Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The final 2 hours if this sucker is going to be a messy feeding frenzy.
  • You should wait until an hour or two before the end of the event.
  • BIGTOE wrote:
    What's my play? Given that there is only 8 odd hours left to play.

You shouldn't do anything until there is about 90-120 minutes left. Then go all out.
  • Had to miss this morning so got up to 44,639 last night. Looking forward to the end of the day... I think icon_twisted.gif
  • BIGTOE wrote:
    If I'm correct, then missing out on one refresh may well have cost me the Human Torch...

You should be fine so long as you don't miss out on the last refresh. I missed 3 refreshes, and still get in the top 10 with a full clear.
  • I was hoping people wouldn't say wait until the last two hours... I'm UK based, so that's 03:00AM, and I have work tomorrow... Do you think I really could catch up 7000 points in the last two hours? Seems unlikely to me, not to mention I doubt I have enough health packs and I don't have Steve to help out...
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    BIGTOE wrote:
    I was hoping people wouldn't say wait until the last two hours... I'm UK based, so that's 03:00AM, and I have work tomorrow... Do you think I really could catch up 7000 points in the last two hours? Seems unlikely to me, not to mention I doubt I have enough health packs and I don't have Steve to help out...

It's definitely possible, even without Cap, before the event ends you should have 3 nodes whose top stacks+rubberbanding are at least 2000-3000 points, the problem is, so will most everyone else

Either way, playing now just hurts your chances. You can either play at 2:00 AM and go for the gold, or play right before you go to bed and hope you can hang on to top 200 icon_neutral.gif
  • If you play now you have 0% chance of finishing in the top 10.
  • But wait!

If I buy the Super Soldier 10 pack and manage to draw Steve, then maybe that will give me the edge I need! Has anyone else taken the plunge and bought any Super Soldier packs? I will be most upset if I drop 3800 HP and get a bunch of 2* covers I already have...
  • Also, I don't mind finishing outside of the top 10. It's the top 50 I'm after!
  • Where's everyone else sitting? Sitting on 46k points after my run through this morning and gonna make my final grind tonight. Sitting 4500 behind first. Really just hoping I can push for the top 50 to get those two individual covers as my alliance is already in good enough position to get the third. Good luck all who aren't in my bracket icon_e_biggrin.gif Jk icon_e_wink.gif

Pretty much in the same situation as you. I'm so tired of this whole shebang, I'll just grind right now every node until I hit top10 and then just do a quick check before the end of the tourney and make sure I stay in top50.

Man, if you have to name the most tedious tournamnet of MPQ then this one gives quite a spin even for Heroic modes. They all show how much sub bracketing actually helps to enhance a PvE tournament.
  • Ok, plan concocted!

Buy the Super Soldier pack, hope I draw Steve, drink lots of coffee, start playing at 03:00AM giving me 2 hours to catch up, hope I don't lose my job as a consequence!
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BIGTOE wrote:
    Ok, plan concocted!

Buy the Super Soldier pack, hope I draw Steve, drink lots of coffee, start playing at 03:00AM giving me 2 hours to catch up, hope I don't lose my job as a consequence!

You have a 81% chance of getting steve i believe. Double check the math, but 15% to get him means that you have a .85^10 chance of getting 0 steves, and a 1-that chance to get at least 1 steve.
  • BIGTOE wrote:
    Ok, plan concocted!

I have heard people buy the 10pack, and not get one steve roger, just a lot of crummy two stars. You are not guaranteed a steve rogers.

BTW, has anyone been able to reach high in the progression rewards? I have barely gotten over thor.
  • Ok, here we go guys! I'm buying the pack! Results on the way! Wish me luck!
  • Woohoo!!! First card drawn and it's Steve!
  • Full results!

1. Captain America (Yellow)
    2. Thor (Green)
    3. Black Widow (Black)
    4. Captain America (Red)
    5. The Hulk (Red)
    6. Storm (Green)
    7. Black Widow (Black)
    8. Storm (Green)
    9. Black Widow (Black)
    10. Storm (Yellow)

Two covers and a bonus Hulk! I'm pleased with that!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    That's pretty good!
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BIGTOE wrote:
    Full results!

2. Thor (Green)
    3. Black Widow (Black)
    4. Captain America (Red)
    5. The Hulk (Red)
    6. Storm (Green)
    7. Black Widow (Black)
    8. Storm (Green)
    9. Black Widow (Black)
    10. Storm (Yellow)

Congrats! I'd say you were lucky, but in reality it's not too much above average/expected value. I guess the extra Hulk cover puts you into the "lucky" tier. Either way, grats on the Steves (and different colors too), and good luck with that last push to top whatever you're shooting for.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    BIGTOE wrote:
    Full results!

2. Thor (Green)
    3. Black Widow (Black)
    4. Captain America (Red)
    5. The Hulk (Red)
    6. Storm (Green)
    7. Black Widow (Black)
    8. Storm (Green)
    9. Black Widow (Black)
    10. Storm (Yellow)

Nice pulls. I had similar luck pulling as many as four 3* from packs but haven't pulled from this pack cause I don't wanna spend. Again nice pulls and good luck finishing well.