*** Human Torch (Classic) ***

Comments

• Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Also just tried Torch. Looks interesting. The CD tile that Flame Jet produces damages the target 14 multiplied by the number of green AP you have. I used Flame Jet after getting 8 AP, which left me 3 green AP. It dealt 42 damage after the turn. Haven't tried Inferno though but I like him already. I'm excited to use him on the heroic Venom.

EDIT: Just tried Inferno twice and it only produced 5 and 6 attack tiles. I guess it's random? Since the description say it's "up to 8". Also, the Flame Jet CD tile doesn't go away after depleting green. Sorry if it's already posted somewhere.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 684 Critical Contributor
    Inferno seems to only convert basic color tiles in the same circular pattern every time. Just make sure those tiles are ready before you cast it.

I'm guessing the best build will depend on if you want to use Flame Jet or not. If you use it seriously then you have to give up any other green ability that doesn't end the game.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Inferno seems to only convert basic color tiles in the same circular pattern every time. Just make sure those tiles are ready before you cast it.

I'm guessing the best build will depend on if you want to use Flame Jet or not. If you use it seriously then you have to give up any other green ability that doesn't end the game.

Cool. It does make the same circular pattern. Just cleared the middle circle and I was able to convert 8 tiles.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Alliance member has a lvl 89 torch with 3 black.
    8x attack tiles at 92 damage each. Increases to 114 damage at lvl 4. Wow.
  • Any casher who maxed out Human Torch already wanna post stats?
  • Dear sandboxers, please post lvl 141 info for us all, Ty.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Just tried him out and he has some sweet attack animations. Fireball gives you red ap and Inferno places the tiles in a circular pattern in the middle of the board. So if some of those tiles in the circle aren't basic tiles you get less strike tiles.

As for the character I don't know how I feel about him. He doesn't really play nicely with anyone. He wan'ts a strike tile generator but the only one he works with is Black Panther and BPs black move is just going to be better then Inferno. His Health is pathetically low making him pretty useless in PvP.

Don't see why I would use him over say Patch. I would really like to see some new color combination characters with some different types of moves in the colors. We have enough characters with a red move that just does damage and nothing else. We need more moves like Mistress of the Elements.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    Fireball getting AP back is a great bonus. Attacks that disrupt the board are also generally good.
    Inferno feels like an update on Modern Storm's black ability.
    Flame Jet is a disguised attack tile ability. If the timer is increased (by OBW or The Hood or some other bag) does it still cost AP on turns when it doesn't go off? Also, I'm assuming that strike tiles will add to its damage.
  • Our Alliance member Colognoissier has put some bucks into HT and here is some info:

Red 5 (@ level 105) 2246 dmg destroys 2 tiles

Black 3 : converts 8 tiles to strike tiles that do 104 dmg each turn

Green 3: 124 dmg for every green AP. max dmg 1300

HP 3808

AP costs all remain the same.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    I kinda like him, its just absolutely sad he uses exactly the same colors as punisher :/
    If theyd given him atleast a yellow skill... *sigh*
  • Oh forgot to mention only 3.0x crit on this character seems really off.
  • Conceptually, this character at least make sense. A character with low HP should be doing more damage. It's hard to see if it's too much damage without seeing his level 141 stats, though he definitely should do more damage than guys with 5800 HP by the virtue of having less HPs.
  • Top8Gamer wrote:
    Oh forgot to mention only 3.0x crit on this character seems really off.

That might actually be there to balance his ability damage being very high.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    nihilium wrote:
    I kinda like him, its just absolutely sad he uses exactly the same colors as punisher :/

He is Spider-man's friend so they gave him complementary colors icon_e_smile.gif
  • OzarkBoatswain
    Red and green only get damage increases. I'm looking at Jachdo's profile in the S.H.I.E.L.D team.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    nihilium wrote:

He is Spider-man's friend so they gave him complementary colors icon_e_smile.gif

He's also Invisible Woman's brother. He'll go very well beside walkyourpath's 179 IW, who can make him invulnerable and put up a huge protect tile.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Is it just me or does his green seem very powerful? Looks like it could do over 2k damage per turn. Team him up with 3* daken for free strike tiles to boost damage.
  • I feel robbed... I was expecting classic Human Torch, none of this 3rd issue remake ****...

Human_Torch_appearance.jpg
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos wrote:
    Is it just me or does his green seem very powerful? Looks like it could do over 2k damage per turn. Team him up with 3* daken for free strike tiles to boost damage.

Add The Hood and watch the green go off twice per turn
  • Thanos wrote:

That's not as powerful as it looks because green is one of the strongest attack color already, so if you're sitting on a large amount of green AP, pretty much anyone else can turn it into a large amount of damage anyway. Of course it should still be more damage overall, but you do take the risk of having the tile destroyed.

Edit: to get the maximum damage per turn requires 14 green (5 to use and 9 remaining). That's enough for a Call the Storm, which also does a ton of damage and cannot be stopped. Obviously the tile can do more damage over the long run, but green has very competitive options for 14g so I think the damage it does is fair.