Board Drop of Death (crash bugs) [Android - Fixed in R133 | Devs Aware]

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good to know this is prevalent everywhere. This happens to me 2-3 times per day, for no rhyme or reason. The characters used don't matter, the type of play (versus or story or LR) doesn't matter, the number of matches before the crash is inconsistent, whether you've just restarted the app doesn't matter, whether you've just rebooted your phone doesn't matter. You'll be going along, start a fight, tiles drop in, all play freezes for 2-5 seconds, then the app shuts off. It is by far the most unreliable app on my phone, unless you count the fact that I can rely on it to crash multiple times a day. So @Brigby and @Tombstone, we've done all we can as your user base. This is a widespread problem, and it would be nice to see the developers prioritize this fix.

Phone. Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

• Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's happening at least once a day with me at the moment. It used to be once or twice in a fortnight. Two weeks ago it happened seven times in two days.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm also experiencing this crash at least once a day, also I think the D3 servers might have had some issues this weekend, because there were lots of breaks and errors in the game.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had my personal record of 3 crashes in a couple of hours during SIm PVE. Usually I have that amount in a week.
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's increased in frequency for me as well.  Getting health pack punished because the game is unstable is just unfair.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can normally rely on the game to crash at least once during my PvE grind (per day) and once every 2nd or so PvP climb.
    And at least twice a day during LR's.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alkyoneus said:
    I have this happen several times a week, and every time it's happened when there's a match-5 available on the board. I think there's something to that, but that may be confirmation bias on my part. Attempting to fit a symptom to an unrelated problem.
    One of my Alliance members recently commented about this, and when he mentioned it I realized my recent BDDs had also been when there was a Match 5. But it's not always when a Match 5 is present, or at least the Match 5 isn't causing the BDD because I have occasionally had my first turn too quick and made a Match 4 only to see the AI also make a Match 4 but where I could have made a Match 5.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    So, a year plus almost a month has passed since these beautiful crashes started happening daily.

I had the fun to check out the stickied note about bugs @Tombstone has so kindly and informatively made, in which i can't reply.

I was laughing out loud when i saw that regarding BDoD, status was: Cannot recreate.

Like, really??? Everyone here experiences these crashes daily, people that play on PCs have offered to send their dump data, and you can't recreate? Have someone play the game. Like he's trying for progression rewards of all modes daily. He'll recreate it.
  • LambadaDave
    Options
    This is listed as being fixed for Android users in the next release!!  Yay!!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I know it's only been a day since the R133 update was released, but I just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Anyone encounter the "Board Drop of Death" yet on Android?
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I know it's only been a day since the R133 update was released, but I just wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Anyone encounter the "Board Drop of Death" yet on Android?
    I had this issue daily or worse for a long time. In the last week, I haven't had a single crash. Working well on my end.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have not seen it for a while neither on steam nor on android 
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Haven't had it happen yet, and I've had a couple of matches start with a match 5 on the Board. By jove, I think you've done it!
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Brigby
    I still hold my hopes low, cause you know, it's been 13 months, but till now i've had 0 crashes... Hopefully they managed to fix that horrible bug...

Gonna keep crossing my fingers :)

I am guessing that there won't be any kind of compensation for those 1200+ matches (and the iso, boosts, healthpacks and placements - (covers, iso, hp, cp) ) lost due to the bug?
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Another Android user who's cautously hopeful :)
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    update from a steam user: no crashes since july 31st.
  • LambadaDave
    Options
    Add me to the list of Android users that are carefully optimistic.  No sudden drops since the update for me as an Android user.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Maybe you can't give us this info, but just curious, did the starting match-5 have anything to do with it?
    Anyways, Steam user and have not had a crash since July.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @nyark Unfortunately I don't know the intricacies of the fix for Android, but I'm glad to hear that so far no one is encountering the crash!