Board Drop of Death (crash bugs) [Android - Fixed in R133 | Devs Aware]

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    exit77 said:
    I am on android and get the drop of death about 3 times a day. Recently it happened 3 times in 10 minutes so, I sent a ticket. This was a mistake. I was accused of cheating and was told that i must have a defective device.
    Hi @exit77. I took a look at the ticket you submitted. Feel free to message me personally if you'd like to discuss your interaction with customer support further. I'd be happy to sort things out with you.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arghh... two times today on the same Heavy Metal node. It's crazy!  :(
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can barely get through 2 seed teams in LR's without it crashing right now :/ 
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    r130 has been crashing a ton for me as well on Android. Are there are crash reports the app creates that we can post or send to CS?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I've also noticed an uptick in crashes since the latest release. I can't even get through the seeds in an LR without it crashing. It even crashed the app just entering the LR this afternoon after the data push.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to also chime in, I'm on android and i get a BDOD every other day. Just today I got one during my pvp hop. Needless to say, it's extremely frustrating given the app takes forever to start as well. We actually lose placements and points! This has been going on for a very very long time and still no fix to it.
  • Hissori
    Hissori Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I'm crashing about 1/50 boards. Soon as I enter tile screen and tiles set I crash out of game. On Android. Has happening more often past 2 weeks. Extremely frustrating when happens during a final shield hop and out of lives. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I just wanted to stop by and provide a friendly reminder that the developers are in fact aware of this issue, and still trying to identify the exact reasoning for this crash. As you can imagine, even just based on the variety of different scenarios players have listed in this thread, that it's rather tricky being able to find consistent reproduction steps.

If any of you are able to identify reliable reproduction steps, then please send me a message with that information, and I will forward it along to the developers. Thanks!
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Just dropped in. I'll be celebrating today the 1 year of 3+ daily game crashes in this game. Join me!

Brigby said:

If any of you are able to identify reliable reproduction steps, then please send me a message with that information, and I will forward it along to the developers. Thanks!

Brigby, there are no reproduction steps here. The game crashes when entering a fight, before the 1st match is made. Only thing i've noticed is that if you try to make that 3match fast, it won't respond as if you didn't try (no freezing or such).

In a different post i had made, it appears that this may be tied in to the game's update into a new version somewhere between R74 and R79 if i recall correctly.
  • Twysta
    It's still very prevalent for me during LR's.  Which is really annoying because it costs me my seed teams AND placement rewards 
  • Twysta
    edited July 2017
    Thanks to another late late LR crash I just went from top 50 to top 250. 
    3* teams must love me when I'm constantly dropping them 50-60 points. 
    Times like these really make me just want to stop playing. 

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    exit77 said:
    I am on android and get the drop of death about 3 times a day. Recently it happened 3 times in 10 minutes so, I sent a ticket. This was a mistake. I was accused of cheating and was told that i must have a defective device.
    Thats a great blame the victim defense.
    Par for the course unfortunately.  I've been sending responses back and forth with CS on this issue for a while now and the basic gist of their response is too bad so sad.  Then they blame my device for overheating or having too much memory tied up neither of which is relevant or true.  
  • uzumaki_naruto
    uzumaki_naruto Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I have noticed an increase in crashes on my android device since R130 (starting with the Peggy PVP which I believe was around the same time). Been getting 2-3 crashes every day as compared 1-2 a *week* previously (No change to my device or OS)

As others have mentioned, there are no fixed steps to reproduce - it just freezes and crashes. Initially I thought this may have been due to Peggy's animation, but it has continued for different enemies. Has happened in DDQ, PVE and PVP.

(The only consistent reproducible step for me has been to # around 900 and try to hop to get to 1200 only to see the game crash and points lost :'( )
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I'm having this issue more frequently lately, it's happening a minimum of 3 times a day and in all types of play (DPD, pvp, pve, even seed teams in LR's). 

Glad to see the devs are at least aware, hoping for a quick fix!

I play on Steam/pc.

I'm sure this is just coincidence but it always feels like I see a 5 match on the board before it crashes. I'm probably just paranoid but it's worth noting if that's the issue!
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Esheris said:
    I'm having this issue more frequently lately, it's happening a minimum of 3 times a day and in all types of play (DPD, pvp, pve, even seed teams in LR's). 

Glad to see the devs are at least aware, hoping for a quick fix!

I play on Steam/pc.

I'm sure this is just coincidence but it always feels like I see a 5 match on the board before it crashes. I'm probably just paranoid but it's worth noting if that's the issue!
    This thread was started over 7 months ago, and it was not a new problem then. Fortunately for me I rarely play PVP, so when I get hit by it, a couple of times per week, all it costs me is a little time and a little health. I think it's a problem that they can't nail down the cause of, or one that the cause is so embedded in the game that fixing it would involve a major rework, so I wouldn't count on a quick fix.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I experience BDOD pretty much daily. I've had my second or third one within 24 hours. It would be great if health packs were issued to players who routinely face this issue but I'm sure that's just part of the selling point of VIP. I'm not trying to be rude but it's really annoying that this has been going on for so long.
  • Talus9952
    Talus9952 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Latest crash just dropped my points in the lightning round to below T100.  I can't imagine people losing placement in bigger events like feature pvp, etc.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's been hitting me way more the last couple of days. It's usually a couple of times a week, but lately it's been up to a couple per day.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Same here, several times a day...
  • finlanderboy
    finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Every update seems to make it worse