**** Riri Williams (Ironheart) **** Updated (8/7/17)

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    What's her best build now?  I'm thinking 4 in Blue is easy. The charged tiles from 3 to 4 are a must, but the damage from 4 to 5 is negligible.

I could see swapping between 5 in Green and 5 in Red depending on team needs, but at default, which is better?  The damage dip seems to be significant for both colors when dropping to 4 covers.
    I think 4-5-4 is her best build. You won't lose anything special for not having 5 blue, and red is her best ability, so having to sacrifice 2k damage on green is a good compromise. Blue lead into one or even two swings of red if you time it right. So 4-5-4 all the way I would say.
  • D4Ni13
    edited July 2017
    himatako said:
    There seems to be a bug with her green, sending her airborne but not the target enemy when there are 4 or more enemy special tiles on the board. The text in her ability doesn't say "instead", so I thought the first part of the ability will always work and whether she will also be sent airborne or not is conditional. 

As for her blue, I'm disappointed at first that it doesn't prioritize enemy special tiles, but seeing how it has become much more useful than the original highly-situational blue, I'm ok with it. 
    It may be a bug. It didn't happen to me. I've managed to send both my target and myself airborne when there were 4 special tiles on the board. So it's surely not "instead". It has to be a bug if Riri was the only one sent airborne, or it may have been a target that cannot be stunned or sent airborne (which I believe was the case of Carnage on Sinister Six event). So who did you try to send airborne and didn't work ?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    D4Ni13 said:
    What's her best build now?  I'm thinking 4 in Blue is easy. The charged tiles from 3 to 4 are a must, but the damage from 4 to 5 is negligible.

I could see swapping between 5 in Green and 5 in Red depending on team needs, but at default, which is better?  The damage dip seems to be significant for both colors when dropping to 4 covers.
    I think 4-5-4 is her best build. You won't lose anything special for not having 5 blue, and red is her best ability, so having to sacrifice 2k damage on green is a good compromise. Blue lead into one or even two swings of red if you time it right. So 4-5-4 all the way I would say.
    I think this will be my default unless I'm using her to fuel a better red user or my team lacks Green (both of which unlikely given the 4s I have champed).

I think the thing I'm legitimately most excited about is  I had 21 4* champs and only one good active Blue (Peggy).  My only others were Ant-Man (situational), Punisher, Chulk and Iron Man (for all three, Blue is a throwaway third power).  

My most recent three champs were Riri, Coulson and Grocket, all of which actually use Blue. Of the three, Riri's is the best and next to Peggy is probably the best Blue user out of 24 champs.

Cant wait to try her with Blade!
  • D4Ni13
    edited July 2017
    D4Ni13 said:

Cant wait to try her with Blade!
    Well, that should be interesting, but I feel Blade might be too slow for her. I mean, if you time your blue correctly, you can earn enough AP to activate red twice and finish 2 enemies in that turn. Blade would require more turns, and I personally don't think it is worth it (despide having him champed).

I usually combo all her powers in one go if possible. Activate blue when there is at least one red near the center-4, make a bunch of red, kill the off-targets with red, and activate green to make the only target left airborne. Despite playing a lot with Blade recently, I wouldn't give up Riri's red for Blade's bloodlust, most of the time. 

But that doesn't mean it cannot work well in certain scenarios :smiley:

• himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    D4Ni13 said:
    himatako said:
    There seems to be a bug with her green, sending her airborne but not the target enemy when there are 4 or more enemy special tiles on the board. The text in her ability doesn't say "instead", so I thought the first part of the ability will always work and whether she will also be sent airborne or not is conditional. 

As for her blue, I'm disappointed at first that it doesn't prioritize enemy special tiles, but seeing how it has become much more useful than the original highly-situational blue, I'm ok with it. 
    It may be a bug. It didn't happen to me. I've managed to send both my target and myself airborne when there were 4 special tiles on the board. So it's surely not "instead". It has to be a bug if Riri was the only one sent airborne, or it may have been a target that cannot be stunned or sent airborne (which I believe was the case of Carnage on Sinister Six event). So who did you try to send airborne and didn't work ?
    I don't remember exactly who but I remember it was a normal PvP event, not a boss battle. I think one user posted on the forum that they experienced this bug as well. Hopefully d3 will fix this soon. 

Her red is powerful even when she's low level and her blue is useful regardless of her level. I'm really enjoy using her now. Will definitely champ her after Medusa :D 
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    That's a bug that's getting fixed in a data push (possibly today's). It is supposed to be damage + enemy airborne then Riri also airborne if the condition is met. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I'm very satisfied with the cascade potential of Magnetic Repulsors (Magnetic Attractors?) so far.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Agreed.  All of a sudden, Riri joined the ranks of great self-accelerators wearing Iron Man (/Heart) armor.  The health bump has been a great change, too.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Red is also looking like an even more dynamic power when boosted (over 20K!) since you can sort of choose to use it to avoid insanely over-killing one target like you would if you fired off a boosted Buncha Fiddle-Faddle or Ultimate Soldier.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Exactly, taking out the two non-targeted enemies at once is fantastic.
    Sure that will be harder once her boost time is over, but still, the planned efficiency of avoiding overkill can help a lot.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Even then, killing the first enemy and doing 5k to a second is pretty good. And when you're down to the last target, you pretty much just murder them. Sure, she'll have a little more trouble with the second target... but your other two characters have powers, right?
  • Rick_OShay
    Just ran Ironheart,  Hulkbuster, Cloak & Dagger.
    Lolz,  as long as you don't mind the self damage, overdrive, riri blue, RCG, change target, RCG, overdrive, RCG. Over.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Replace HB with Blade?

... did we just make Supernatural Sense good?
  • Rick_OShay
    edited July 2017
    Replace HB with Blade?

... did we just make Supernatural Sense good?
    I actually tried that first and it didn't go as well, but it was probably more due to the board having blacks I couldn't match in time so I kept getting c&d attack tiles instead. 
    It was pretty cool eventually having blade dish out 3000 for one red AP prior to IronHeart dealing 5k+ x2.
  • Rick_OShay
    edited July 2017
    Having ironheart on defense will be good since the opponent cant hide a weaker ally as easily when there is an incoming gauntlet attack.
    Meaning, if the enemy has stronger characters tanking certain colors for the weaker, it's harder to get the weaker in front to avoid the gauntlets.

• OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Just found that her Remote Control Gauntlets is great against C4ge. As long as he isn't in the front, he won't remove one of your specialty tiles with The Defender. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    edited July 2017
    I don't have professor X champed, but I'm thinking that Ririnfinity* may also be a thing :)

*Not actual infinity
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't have professor X champed, but I'm thinking that Ririnfinity* may also be a thing :)

*Not actual infinity
    I was thinking about that too. Who'd be a good third?
  • Jaedenkaal
    I tried it with Carol. While Riri is boosted, her passive also nets Blue AP for me.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    A bit late, but i think 5/5/3 works better. With the cascades from blue and damage from red you don't even need green (and Gwenpool's better this week). Airborne can also slow things down. For me definitely 5/5/3, but i case can be made for 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 which says something about how good her buff was. Very solid character now.