Good luck with Thanos

Comments

• Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Got buried first time. Used R&G, but did not matter as his first move triggered a massive cascade that produced FOUR match 5s. Beat him on my third try. My Iceman and JG are pretty good, so I think I will be in not terrible shape for X-men. My Avengers could be in trouble.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I wasn't sure what to expect, but my 177 Groot did it on the first try- never got low enough for my healing to trigger, and I even whiffed a green because I didn't notice that Thanos had put his purple down the turn before. Whoops!
    All it took was one blue activation, and Thanos just died from match damage like four turns later.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    I also used R&G. Mine is at level 202 but I used +all AP x2, +Green/Black AP x2 and 50% damage boost for G/B. Thanos actually got two purple tiles out during the match but I managed to pull it off with only 1095 points left and never even got a yellow match in to regen.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shmoe50 wrote:
    Got buried first time. Used R&G, but did not matter as his first move triggered a massive cascade that produced FOUR match 5s. Beat him on my third try. My Iceman and JG are pretty good, so I think I will be in not terrible shape for X-men. My Avengers could be in trouble.

Patch may have the easiest time of all X-Men because best there is will do massive damage (all non team-up tiles will bear his icon after all) and he regens most of Thanos' match damage
    plus you can have Berserker Rage not create strike tiles if activated while Thanos' purple is out
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second day is open, but I can just use 4 Cyclops, Jean and Patch. No iceman or ProfX (or other Wolverine versions) or Physlocke or Colossus etc.

Very easy for me, my 307 level Cyclops completely obliterated Thanos icon_razz.gif
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, Thanos was just completely swatted away by Cyclops without breaking a sweat. I wouldn't mind if all crashes were as easy as the first two days of this event. Don't really understand why these 3 only though, when there are a number of other X-Men available in game...

Strangely both LTs from this event netted me red Nova covers. If I draw a 3rd one tomorrow I'll be pretty upset since the last cover put him at 5/5/2
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I changed my Lv 179 Patch to 3/5/5 and it was basically deny purple/green, collect 14 red & win. I got a green 5* Thanos. I'm not sure how my inhumans and villians will fare, but so far so good against the Mad Titan...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also noticed something today that might help. You can use team-ups from characters if that character is allowed in the fight! My 4* Cyclops got to bring along a Patch teamup today. Request Patch, Teen Jean and Cyclops teamups from your alliance mates.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    I also noticed something today that might help. You can use team-ups from characters if that character is allowed in the fight! My 4* Cyclops got to bring along a Patch teamup today. Request Patch, Teen Jean and Cyclops teamups from your alliance mates.

Thank you for this! I had no idea. I'll be sure to pass this along to my alliance.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

Thank you for this! I had no idea. I'll be sure to pass this along to my alliance.

Summer Glau pointed this out earlier on this thread. It rocks. If I had known I probably would have brought along Drax the first time and used his purple.

I brought along Jean with two "Berserker Rage" and a "Called Shot" TUs. Once I got enough for purple, I collected TUs, fired off "Berserker Rage" and then "Mind over Matter." It was pretty awful for the Mad Titan. icon_e_smile.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shmoe50 wrote:

Patch may have the easiest time of all X-Men because best there is will do massive damage (all non team-up tiles will bear his icon after all) and he regens most of Thanos' match damage
    plus you can have Berserker Rage not create strike tiles if activated while Thanos' purple is out

This ^ I tried first with my 4/2/3 188 Jean and failed. Second try was 184 patch and it was no contest. Pretty easy win. Fired my Red with him at like 80% and that killed him (no strike tiles in play)
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    On noticing that Jean was eligible, she'd been the plan, but after reading this thread, I realized it might be a trap. Color overlap, yes, but if he got that purple CD out, her purple power wouldn't be able to remove it (and if purple and green were out at the same time...eep) and her green wouldn't be able to drop friendly tiles.

Tried Patch after reading this thread. Yowza.

Token yielded FalCap's 13th cover, making him my 5th fully-covered 4*.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax wrote:
    I changed my Lv 179 Patch to 3/5/5 and it was basically deny purple/green, collect 14 red & win. I got a green 5* Thanos. I'm not sure how my inhumans and villians will fare, but so far so good against the Mad Titan...

Has it been officially announced that Inhumans will be one of the groups? If so, that will be a rough one for me too. My best bet would probably be my 1/1/1 Black Bolt, and just hope to skate by on the passive damage. Medusa may have a chance at 3/2/3, but wouldn't be fun. I don't think Quake at 1/3/2 could cut it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Cyclops stomped him this morning. Got yellow out before his purple, collected red and TU, combined forces still does damage even if it doesn't destroy a row.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    ZootSax wrote:

Has it been officially announced that Inhumans will be one of the groups? If so, that will be a rough one for me too. My best bet would probably be my 1/1/1 Black Bolt, and just hope to skate by on the passive damage. Medusa may have a chance at 3/2/3, but wouldn't be fun. I don't think Quake at 1/3/2 could cut it.
    Bolt is pretty unlikely to be a choice since 450+s will just obliterate a 270 Thanos. My money would be on KK, Quake, and I guess Medusa though she's unlikely to be well covered by many.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Ah, Patch. Slicing through Titans like a hot knife through butter.

Spiderwoman today. If it had been another Carnage I might have cried.
  • 11rileyj
    11rileyj Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    firethorne wrote:

I'm hoping KK will be in any possible Inhumans mix. She's the only one I have that is close to usable for this.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    11rileyj wrote:
    firethorne wrote:

I'm hoping KK will be in any possible Inhumans mix. She's the only one I have that is close to usable for this.

Look in the "Crash of the Made Titan" vault, just past the 3* Thanos cover - it shows the characters in the order in which they will be featured (given away from "The Big Enchilada,") and their "sort" is featured in the "Crash" node.

Rocket and Groot
    Patch
    Kamala
    Doom
    Steve Rogers

So yeah, it looks like the order will be Guardians, X-Men, Inhumans, Villains, Avengers. They'll almost certainly keep the current pattern and have it be one 3* and two 4*s.

Are there any other 4* Inhumans other than Quake and Medusa? Medusa's going to suuuuuuuuuck....
  • Did take up a lil efforts.. but won on 5th-6th attempt.
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    My Patch is too low level, but my 250 JG beat him without too mutch trouble. I was lucky to be able to gobble up the purple so he could not launch.