Upcoming Patch Preview - R50 Discussion

Options

Comments

• 3 sister alliances? That's INCONCEIVABLE!
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Mondo wrote:
    I didn't even think about that for y'all having 40 people between Venoms and Poisons. You must burn through ISO skipping each other!
    Actually, make that soon to be 60 people. There's a Toxins running around too. icon_e_wink.gif
    Am I the only one who's sad that the JV alliances are 5DeadlyPoisons and 5DeadlyToxins? I was really hoping they'd be 5HarmfulVenoms, 5MildlyAnnoyingVenoms, 5ItchyVenoms, etc.
  • Nothing in the patch notes about the (oft-requested) change to the alliance power structure, so that commanders can't refuse to leave, or at the very least make regular members able to buy new slots. Can I get some feedback on this please IceIX?

Still a good-looking update though.

Just quoting this for a bump, since IceIX has returned since but not answered this query.... pretty please?
  • Nothing in the patch notes about the (oft-requested) change to the alliance power structure, so that commanders can't refuse to leave, or at the very least make regular members able to buy new slots. Can I get some feedback on this please IceIX?

Just quoting this for a bump, since IceIX has returned since but not answered this query.... pretty please?

I'd also like to know about the opposite scenario and having all commanders and wanting to kick an inactive player.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Nothing in the patch notes about the (oft-requested) change to the alliance power structure, so that commanders can't refuse to leave, or at the very least make regular members able to buy new slots. Can I get some feedback on this please IceIX?

Regular members probably won't be able to buy slots or such for the forseeable future. It's more likely that we'd allow some kind of Alliance pooling, but this wouldn't make it in any time in the very near future as there are other technical hurdles to clear there. As well, having Commander-less Alliances/Commanders unable to quit isn't something that would be fixed in R50. The best way to resolve those at the moment are through a CS ticket. Same goes for Commander-ful (?) Alliances.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nothing in the patch notes about the (oft-requested) change to the alliance power structure, so that commanders can't refuse to leave, or at the very least make regular members able to buy new slots. Can I get some feedback on this please IceIX?

Regular members probably won't be able to buy slots or such for the forseeable future. It's more likely that we'd allow some kind of Alliance pooling, but this wouldn't make it in any time in the very near future as there are other technical hurdles to clear there. As well, having Commander-less Alliances/Commanders unable to quit isn't something that would be fixed in R50. The best way to resolve those at the moment are through a CS ticket. Same goes for Commander-ful (?) Alliances.

I actually had another question regarding this but this more or less answers it. Awesome job as usual.
  • Mondo wrote:
    I didn't even think about that for y'all having 40 people between Venoms and Poisons. You must burn through ISO skipping each other!
    Actually, make that soon to be 60 people. There's a Toxins running around too. icon_e_wink.gif
    Am I the only one who's sad that the JV alliances are 5DeadlyPoisons and 5DeadlyToxins? I was really hoping they'd be 5HarmfulVenoms, 5MildlyAnnoyingVenoms, 5ItchyVenoms, etc.

We would be 5diarrheainducingvenoms but that would give y'all WAY TOO MUCH extra MPQ time.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Could we get a multiple sell feature so that we don't have to sell 12 1* covers one at a time? Something with checkboxes or something to that degree
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Could we get a multiple sell feature so that we don't have to sell 12 1* covers one at a time? Something with checkboxes or something to that degree

They added something into the UI to make selling 1 and 2* characters easier. I bet it will continually improve.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Well, with the streamline, it's only 24 taps instead of 12 checkboxes, some scrolling, a confirmation and time taken to make sure that you selected the correct ones. So it's probably about even all things considered.
  • How long is the focus on Alliances going to continue and how much more are you going to cater to alliances? If alliances were merely an added bonus I'd have no issue but every day it seems more like a rich get richer pyramid scheme. I may be missing something but how do alliances benefit casual players?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:
    Well, with the streamline, it's only 24 taps instead of 12 checkboxes, some scrolling, a confirmation and time taken to make sure that you selected the correct ones. So it's probably about even all things considered.

I think this translates to they weighed both options and decided the 1 being implemented was easiest to implement.
  • Mondo wrote:
    LoreNYC wrote:

This. and some alliances have a lot more than 20 people to remember

That's wild! I'm also curious why there's only 5 deadly ones in each group? Does that mean there are 4 people using each particular venom/poison/toxin? Or are the other 15 merely painful? Do you argue over who gets to be which one?

"No, I called dibs on iocane powder! It's odorless, colorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in water, and is among the more deadly poisons known to man."

These are the questions that run through my head when looking at the alliance leaderboards. Then I get distracted by Game of Thrones.
    Its a very similar process to choosing a signature for DjangoUnbuffed actually. Glad you pointed that out!
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    How long is the focus on Alliances going to continue and how much more are you going to cater to alliances? If alliances were merely an added bonus I'd have no issue but every day it seems more like a rich get richer pyramid scheme. I may be missing something but how do alliances benefit casual players?

You know that 3* alliance reward? Top 250 alliances are getting it in current tourney. That's potentially 250x20 people getting a 3*. Before you had to place like top 2 to get all 3x covers. It's much easier to acquire all 3 or a single cover in general now.
  • IceIX
    Options
    thatguy13 wrote:
    How long is the focus on Alliances going to continue and how much more are you going to cater to alliances? If alliances were merely an added bonus I'd have no issue but every day it seems more like a rich get richer pyramid scheme. I may be missing something but how do alliances benefit casual players?

You know that 3* alliance reward? Top 250 alliances are getting it in current tourney. That's potentially 250x20 people getting a 3*. Before you had to place like top 2 to get all 3x covers. It's much easier to acquire all 3 or a single cover in general now.
    Pretty much this. Numbers are a bit higher now, but let's go with the end of January The Hunt run since it was a nearly nice even 100K and thus easy math.
    Before: 100K total users, 2000 user brackets, so 50 brackets total. Top 10 got the third cover. 50x10 = 500 covers handed out for the event.
    Now: 100K total users. Top 250 Alliances get the cover, no Alliance brackets. Let's play conservatively and say that across all Top 250, the average Alliance size is 6. 250x6 = 1500 covers handed out.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    So this is something I've been wondering about. Are there any plans in the future to implement cover trading in any form? Whether it be to only other alliance members or through an auction block is there anything going through genius minds at d3p that would have that in an upcoming patch?
  • IceIX
    Options
    So this is something I've been wondering about. Are there any plans in the future to implement cover trading in any form? Whether it be to only other alliance members or through an auction block is there anything going through genius minds at d3p that would have that in an upcoming patch?
    Unlikely, not impossible. Implementation of direct player trading opens the gates to duplication exploits (if any exist in the future), gold farmers, etc. There's a lot that would go into such a system if we wanted to make it "right" and not just implement and hope for the best.
  • I've never seen anyone from demiurge comment on giving the user the ability to tell which goon laid down a specific countdown tile?

has it ever been discussed as being something that needs to be corrected, or is it intentional? It's probably been one of the most requested fixes since the game has begun.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Unlikely, not impossible. Implementation of direct player trading opens the gates to duplication exploits (if any exist in the future), gold farmers, etc. There's a lot that would go into such a system if we wanted to make it "right" and not just implement and hope for the best.

Ok thanks. Glad to hear its not totally off the table and could be implemented.
  • IceIX wrote:

Ok thanks. Glad to hear its not totally off the table and could be implemented.

I for one would rather see it stay off the table because I would rather not see what would happen to token rates to compensate if that ever changed *shudders*