Upcoming Patch Preview - R50 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Chimaera wrote:
    Does the chat persist between play sessions and for members not participating?

Are you notified somehow when someone in chat calls you a useless bagman?
    This. Important. This.
  • I thought R50 was supposed to bring some awesome new stuff? I'm sure I saw Ice talking about R50 like it was going to blow our minds.
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Chimaera wrote:
    Does the chat persist between play sessions and for members not participating?

Are you notified somehow when someone in chat calls you a useless bagman?
    This. Important. This.

Agreed. Persistence over time would be very nice / important for those of us in different time zones to the rest of our alliance. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Otherwise we'll never be able participate -- except at the end of the events anyway.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    I thought R50 was supposed to bring some awesome new stuff? I'm sure I saw Ice talking about R50 like it was going to blow our minds.

Dude. There's Mouse wheel support!

All they need now is to be able to scroll through the rankings list... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    I thought R50 was supposed to bring some awesome new stuff? I'm sure I saw Ice talking about R50 like it was going to blow our minds.

So. Much. Good. Stuff. Sweet Jesus Pancakes. And yet, you dare criticize? What kind of a person are you? icon_evil.gif
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved their Alliance member tracking technology and now allows members to view the individual Event scores within an Alliance
    Some alliances will not survive this change.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well one can argue that if an alliance can't survive that, it shouldn't have banded together in the first place.
  • Some very cool additions here. Just wish a leader rank was added to alliances as well but hopefully that will come soon enough
  • IceIX wrote:
    - S.H.I.E.L.D. has improved their Alliance member tracking technology and now allows members to view the individual Event scores within an Alliance
    Oh, You're roleplaying as well? icon_e_wink.gif
  • The Finn
    The Finn Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Oh, You're roleplaying as well? icon_e_wink.gif
    Verily, villian!
  • Am I the only one who looks at this and feels like the SHIELD alliance is getting special features.
  • sounds great.
    but still no alliance member indication in the PVP matchup screen?
  • Pats0132
    Pats0132 Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Before u go into a match click on the players team and it says what alliance it's in.
  • Grazzt wrote:
    sounds great.
    Seriously how difficult is to remember 20 nicknames?
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    sounds great.

Well, I guess it's not only a matter of remembering the names, but having a clear, visual indication that the guy you're joyfully attempting to stomp is your teammate. Personally, I would welcome such a reminder, as I get a bit reckless in the heat of the battle, especially during the last hours of a tourney, when I more often than not rush into fights without any deeper thoughts involved. This has been the cause of losing precious boosts occasionally (because they stayed there from the previous fight, and I forgot clear them, just clicked through), or even failing miserably during a fight, as I forgot to heal a character that got their butt severely kicked. I know it's essentially my fault, but paraphrasing your question, how difficult is it to mark members of my alliance with a different colour?
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah the list of changes seems a bit... poor? ... to say the least...
  • Zifna
    Zifna Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I hope this doesn't start the inevitable kicking and jockeying for members that under or side perform. Alliance's are for community and investments into the future, but not everyone gets that.

You, madam or sir, are an optimistic person. I admire that. But I suspect there will be a lot of kicking.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    why shouldn't there be?
    a 20 person alliance should place within top 50... if not higher...

if 5 people from it get 800-1000 points and the rest about 200 points on average, then something is seriously wrong... you cannot require others to carry you - 400-500 points is not unreasonable to require...

Sure - people may want to tank/put off an event or two now and then or even every other time - but they should be verbose about it and also make up for it in another one... we're all on the same boat - just feasting on others doing all the work is not fair...
  • Does anyone know when this will go live?
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    sounds great.
    When you're trying to hammer down people as fast as possible to avoid those -40 point defensive losses I don't want to (and also I forget to) take time to check for friendly fire!