Good luck with Thanos

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rocket and Groot Baby
    The Drax TU (The Destroyer) saved my Bacon and won it on my second try

Oh wow. I hadn't thought of this - since it allows limited characters you can take the TUs from the other characters! Awesome! Nice catch!

I brought my relatively high level Star Lord and had a decent board. If I lost, I was just going to bring in Drax, then R&G. I like this set up, really.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i mean i beat him with level 117 R&G
    patch might have a shot tommorrow
    (after all, if he's the only hero Best There Is should rip Thanos a new one and he regenerates for a healthy % of Thanos' match damage)
    I have a few good team ups relating To X-men as well
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I won on my second try with Rocket & Groot no problem. I would have beaten him the first try but the **** game crashed right as I was getting set to green power and finish him. icon_mad.gif
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Another post in the forums by Uthgar in the last 48 hours complaining about something else. *groan* icon_rolleyes.gif

[edit - Why do so many people come here to complain? oh yeah, its the internet.]
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I beat him on my first try with a championed Star-Lord. It took longer than expected because Thanos only used two moves the entire match, and only the second one triggered Star-Lord's yellow.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    BigRussian wrote:
    Another post in the forums by Uthgar in the last 48 hours complaining about something else. *groan* icon_rolleyes.gif

Sarcasm I hope? If not, why even bother to post? To make the OP mad?

for someone who doesn't like people complaining, you sure love to fan the flames and make it worse...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, I did it first time with champed Starlord. Quill got a bit bruised, but it didn't seem unmanageable. I just stocked up on red and purple and waited until I had enough of both before firing. When a yellow countdown came online, I placed three purple countdowns and fired red twice.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Won with Rocket and Groot pretty easily. Took damage, but didn't even need a heal. Got lucky with a green board and blasted Thanos to dirt.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Thanos only used two moves the entire match, and only the second one triggered Star-Lord's yellow.

Yeah, infinite power caught me a bit by surprise too. I was thinking, "Wait, is that a bug? Why didn't Everyone with me fire?" But, then I remembered that the 5* version had the board control/no special tiles effect alongside the match damage boost.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    As much as I am reluctant to stay this... maybe there should be a banner that flies by when a power is prevented from changing the board by Infinite Power (the first time each turn perhaps) so that there's at least something to hint to a player that no, there's no bug. Your power did fire, and Thanos (and the universe) don't care.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    First try with my 3/5/5 lvl 192 R&G.

Got blue out early and ripped him a new purple exit hole.

Saving up my Purple Reign tokens for a mini-binge at the end of the event. Pulled the vault token on my second go, too, so I already have two icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    As much as I am reluctant to stay this... maybe there should be a banner that flies by when a power is prevented from changing the board by Infinite Power (the first time each turn perhaps) so that there's at least something to hint to a player that no, there's no bug. Your power did fire, and Thanos (and the universe) don't care.

Instead of a banner, Thanos gives you the finger.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Crnch73 wrote:
    BigRussian wrote:

Sarcasm I hope? If not, why even bother to post? To make the OP mad?

for someone who doesn't like people complaining, you sure love to fan the flames and make it worse...

82e07402c94674dab1761ed5cba76725.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56307&p=614382#p614382 <- that was yesterday, today was this thread.

I love complaining about complainers icon_e_smile.gif what can i say... Some people just like to watch the world burn! eattack.pngeattack.pngeattack.png
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    3x with chomped R&G didn't work.

My 5/3/3 Drax did though. They blackflag.png with a purpleflag.png up cut him in half.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    First time with 271 Star-Lord respec'd to 5/3/5. Used +2 yellow/red AP and +2 blue/purple AP. Focused on collecting purple and red. Used purple twice and then punched him twice. Down goes Thanos.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Third time was the charm for my level 184 5/3/5 Rocket and Groot. +2 all AP, +60% match damage. I was rather shocked to get 5* Thanos from my token - kind of helps make up for my heroic ten-pack that had nine silver and one RagnaKrotch.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Patch Should Have an east time of it, but this Villains or Inhumans thing looks sketchy. assuming Thanos can be stunned Captain Steve Might have what it takes (Especially since he can overwrite Thanos' CD tiles with his own
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    I went with my 287 drax,boost all and boosted red and black.got a good board,hit him with an early high damage red and then got another red a little bit later.he never got off a power.gotta love it when a board falls that way.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Patch Should Have an east time of it, but this Villains or Inhumans thing looks sketchy. assuming Thanos can be stunned Captain Steve Might have what it takes (Especially since he can overwrite Thanos' CD tiles with his own

A champed Doom should be able to pull it off, just collect pink and wait (and fire off black for chip damage).
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got it first try with a 184 (4/5/4) R&G. The board was black heavy, so while he did fire his purple once, he couldn't keep a sustained attack going. I got my blue off plus a yellow heal on a TU-rich board, which effectively ended it.

We'll see how the X-Men fare tomorrow...