Good luck with Thanos

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    I changed my Lv 179 Patch to 3/5/5 and it was basically deny purple/green, collect 14 red & win. I got a green 5* Thanos. I'm not sure how my inhumans and villians will fare, but so far so good against the Mad Titan...

Has it been officially announced that Inhumans will be one of the groups? If so, that will be a rough one for me too. My best bet would probably be my 1/1/1 Black Bolt, and just hope to skate by on the passive damage. Medusa may have a chance at 3/2/3, but wouldn't be fun. I don't think Quake at 1/3/2 could cut it.

Purely a guess on my part; nothing official. I don't know the comics at all, but KK could be with the All New Avengers (Thoress, Flaptaon,X-23, 4* Hawkeye, etc) right?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:
    I changed my Lv 179 Patch to 3/5/5 and it was basically deny purple/green, collect 14 red & win. I got a green 5* Thanos. I'm not sure how my inhumans and villians will fare, but so far so good against the Mad Titan...

Has it been officially announced that Inhumans will be one of the groups? If so, that will be a rough one for me too. My best bet would probably be my 1/1/1 Black Bolt, and just hope to skate by on the passive damage. Medusa may have a chance at 3/2/3, but wouldn't be fun. I don't think Quake at 1/3/2 could cut it.

Purely a guess on my part; nothing official. I don't know the comics at all, but KK could be with the All New Avengers (Thoress, Flaptaon,X-23, 4* Hawkeye, etc) right?
    I think all New Avengers would be ChoHulk, Nova Thoress and Kate Bishop
    X-23 is part of All New X-Men (and was also in Avengers Academy)
  • SummerGlau
    the only inhuman who would likely be both eligible and have a chance is a champ'ed quake
    since it seems to go one 3 star and two 4's
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    the only inhuman who would likely be both eligible and have a chance is a champ'ed quake
    since it seems to go one 3 star and two 4's

That would be a tough matchup. Characters with strong aoe's as their best offensive attack tend to be weak in 1v1 fights (c.f. JG). And Thanos' purple will negate Quake's blue completely. On the bright side, she would protect against thanos's green. But since you will likely be chasing green for earthqauke, thanos is less likely to use his green. . .
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    With a champed Mr. Fantastic and max-covered Invisible Woman and Thing (each with a cover in the queue), am I the only one hoping that the Fantastic Four get a swing at Thanos? icon_e_biggrin.gif

If the vault order holds true, then the Inhumans match-up is going to be a challenge for most players I expect. We have Black Bolt (5*s probably not eligible?), Medusa (too new), Quake (AOE vs. a single opponent), and Kamala (AOE vs. a single opponent AND no teammates). The best bet might be to use KK with a couple Quake TUs and (lol) critical boosts.

For the Avengers (since Steve is in the vault), we're at least going to get a blend of old and All-New. Steve's the 3* representative, but the 4 tier has plenty to choose from.

Villains: Venom, Carnage, Fisk, and Red Hulk at the 4 tier, and Doom in the vault as the 3*. I only have Carny champed among the 4*s, my Rulk is unusable with one green, Venom is totally undercovered, and Fisk is max-covered though only at level 142. Might be a job for Doom with a stockpile of purple.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, pretty sure my 4/5/0 Doom is going to crush it.

Oh, wait. Did I say "it"? I meant himself. Quickly.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well Quake, Medusa and Kamala are the inhumans that can be used.

I have a champed Quake and it was tough. Green is not an issue, because of Quake's yellow so Purple is the key. If Thanos fires it just with his match damage he can easily kill you. I nedeed to fire green twice, and not let Thanos do any match-4, every one of those is 1k+ damage, and then destroy all purple with Quake's blue.

AoE chars really suffer in 1vs1 fights.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    Well Quake, Medusa and Kamala are the inhumans that can be used.

I have a champed Quake and it was tough. Green is not an issue, because of Quake's yellow so Purple is the key. If Thanos fires it just with his match damage he can easily kill you. I nedeed to fire green twice, and not let Thanos do any match-4, every one of those is 1k+ damage, and then destroy all purple with Quake's blue.

AoE chars really suffer in 1vs1 fights.

Yeah. 2 single attack AoE characters and a 3rd most people won't have covered well and has no offensive moves. Going to be a rough one.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's was the toughest yet. Neither Quake nor Medusa have enough to be useful so I was forced to use 186 KHAAAAAANN! She's a great character againist a team, but sucks pretty bad 1 v 1. Had to use liberal amounts of boosts and some luck. Beat him on the 4th try starting with 2 green and 2 purple and boosting all color match damage 100%. It was still skin of the teeth.

Purple Reign was kind to me again though. Got my second Thano5. That's 2 for 3 now.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:

Purple Reign was kind to me again though. Got my second Thano5. That's 2 for 3 now.

13 pulls already and 0 Thanos. I hate you all lucky bastards icon_razz.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted all damage 100% and black/purple 50% and won on the third try on mobile. Respec to 3/5/5 was necessary. Token yielded Ghost Rider green. Steam account is shaking its fist.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I beat him on the second try with my level 197 Kamala. Used +2 bp +2gb and five +20% match damage. Tough but doable. Should've beaten the enchilada first and got the extra Kamala cover for a little extra breathing room but oh well. icon_lol.gif Got a blue Wasp for my trouble. icon_cry.gif
  • I used +AP (green, purple, all), but couldn´t kill him with Kamala. His black match damge is so annoying, 500+. I was able to fire her green two times, but at least he had still 3000 life and Kamala was dead (because of match damage only!). Quake is 1/1/5 and Medusa 0/1/1, so I didn´t try with them. So no token, the characters who are available today are really bad for me. icon_evil.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    SeraphimLP wrote:
    I used +AP (green, purple, all), but couldn´t kill him with Kamala. His black match damge is so annoying, 500+. I was able to fire her green two times, but at least he had still 3000 life and Kamala was dead (because of match damage only!). Quake is 1/1/5 and Medusa 0/1/1, so I didn´t try with them. So no token, the characters who are available today are really bad for me. icon_evil.gif

AP boosts aren't going to be super helpful. You need too many Embiggened Bashes to take him down, and those boosts will only accelerate you toward one of them. If you're championed, respec her to 3/5/5 so that her damage ability and her battery are both max efficiency. Use match damage boosts, because you're going to be damaging him that way far more often than you are abilities. green/black and all are the way to go, I think, because the goal is that her purple will create green match-5+ for you, so not only will you hopefully be gathering lots of green, but the boosts to damage (particularly green) will hurt him more before you bop him with your fists.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 5-6 tries my Lv 179 3/5/5 KK got it done using 100% all, 50% G/B and 50% P/B boosts--and I'm genuinely surprised I won this one. Other than denying purple, it's basically blind luck. Denying green is much less important than I expected as you have green generation to match the countdown tile away. I got a purple 4Pool for my troubles.

Oh well, as I likely won't be posting much for a few days, Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays all!
  • SummerGlau
    180 KK
    +2 P/B
    +2 all AP
    +100% Match
    2 tries and I'm basically all out of match boosts (3 left)
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Quake TU with my KK definitely helped a lot - did 8K damage right there.
  • biryon
    biryon Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    ...You can use teamups for these? Wish I had known that before. I assumed they'd all be restricted like the regular crashes. So teamups will work as long as it's one of the other 2 allowed characters?
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    biryon wrote:
    ...You can use teamups for these? Wish I had known that before. I assumed they'd all be restricted like the regular crashes. So teamups will work as long as it's one of the other 2 allowed characters?

yes.
  • SummerGlau
    Steve Rogers won
    as I posted in the other related thread
    I Could target his Purple CD with Peacemaker because it stuns him first, but not Star Spangled Avenger