Good luck with Thanos

Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I already used Star-Lord twice championed and he didn't last 10 turns. Of course when I play him he gets auto cascades every turn and fires his abilities non stop, must be his new power.

Comments

• JONofWAR
    JONofWAR Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I had better luck with icon_rocket.png

The healing really saved my bacon, though gotta watch out for the purple countdown
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    yea my R&G won the match as well... same as above, the healing yellow saved my butt. Plus I got to fire my blue twice, so my damage was soaring. I have all of the 3* champed right now, so I might have to rely solely on them to beat Thanos all week (unless they ask me to use 4thor, my only 4* champ)
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Huh - I beat him with a championed Star-Lord on my first try; it actually seemed pretty easy. But maybe I just got lucky with the board?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rocket and Groot Baby
    The Drax TU (The Destroyer) saved my Bacon and won it on my second try
  • Jdob84
    Jdob84 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I agree with the above posts. Use groot. I won first time with him. Deny green, and gather blue. Save your green for if/when he fires his green (and hopefully knock it out). When you get low on health, start leaving yellow matches so you can get to them in a hurry (and heal if he doesnt have purple activated). Cast blue to make strikes and beat him down. Made it with only having to heal once. May just take a friendly board for you. keep trying, and good luck!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Won on 2nd attempt with Rocket and Groot. With the token I won Thano5
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also got him with champed Starlord. I held on to powers until I had one purple and three red fires. Lost ~ 1/2 my health before burning all the AP to end it. I can see it beatable without a champ, but 5 purple/5 red covers really help.

I may have also gotten lucky. Thanos only ever fired one power - the one that boosts his match damage, and he matched it himself the same turn. Things could have gone south quickly without that lucky placement.
  • Uthgarprime
    Lasted almost 20 turns with Groot. Thanos uses auto cascade on me constantly. one of his purples finished and cascaded only colors to fire off his abilities. I am not liking this at all. So much for fun.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I had no problems with R&G lvl 179, first try. 5 green and 5 blue, strike tiles decimated him
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed SL set to 5/3/5. Boosted r/y, b/p, all AP. Marched straight to 16 red and 10 purple, fired all and when the countdowns went off it was over.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    R&G, 2nd try, no boosts.
  • Uthgarprime
    Wow, I just had to luck into a lucky board, finally got it after several tries.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    R&G @190, first try, no boosts. Thanos didn't get a single power off.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I used champed icon_drax.png , +2 r/y, 50% b/g, 50%b/p. Fired redflag.png once early and blackflag.png late to kill him easily. Received icon_blade.pngredflag.png from Purple Reign token
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Champed, R&G First try, no healing, no boosts....collect green and deny purple and/or clear the purple countdown. Was still close.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Huh - I beat him with a championed Star-Lord on my first try; it actually seemed pretty easy. But maybe I just got lucky with the board?

Same here, but I know I got a lucky board. I was able to collect enough red fire it off 3 times with 2 countdowns out.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I beat him second try with a non-champed rocket and groot. It was surprisingly easy, I barely lost the first time. Try to get a least one blue out to up damage and spend the rest of the time trying to deny him his colors. Don't match any yellows to try and keep them there for a heal when needed.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I had no idea what to expect so I loaded up my champed Starlord with +100% match damage and +50% Red/Yellow and Blue/Purple boosts. I was well ahead of him in match damage and had enough AP to fire purple once then red twice. It seemed really easy but maybe I just got lucky.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards

Same with me. I pooled up enough red and purple so that I could cast purple and then immediately cast red for maximum damage. I then did the purple damage and cast another red.

I was lucky to deny enough purple and green so that he didn't get off any special powers. Champed SL is great!
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    My level 190 Rocket & Groot lost but I won with my 4/4/2 level 209 Star-Lord.