Upcoming Patch Preview - R50 Discussion

Options

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Looks to be a great patch - out of curiosity, will the member tracking show shielded/unshielded status like on event leaderboards?
    It does not.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Looks to be a great patch - out of curiosity, will the member tracking show shielded/unshielded status like on event leaderboards?
    It does not.

Cool, thanks. Can easily use chat for that!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spinning off from the discussion in the fearless defenders thread, will the ability to see the other alliance member's scores also show if they're shielded or not?
  • Spoit wrote:
    Spinning off from the discussion in the fearless defenders thread, will the ability to see the other alliance member's scores also show if they're shielded or not?

Two posts above yours, friend.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    holy ****, mouse wheel support! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Twysta wrote:
    holy ****, mouse wheel support! icon_e_surprised.gif

Its like its 1995 all over again!

"KYE Systems introduced the first mouse with top scroll wheel in 1995,[1] marketed as the Genius EasyScroll and Mouse Systems ProAgio mouse. However, mainstream adoption of the scroll wheel mouse did not occur until Microsoft released the Microsoft IntelliMouse in 1996. It became a commercial success in 1997 when their Microsoft Office application suite and their Internet Explorer browser started supporting its wheel-scrolling feature.[1] Since then the scroll wheel has become a standard feature of many mouse models."
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    **Bobs head to music**

So that's a No. Any future efforts toward this lofty goal would be most appreciated.
    Err.. Updated Patch Notes:
    UI
      - Scrolling on any supported menu screen now accelerates depending on the strength of the swipe used. - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents using PC interfaces may use their mouse wheel to scroll through supported menu screens.

mea maxima culpa, every time I scroll though progression rewards, there will be a smile on my face! Thanks!
  • Spoit
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Two posts above yours, friend.
    icon_redface.gif I didn't see the 2nd page
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    This thread obviously has the ability to hide posts at will. It may be gaining sentience.
  • Spoit
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    This thread obviously has the ability to hide posts at will. It may be gaining sentience.
    Nah, it just used a shield
  • IceIX wrote:

phfk.jpg

...just throwing that out there...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can't wait for the change.. Nice work..
  • Nothing in the patch notes about the (oft-requested) change to the alliance power structure, so that commanders can't refuse to leave, or at the very least make regular members able to buy new slots. Can I get some feedback on this please IceIX?

Still a good-looking update though.
  • S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents using PC interfaces may use their mouse wheel to scroll through supported menu screens.

I'm going to spend at least 37 seconds just playing with the scroll wheel on the rewards screen for whichever token event is running when this makes it to PC.
  • Sounds great. Looking forward to the chat.
  • Nothing in the patch notes about the (oft-requested) change to the alliance power structure, so that commanders can't refuse to leave, or at the very least make regular members able to buy new slots. Can I get some feedback on this please IceIX?

Still a good-looking update though.

There should just be a check to make sure there isn't 0 commanders, and the last commander has to assign the role to someone when they leave (or they have to abort their exit). The last person to leave would disband the alliance.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Also, trophies are for display only to point out the top plays in an Alliance, they don't stack or have any gameplay effect. So people aren't likely to "trophy hunt".

Have you met any gamers? If there's a little picture of a trophy, they will hunt it.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    durrem wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Would be nice if you'd add alliance info in the PvP matchup screen so we don't attack our own.

I would just have alliance mates names appear as the color red on all screens if I was designing this feature.

Would love to see this implemented
  • Sounds like a great patch. I am glad the mouse support is being added. Nothing makes you feel dumber than playing for a few hours and then trying to click and "slide" the forums down just to highlight the entire page. icon_redface.gif
  • Since chat appears in the alliance screen, will there be a popup, notification or something on the main screen to alert us or we have ro continue going back into the alliance tab to see chat?