Good luck with Thanos

Comments

• gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    My StarLord and Drax are both undercovered to even be worth trying. I was able to (EVENTUALLY) get the win with my champed R&G ... only took 5 tries. And for my work - I get a blue IW icon_e_sad.gif

1st try, guess I missed the whole purple thing -- I could not to his purple ecountdown.png and needed a heal. Did not happen, and he matched me to death.

2-4 I would deny purple, only have to have a green match show up (or visa-versa) One of the 3 times he wiped me out with lucky cascades of just purple & green... I think I did less than 1,000 damage, never did get off my Blue or Green. I could not catch a single break.

5 - was able to deny the purple and green without every one of his matches being the other. I even got one or two Match-5s here ... Not what I would call a "lucky board" but not as unlucky as last 3.

(for those looking for info, my R&G is level 189 and I boosted with (1) +50% bluetile.pngpurpletile.png dmg (2) +2 bluetile.pngpurpletile.png and (3) +2 all )
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    I was able to beat him on the second attempt with my champed R&G. His purple is very annoying. I didn't really understand how it would work on the first attempt so it prevented my healing and my strike tiles forming. icon_rolleyes.gif Luckily, on the second try, he matched it himself twice. As others said before, deny purple, collect green, collect blue, and save the yellows until you need them. Don't place your blue countdown when there is a chance he'll use his purple before they materialize. I had to heal once.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Won on the first try with a 169 Groot, blue and all match damage boosts. Got a yellow match just in time and finally got enough blue.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    got it first try with champed Starlord but Thanos' powers didn't trigger SL's yellow passive, is that expected behavior? I got off a purple finally which let me blast red three times which won the battle...with 249 hp left icon_eek.gif
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jexman wrote:
    got it first try with champed Starlord but Thanos' powers didn't trigger SL's yellow passive, is that expected behavior? I got off a purple finally which let me blast red three times which won the battle...with 249 hp left icon_eek.gif

With 5* Thanos' Purple CD on the board, you will not be able to place Countdown tiles.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    just to temper the vibe here a little bit for any readers that aren't getting this on the first try...

I have a 203 R&G, similar to many others here, but I ran into some trouble (unboosted). I thought about boosting, but kept at it and eventually beat Thanos on the fifth try. I almost had him on attempt #1, and then got dusted in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tries. even my victory was tough, as I had to activate yellow and heal up, which resulted in a long battle and even then I was almost dead again at the end.

super hot take: you'll still need a decent board to do this, even with a well developed R&G. it will be easy with a really great board, and you will get beat up bad with a bad board.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    good, he did have a purple out there. thanks!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 195 Groot @ 4/5/4 ran into trouble the first time. Thanos was able to get off both his purple and green AND bury them where they couldn't be matched off and healing proved...well, not doable because Thanos kept Groot juuuuust above the threshold until the green CD resolved and that was that.

Second try, better board (no boosts either time) I got a blue off, used a couple greens, and got a token.

Got 5* thanos purpleflag.png for my trouble. Me gusta.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My board was good enough that he never used green or purple (a lot of black collection). I did start with AP boosting, but didn't have much trouble saving up for two casts of Star-Lord purple & red (a match-5 purple from the initial board sure helped).
  • rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I guess I was unlucky and lucky at the same time.

My Rocket and Groot blue wouldn't fire. I set a countdown tile out 3 times and it never fired. The animation came up, but no special tiles fired. My green worked, which I fired off two times.

The board just always seem to work out for me that every time Thanos set out a cd tile I was able to match it away. And a yellow match showed up just in time for me to stay alive (twice). Beating him with mostly match damage took a long time though.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rocket And groot champed

Use Blue, match his purple away so he can't stop your blue.

Do 1200+ damage each turn

Have a back up yellow to fall back on

It's not too hard, of course like all crashes luck is involved, beat him second time because I didn't realize purple stopped rocket and groots blue from going off.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    rubix_qube wrote:

My Rocket and Groot blue wouldn't fire. I set a countdown tile out 3 times and it never fired. The animation came up, but no special tiles fired. My green worked, which I fired off two times.

The board just always seem to work out for me that every time Thanos set out a cd tile I was able to match it away. And a yellow match showed up just in time for me to stay alive (twice). Beating him with mostly match damage took a long time though.

Thanos used purple.

His purple tile will not let you alter the board (R&G Green or Blue) while its out.

Thats the only good power thanos has, his other is count down then damage.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used my champed Star Lord and just built up purple and red until I put down 4 CD tiles and punched him twice for 13K damage. It would have been easier if I let him put down his green CD tile, thus reducing my costs for the final blow.

My Purple Reign token got me a Thanos too!
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I was able to defeat him with a level 123 icon_rocket.png. I used also a few boosts.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    rubix_qube wrote:

Thanos used purple.

His purple tile will not let you alter the board (R&G Green or Blue) while its out.

Thats the only good power thanos has, his other is count down then damage.

His Yellow passive likely won't work either. Don't let him get that Purple CD out.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Lvl 203 R&G beat him first try. I was a little puzzled as to why my Green didn't blow a hole in the board, but the posts here explained that for me.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    His Purple CD tile doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is! It's like Peggy Carter's yellow power, it prevents so many attacks from happening! Star Lord can't use his purple or yellow powers. R&G can't use any of their powers either. If you were to count how many powers it would prevent, you would be amazed.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ SL @274. Beat him first try. Purple into red does about 6k per cast. So 10 purple + 12-16 red + match damage = victory
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Won on first try with no boosts with a level 221 DRAX. Sucks to be you.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    191 R&G, +2 B/P, +2 All, won first try. It was close, though. I had to heal twice and got lucky to Blammo! out one of his green CD tiles that was going to down me.

Drew icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png with the token.. and rostered him with the 1000 HP I pulled from the free Naughty or Nice token icon_e_biggrin.gif