much more powerful at 4 and 5 covers. 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I'm looking forward to see if she's useful without boosts, but she went from being pretty good when boosted to excellent. She can now be run at 5/5/3, 5/3/5, 3/5/5 and 4/5/4 for different purposes all to great effect. It's nice she didn't just get more health and a little more self synergy but she's got some great utility aside from her solid damage output. Great job on the revision. 
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is her green broken or just poorly worded?

Because it seems to suggest it'll knock an enemy airborne regardless, but if there are enough special tiles she'll go airborne instead.
    What I get is the enemy will go airborne *unless* there are enough special tiles, in which case the enemy is fine but Riri goes airborne.
  • DesertTortoise
    edited July 2017

Because it seems to suggest it'll knock an enemy airborne regardless, but if there are enough special tiles she'll go airborne instead.
    What I get is the enemy will go airborne *unless* there are enough special tiles, in which case the enemy is fine but Riri goes airborne.
    It's a bug, the intent is the damage is dealt and enemy goes airborne no matter what, Riri goes airborne after that conditionally. It should get fixed in a data push is what we were told. 

Edit: Discord tells me that this was fixed in today's data push. 
  • DesertTortoise
    mexus said:
    Is everyone happy with new Riri?
    Would you say she went from bottom tier to high tier? Low tier to top tier?

She's my next champ. I have six extra covers and a few days of playing before I have all the ISO needed. I hope I'll get use of her also when unboosted. A solid red-generator does seem nice in (latest) 4* land. There's also a lack of good blue skills among the 4*s I have champed (Peggy and Iceman aside!) so it's really two flies in one smack.

Riri went from "a good boosted character without many uses when unboosted" to "a very good boosted character with some utility when unboosted". That sounds minor but that's dramatic within the 4-star meta. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017

It's a bug, the intent is the damage is dealt and enemy goes airborne no matter what, Riri goes airborne after that conditionally. It should get fixed in a data push is what we were told. 

Is her not prioritizing special tiles with her Blue a bug too or working as intended?

I would love her to suck in all the countdowns from goons and turn them into charged tiles lol.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is her not prioritizing special tiles with her Blue a bug too or working as intended?

I would love her to suck in all the countdowns from goons and turn them into charged tiles lol.
    It should be selecting randomly from "basic or enemy Special tiles" the same way Blammo! We Got Ya! and Coercive Field do. I doubt it's intended to target special tiles.
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017

why should it prioritize specials? It was old power that grab all specials into middle and lock them(up to 10 grabs and 4 locks). now it just grabs random 4 tiles (basically made 4 swaps) to the center and then after all cascades done turns four in the middle into red basic/charged tiles. And yeah it also does damage now.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

I'd love Blue to specifically target enemy specials, but that would make it overpowered for the cost.

Even if it only targeted basic tiles, you're getting 4 swaps and 4 (charged) red tiles. It doesn't take too much strategic thinking to wait for a red tile to sit in the ring around that central 4 so that you get an automatic match. That should be your standard usage, and that's basically paying 9 blue AP for 7 red AP + some damage. If you get some cascades during the tile swap part of the ability, then you've gained more AP than you spent.

My only hope is that they allow Red to target the front character if other remaining enemies are Airborne. This would not only create some more fantastic internal synergy (that is, when there are two enemies left, knock one airborne with Green so that you can do full damage to a single enemy) but it would also help pose a kind of soft counter for Vulture teams going forward.

• Jaedenkaal
    Or actually hit airborne enemies, for that matter. For the lower of the two listed values (it's a pretty strong ability as it is).
  • Landale
    Landale Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    Or actually hit airborne enemies, for that matter. For the lower of the two listed values (it's a pretty strong ability as it is).
    Or maybe it could be a passive that makes Riri hit airborne enemies when she herself is also airborne.
    So many tweaks.
    Problem with that tweak would be that she would never do damage anyway - Airborne characters can't act, so she would have to have more special rules that allowed her act while Airborne.
  • D4Ni13
    edited August 2017
    mexus said:

My only hope is that they allow Red to target the front character if other remaining enemies are Airborne. 

Definitely this! Her green is at this state (sadly) quite useless with minimal damage and sending an enemy airborne is often more benefitting than punishing for the enemy. If it worked like you're suggesting it would not only be more fun to play Riri, it would also take her green from meh to yeh.
    Her green is very good if you want to take a protector out for some turns or delay a big nuke. It's far from useless in my humble opinion. 

Lets say you need more blue to gather red and the enemy is ready to nuke you. Activate green and prevent the nuke. Gather blue AP, fire it, gather red and hopefully take down the nuker before any harm is done.

OR 

Lets say The Thing/Collosus/Deadpool/Thanos are protecting a bigger but squishier threat. Take the protector out and gain acces to the target you want.

OR

You have Medusa, Carol, Blade or any other annoying target that you cannot stop at the moment, and doesn't allow you to do anything. Take him out for X turns and turn the game in your favor. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    D4Ni13 said:

Lets say The Thing/Collosus/Deadpool/Thanos are protecting a bigger but squishier threat. Take the protector out and gain acces to the target you want.

You can do this with remote control gauntlets anyways. For other powers, sure.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 said:

You can do this with remote control gauntlets anyways. For other powers, sure.
    Assuming you don't have enough red and want to deal damage with another hero :)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 said:

Her red works around all of them. It's one of its best features. Well, come to think of it, it may not work around XPool, but it does around the others you mentioned.