**** Riri Williams (Ironheart) **** Updated (8/7/17)

Options

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Do you think blue would be better if instead of targeting special tiles it targeted random tiles of a specific color (to include special tiles. more covers more different types)

So click on green and X number of green tiles get pulled to the center. Likely causing some cascade of matches. Probably getting rid of a few special tiles.

I'd prefer that at lower number of x tiles than higher number of special tiles. Because currently her use is very limited in my game play.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do you think blue would be better if instead of targeting special tiles it targeted random tiles of a specific color (to include special tiles. more covers more different types)

So click on green and X number of green tiles get pulled to the center. Likely causing some cascade of matches. Probably getting rid of a few special tiles.

I'd prefer that at lower number of x tiles than higher number of special tiles. Because currently her use is very limited in my game play.

Well it would certainly be less likely to be unusable. Even if it picked a random color it would probably do SOMETHING. The problem now is that it can't even be used unless there's one or more A/P/S tiles on the board, and does next to nothing even if there, are unless there are sufficient numbers of those tiles in the correct color to cause a match after they're swapped.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Just noticed that magnetic repulsors currently doesn't lock the tiles until after possible matches have been resolved. Has it always been that way, or is that part of the bug that we're noticing every day with Daken?
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just noticed that magnetic repulsors currently doesn't lock the tiles until after possible matches have been resolved. Has it always been that way, or is that part of the bug that we're noticing every day with Daken?
    I'm not sure either, but isn't this the desired chain of events? 
    Otherwise, with my luck the only match I'd get would be unlocking that one special...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    I'd question whether locking them is even an upgrade, honestly. I mean, I suppose there's some synergy with the CD on her red (which can unlock and then remove the same tile) but that was never the point of that ability anyways (luckily the damage is good).

Riri really suffers from abilities that are interesting, but not good.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tempted to champ her as a defense against the never ending horde of strike tile characters being introduced to this game. If only she could steal them as well. Her low health pool is discouraging, but I feel like everyone is using some combo of Carol/Medusa/Blade/Wasp.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I honestly feel like she wouldn't be garbage tier if her health were even Daisy level. Her red is decent, so is her green; it's just that with PX level health, I'm never going to put a single drop of ISO into her. The garbage-tier health doesn't even make sense; she's wearing an Iron Man suit, for tinykitty's sake.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been pleasantly surprised by how hard she hits when boosted. I champed her last week, but hadn't played with her since her release event. I still haven't had a chance to use her blue, and I can't foresee any circumstances where I'll use her over Carol or Peggy, but both her green and her red pack a good wallop.

I had kind of hoped that champing her would stop me pulling so many of her covers, but no. She's managed to accumulate 7 champ levels in five days.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Simplest Ri-ri-re-work:

Just have her blue ability change a certain number of enemy tiles to red before drawing them to the middle of the board.

This could potentially generate some matches before the mid board magnet part of the ability, so there would be a chance for some occasional additional board shake AND, more importantly, it would act as an accelerator for her meat and potatoes red ability a-la Hulkbuster.

This would effectively mitigate the problem of her woefully low health by making her something closer to a true glass cannon. Along with that, the improved special tile removal opportunity would be gravy on that meat and potatoes.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Hm. I've thought about that myself. Still doesn't do anything against teams that don't make A/P/S tiles.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    True, but she might actually be worth using fairly often and I think she'd be a lot of fun to play. Her high damage (with accelerator)/and low health would make her a tiny bit like a single target 2* Storm, and she'd be her own Mags...if that's not too convoluted.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can we have her charge random tiles if the enemy has no special tiles? An electromagnetic discharge rather than the magnetic pull.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Her blue really suffers from having absolutely no use against a team without special tiles. It'd be great if they did something like that, Zodiac. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This may be known on the boards already, but i personally just learned it on Line yesterday (and have subsequently confirmed via testing).

Riri is a great partner for thanos.  Her green will render her invulnerable to court death,  so kill an opponent with her green, or use her green right before court death procs for some other reason.  Enemy takes all damage; rir is unhurt.  So far i have only been able to test this with 4/5/3 5* thanos, but i suspect that this technique will also return riri 1 turn early, since she is airborne for 1 turn but thanos stuns for 2 turns.  

This seems like it may be a useful strategy for those that grind with thanos frequently and need to save healthpacks
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That's something I hadn't thought of, Vhailrox. Should come in handy this next event where Thanos is essential and Riri is boosted. 
  • ajfahre
    ajfahre Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have been playing Thanos with Riri in low level goon nodes.  It is much like a game of chicken.  

Can I get 8 green?  
    Can I get Riri to deal a knock out blow? 
    Oh, No! a critcal cascade!

All jokes aside, I have found some use for Ironheart.  I have used her to fill in the Red/Green/Blue spot as there is not a lot of competition in that color combination.  I've tried her with Carol and Coulson for some decent results.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've played her with Thanos for this reason and it works well on low goons. On mid to higher level enemies though, I found that using Thanos' green is just better at dealing damage to all 3 enemies more efficiently - Come and get me hits all 3, downs 1, Court Death hits the other two. This adds up to much more damage for the additional 4 green AP needed. 
    Ironheart can be fun though, and any of the suggested improvements to her blue would be great.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I noticed that in Meet Rocket and Groot when Riri was essential. Fun, but a corner case since you often want Thanos to use the green AP and Riri is a quick kill.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She needs a health boost and rework blue. Maybe green too.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jgomes32 said:
    She needs a health boost and rework blue. Maybe green too.
    Her green would be fine if her blue wasn't so niche, why not have it do something like change enemy special tiles to your strongest colour and move them to the centre of the board and if no special tiles it changes some basic tiles to that colour and moves them.