** Black Widow (Original) ** [PRE 2014-06]

Options

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Telepath wrote:
    If I had my druthers, I'd see a 3* Silver Surfer with heal and protect tile generation (space hippie that he is) and a 2* Scarlet Witch with a heal and maybe some tile swapping/conversion.

Yeah, she'd need three powers. A heal, a tile swap/convert, and a "destroy everything as you know it" power icon_e_wink.gif

Just make it a passive called 'No More Mutants'. No mutant abilities other than Wanda's can be used.
  • bonfire01 wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:
    And if we have the lonestar tournament and add Thor to the pool how many ppl would use Thor....

You miss the context, someone here made statement that OBW's health is meh even for a *star arena.

Ahh ok, well I guess Jugger and venom have more health than her but her health isn't all that bad. the Hood makes her look tanky!

If you play her with * it's safe to assume at least 1 antigravity so effective health is over 4k. My experience in last Thor showed either a recon or a heal is due for majority of games and both in like half. Using 2x100+ team. But it's okay, you can even play on it. Without your on OBW to counter it the 1-stealing of blue and purple is kinda serious. With the *s I'd expect way more trouble and her mates sit on enough AP you won't be happy even if drag it through. icon_e_wink.gif
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Now seriously, suppose we have the *star tournament again but OBW added to the pool -- what is your estimate on teams using OBW? If ignore the set of people not having her I go with the 100% estimate.

Brilliance logic. And how adding ** character to * pool heroes refers to the possibility defeat this character? icon_lol.gif
    Viorala wrote:
    Heh. Actually I've always wondered, since that was her original outfit, did they change it because it was too close to Black Canary's and DC was getting a bit feisty or was it because it was outdated for the 70's or just for general practicality's sake?
    Nope. icon_e_biggrin.gif

03b198d3f1446986c182912cda773103.jpeg

By the way, it's official comics from X-Men: First Class series.
  • Hah! Nice, thanks for that.
  • Actually I've always wondered, since that was her original outfit, did they change it because it was too close to Black Canary's and DC was getting a bit feisty or was it because it was outdated for the 70's or just for general practicality's sake?
    The original Black Widow costume design is a mess (it's from very early in the Marvel era, plus an artist who just wasn't as good a character designer as Kirby or Ditko), but it looks stranger here because it clashes with the hyperglossy style the game is illustrated in. It got replaced fairly quickly by a catsuit design which is close to the Modern Widow one.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:
    And if we have the lonestar tournament and add Thor to the pool how many ppl would use Thor....

You miss the context, someone here made statement that OBW's health is meh even for a *star arena.

Ahh ok, well I guess Jugger and venom have more health than her but her health isn't all that bad. the Hood makes her look tanky!

My Hood is sporting 4350 HP, She is squishy in comparason
  • Clint wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:
    bonfire01 wrote:

My Hood is sporting 4350 HP, She is squishy in comparason

He does need a lot more levels to do that though. IIRC he only overtakes an 85 OBW at about lvl 100
  • Dayraven wrote:
    Actually I've always wondered, since that was her original outfit, did they change it because it was too close to Black Canary's and DC was getting a bit feisty or was it because it was outdated for the 70's or just for general practicality's sake?
    The original Black Widow costume design is a mess (it's from very early in the Marvel era, plus an artist who just wasn't as good a character designer as Kirby or Ditko), but it looks stranger here because it clashes with the hyperglossy style the game is illustrated in. It got replaced fairly quickly by a catsuit design which is close to the Modern Widow one.

Interesting. I like the catsuit and it makes sense, but honestly the fishnets work nicely with the spider motif so I wondered why they dropped them entirely. Except I knew Black Canary used them first.

I'm not one of those people who think practicality should be the priority in comics costumes, I think themes and colors for superpowered spandex wearers is more important on the page, as long as they make allowances for body types, as in a bandeau top for big **** would be ridiculous, etc.. Obviously different for the movies. Psylocke's costume doesn't make sense at all (does she put each armband and legband on separately...?) but I love the look, it's very 80's comics ninja.

I'd apologize again for going off topic some more but this thread is dumb anyway.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Telepath wrote:
    KaioShinDE wrote:

Wasp alone during the original Avengers had like 15 different looks. And was just during the ~150 issues I read of it so far...

That was part of her charm though... she was supposed to be this jet-setting socialite. She simply couldn't defeat a super villain with the same outfit twice!

If they released Wasp as a 3* I'd totally built my entire team around her. icon_redface.gif
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Could somebody give me 25 likes JUST so I can dislike this post?
    (Yes, it's that bad.)
  • NO! No tanking forum MMR!
  • You need to deny purple from her. That's all there is to it. Just like you do it against Venom, Moonstone or Magneto Marvel Now. And kill her as soon as possible. Kill AP thieves first.
  • She doesn't have 1 hit KO skill. I think she is ok. Anyway, there are better characters to use. I don't use my lvl 85 widow anymore now.
  • finwe wrote:
    Marquoz wrote:
    The only 2* character my 3* team doesn't like to see is Ares.

Why that? Your Patch should love his green and has enough health to tank anything he throws at you.

He's the hardest to kill and most damaging 2* character. Sunder can be nasty. And I never said he was a threat, just that he was the strongest of the 2*'s. All the rest are pushovers, and OBW is one of the easiest to take out.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nihilium wrote:
    I really dont get what ppl want to nerf about a character with NO REAL OFFENSIVE SKILL.
    To not make her OK they already gave her no attks, so now u want to take away her some HP too? o.o

Imho its not her thats the problem but the lack of alternatives.
    Give us 2-3 more 2star support characters and ppl will replace her. I mean u just dont need 3 chars with red&green skills, so any change is actually awesome. But in lack of alternatives everyone runs their team with her.

WTH is everyone thinking 2* characters have to be completely useless anyway? o.o

+1

Seriously, this vilification is so stupid. She's one of only TWO valid support characters, why the hell wouldn't you use her? The answer is more support characters, not to **** the ones we have.

Apart from Spidey's blue, of course.
  • SirKopath wrote:
    Am I the only one who sees OBW and thinks, sweet, a team with a 3K health character? easy points

Yeah really... My teams really only have 2 star ability. The simple strategy is target her first and don't let her get purple or blue. Seriously my best cover is Modern Hawkeye, and I don't have problems dispatching a level 85 OBW.
  • Marquoz wrote:
    finwe wrote:
    Marquoz wrote:
    The only 2* character my 3* team doesn't like to see is Ares.

Why that? Your Patch should love his green and has enough health to tank anything he throws at you.

He's the hardest to kill and most damaging 2* character. Sunder can be nasty. And I never said he was a threat, just that he was the strongest of the 2*'s. All the rest are pushovers, and OBW is one of the easiest to take out.

It's really "fun" when you miss the pace and he happens to get the 10 reds just before snuff it. sending quite a punch to all your team. Even better if he also uses Sunder knocking himself out but leaving behind the counter for another hit.
  • OBW isn't that scary to face as others have said, deny her purple and shes really not a threat. Same as dealing with alot of other characters, play strategically. Match Red before Juggs does, don't match green against Daken. There are various things to bear in mind, OBW is no different.

I am getting alot of success with Magneto MN and CStorm combo and OBW is easy because i have a use for the purple. If it's possible i try to get her down below the level of CStorm's Wind Storm damage and then switch to attack somebody else. By the time Magneto has gained enough blue for CStorm i sometimes down 2 of the enemy team in one go.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed OBW via the AI has been getting harder to play against?
  • pasa_ wrote:
    grimeon wrote:
    Isn't that a sign that there's a problem? If only OBW can beat OBW, that means that everyone who has her, plays her.

I don't see the problem. If you unroll the advice, it is really not about using your OBW but using whatever purple char at hand -- as in the match you will need to pick purples and without a user it's suboptimal play. Say in latest Thor tournament I was not using OBW while most teams had her, but hardly a problem with CMags.

Meanwhile underuse of purple in the game characters is indeed a problem -- to be handled by addition.

As a two star player I find there are many boards where matching purples just to deny OBW actually allows her to charge her recon faster because she can now use espionage against me.
This discussion has been closed.