Board Drop of Death (crash bugs) [Android - Fixed in R133 | Devs Aware]

Comments

• steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Does anyone else think it only happens when you click on the enemy to change targets as soon as the board drops, or is that just a false correlation in my head?
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Can you guys send me the info or the CS tickets you have sent info to CS? The more detailed the better!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can send you my mdmp files if you like?
  • Twysta
    Do any reds/devs have an update/progress on this?
    Just had 5 crashes in as many hours.
    twitchy.gif

What's worse is CS refuse to give out compensation for these crashes. meh. icon_e_sad.gif
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Either it is coincidence or something has changed, cause I have only had 1 (one) crash (Steam) since last update. None on Andriod. But may well get five or more tomorrow icon_lol.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB wrote:

NOTE: IOS doesn't support multi-tasking like Android/PC's do. Since IOS users are above are not experiencing the same crashes it points more and more to multi-threading issue which helps support my unsolicited messages from the server.

KGB

You are wrong in this assumption. It is not the same multi-threading AND multi-tasking, they are two completely different things. All iOs applications are multi-threaded and run in more than one core, in fact you can't make assumptions about in which core they are going to run, etc. UI usually runs in one core and other tasks run in a different core, but not always. (All of this is very easy to see when you develop Apps in XCode).

What it is true is that iOs is usually very aggressive closing applications that are in the background (but on iPhone 7 Plus and in 4Gb iPad Pro they leave applications open much more than in older devices), and most applications when they are in the background they don't get any CPU time at all and are basically frozen. Nowadays, Android is a bit more like iOs to also help battery life, but it is still a Unix/Linux system ported to phones. The PC obviously doesn't do any of this.

And yeah I am on iOs, and almost no crashes, it used to a bit more in the past, but not now. And I don't remember any Board of Death crash ever (sometimes before the match started, but I never got to see the board, it crashed on a black screen)
  • Twysta
    I've jsut had it happen 2 more times since last post. :/
    From top 8 in LR to only top 100. icon_e_sad.gif
    Always happens as the board drops but before abilities load in.
    I'm probably due about 20 heroic tokens and at least 20,000 iso just from LR crashes.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I started my big PVP rise this morning... to a board drop of death icon_cry.gif
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    This has happened to me a few time recently. Well it hasn’t stopped really. However. Had one time today where I was 2/3rds of a way through a match about to flex all the powers of truth I had accumulated and POW! Exit game. Android.

Id provide screenshots but it would just be of my home screen on my phone because that's where I end up.

It’s part of the game now but this is the first time I’ve had it mid match. It’s usually in the beginning. It was particularly annoying as I was pushing for 900 and needed the points on this match to get there and during the time I was reloading I got hit.

It was in Magneto PVP. My team. Loki and OML. Their team She Thor and IM40.

Annoying.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    its not only PC issue, it happens on android too, recently swapping app started rebooting app as well, initially on my tablet and later on on my phone as well, but at least i can control swaps, crashing app while not being able to play a single turn is not fun...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It happened again today, during PVE!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I'm 11th in same pvp I mentioned a few posts up. Need 30 to sneak top 10 in last 5 mins. Got a match lined up. Oml and loki for me v she thor and ant man for them. Board drops. Crashes I'm out of the game. I've now got 4 mins to reload the game and find another higher point candidate as I've lost points and hope I've not been hit in the mean time as I'm now unshielded.

COME ON D3!!!!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted I have no idea what you're talking about because I have no idea what you're talking about. I've heard people use this phrase, but never seen anyone explain what they mean by it. Reasonably certain I haven't experienced in my year of play regardless...
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Just happened on 3rd ddq node
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    I voted I have no idea what you're talking about because I have no idea what you're talking about. I've heard people use this phrase, but never seen anyone explain what they mean by it. Reasonably certain I haven't experienced in my year of play regardless...

You enter a fight. The tiles drop to set up the board. Game crashes before you can play your first move.
    This is what we call Board Drop of Death in my understanding
  • Twysta
    Happened to me twice today. Losing over 40 points to seed teams in the last 10 mins of a lightning round is not cool.
    There goes my LR placement rewards.
  • Twysta
    Yeah so that's at least 6-7 times now since a day and a half ago.
    I can't even get through seeds in LR's without my game crashing.
    Fix your tinykitty game demiurge. icon_mad.gif
  • Twysta
    Just lost another 40 points to a seed team. icon_mad.gif
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I guess this has been enhanced recently, happened to me twice in one hour. I can't recall it ever happening more then once a day before. I just love this feature, devs can we get this to happen more often please. It makes the game so much more enjoyable.
    I figure if we ask it to be more broke they will actually look at the code. If I was still a programmer and this was happening to a client, I would be fired. Just plain old bad programming is what this is.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Need an option of "They Don't Care about steam users".