Board Drop of Death (crash bugs) [Android - Fixed in R133 | Devs Aware]

Options

Comments

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Happened to me about 5 times in the last 2 days.
    The last development was during the Rocket & Groot node.  It crashes as R&G were putting down their strike tiles but still before abilities had fully loaded in. 
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This has gotten really bad on the Steam version since 1 or 2 updates ago. It gets really bad at times and will just keep happening, I just had it crash twice in 10 minutes, same node.

I've lost out on so many placements and other rewards and burned through extra healthpacks for this, I've started building a massive collection of screenshots where I miss out on the placement or progression reward I'm aiming for by 5-10 points because it decided to crash on me 3-4 times in an hour of play, it's getting pretty old...

I've got 89 (EIGHTY NINE!) crash logs for this just from the past few months, surely it can't be THAT hard to reproduce?
  • Twysta
    Options
    Still happening to me a ton, the latest happening just now once again throwing away over 50 points to a seed team in the last minutes of a lightning round.  
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    The development team (tech guys) must read these posts and just laugh while eating cheeseburgers and doughnuts. This crash problem is more than year old with pleas to fix it and nothing being done to fix it. This is the only game I know that can't even fix a simple crash problem. If its too hard hire a outside consultant for help.I crash 2 -4 times now a day.
  • Twysta
    Options
    @Brigby is there any way you can look into getting us some kind of compensation for these crashes?
    I get tons of them, especially during lightning rounds.  Which 'causes me to normally end up missing on a ton of placement prizes.... just lost top 25 again because of a crash to a team worth 19 points... awesome.  
    Every time anyone I know has mailed CS about these crashes and seeing if we can get something back they shun us saying they can't offer anything back... which would be understandable if it were one time random crashes, but they're not... 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've had more of these today than every before. Cost me a ton of Points in Lightning Rounds, and several extra Health Packs in PvE.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Back in my developer days when I had a bug that happened to customers that QA couldn't reproduce, I'd have the code create a log file with tons of telemetry data (like function entry/exit) so I could determine exactly where the crash was occurring. Then customers could send these in. I would gate the log creation with an ini file switch so the logging had to be actively enabled. This way cooperative friendly customers could help quickly stomp on these kind of bugs.

I'd certainly be happy to have this kind of code running on my machine and send in any logs that would help pinpoint crashes...
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options

I came here to write a new thread on this after it happening to me just now but this one serves perfectly.

This happens to me id say 4 times a day. I am on Android. It doesn’t matter if I re start the game each time to refresh, or clear cache or flick between apps or not flick between apps or have nothing running bar mpq or have all of the play store running OR stand on my head. It will just happen.

Now I’m ok with it most of the time as its been going on for so long its like a part of the game but im slightly more miffed then usual seeing as it happened mid shield hop and by the time i log back on…………… oh look ive lost a shed load of points. Total waste of time and HP and coordination with my alliance.

Yes this is a first world problem and yes its just a game but im still annoyed.

COME ON DEVS!!!!  I’m pretty sure there have been lots of example and various other posts on this way back into the old forum. Months and Months of this!

Annoyed.

• Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Not sure how I hadn't seen this thread before, but yeah this issue hits my steam version often enough that it's hard to forgive. Always during the initial board fill. This time I happened to notice that the game actually froze with the top row of tiles in mid-air, so the board hadn't technically finished filling yet.

I understand that the program probably can't differentiate between a crash and a player-initiated force-quit, so the retreat-damage is always there. Maybe it's a feature to encourage the purchase of health packs.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Game has been crashing a lot more in the past week for me.  Right after the board loads it crashes as I'm trying to make my first move and at least half the time it's been when I had a match 5 available.  It crashes before I actually move anything though so I don't know if I'm just unlucky or the match 5 is part of it

• Twysta
    Options
    Yeah at least half the time when it crashes for me I notice a match 5 as well... 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta said:
    Yeah at least half the time when it crashes for me I notice a match 5 as well... 
    What percentage of games start with an available match-5 where it doesn't crash? Or matches in general?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    On steam just now. Playing Gwenpool. Deus Ex Mach... crash. The tile that the gun was to be placed on was sparkling.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I am happy to announce that in ~70 days i will be celebrating a year of app crashing 3+ times per day!

Please fix it.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Twysta said:
    What percentage of games start with an available match-5 where it doesn't crash? Or matches in general?
    I would say at least 75% of the time.
    I wouldn't call it a defining factor.
    Matches ingeneral... it's very streaky, so sometimes I can play a ton of matches before it crashes other times it'll crash straight after I reload the game and go into another fight. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This has really been kicking in hard the last couple of days. I've also had a couple where it crashed right as I tapped to enter the event, which I hadn't seen before. Not as bad in most circumstances, but still frustrating, especially when trying to harvest ISO from Lightning Rounds.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Middle of June now and still this continues, don't usually mind too much on story mode but vs is a real pain 

Trying to get my total above 550 and only a few hours left 

Decided to give up on this one as board drop has just took my points away 

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have noticed that my recent crashes are behaving a little differently. It used to be that the board would drop and about 5 seconds later the app would crash. Now there is a 20 - 30 second delay where everything is frozen before I crash to desktop. So maybe some code related to the crash changed within the last month or so?
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm still experiencing crashes after the board has loaded, usually when I try to select which character I want to target first. It seems to be happening more during PVP fights than PVE, but that could be a coincidence.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Any updates on this? The folder keeps growing and growing, just tell me where to send all the files.