Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Options

Comments

• morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously - what did you expect? this set of nodes is the last one... it was pretty logical that it would again be a 36-hour set...
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Noon EST passed by... and nothing happened at all....

Oh boy...
    I have a new Moonstone node.
  • there would have ben no point in putting in new nodes the last 12 hours because no one would touch them until the last 3 hours, its was pretty obvious that no one would get any of the good progression rewards
  • Just checked the missions in the event. I have 5 Normal with 3 that give decent points, and one has Moonstone and Rags, 1 Hard, and 5 Deadly maps. It's just going to be sheer luck for me to get into the top 200.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Its a bummer the One of the main reason i was excited about this PvE was Cap progressions. I mean still gotta do it for the torch but i love a good double dip =)
  • Too Easy wrote:
    there would have ben no point in putting in new nodes the last 12 hours because no one would touch them until the last 3 hours, its was pretty obvious that no one would get any of the good progression rewards

Top in my bracket is 49k-ish. Seems kinda harsh that the Capt. Rogers cover was put at 93.3k.

Anyone on the boards closer?
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:
    there would have ben no point in putting in new nodes the last 12 hours because no one would touch them until the last 3 hours, its was pretty obvious that no one would get any of the good progression rewards

Top in my bracket is 49k-ish. Seems kinda harsh that the Capt. Rogers cover was put at 93.3k.

Anyone on the boards closer?

Same here(closer to the 50k mark, but splitting hairs).

Top alliance has 937072 points... averaging 46.8k each.
  • Too Easy wrote:

I hope you are wrong, sir. I have 2nd shift today. So I get 2 hr now, 30 min. during my break, then 2 hrs after work. I was really counting on a new point influx to push everyone's point totals.

If this is all we get... icon_cry.gificon_neutral.gif
  • where would the points come from? no new map, and sunday is the push day (where it climbed 10k, but there was a map reset at noon there too). the brackets are also globally tied, so i doubt anyone's bracket leader is far off from anyone else's. the rubberbanding without subs has basically made this a contest of who's able to grind in the last 2-3 hours.

I was also hoping for at least 1 cap progression reward :/.
  • How far behind the leader to you have to be for maximum rubberbanding? Is it 5000 points?
  • My phones screen is broke at the worse time possible , bloody iphone, hopefully I can get it fixed in the morning to catch the final hours
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    How far behind the leader to you have to be for maximum rubberbanding? Is it 5000 points?

I believe it's somewhere between 4,000 and 5,000 for max rubberbanding effect. Once you close in under 4,000 the RB impact reduces significantly.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Seriously - what did you expect? this set of nodes is the last one... it was pretty logical that it would again be a 36-hour set...

For this event I expected the unexpectable. I would not have been shocked if there were new nodes today in this event. It's been all over the place.
  • Yes I am up and running again time to play catch up on events
  • I'm 4K off the leader and my nodes range from 400-1060.

I'm not looking forward to waking up at 3 am to start grinding.

Good thing I'm unemployed at the moment icon_razz.gif
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm fairly new to how these PVE events work but have been following the posts for this event. So far I've been getting by on my own without getting into the mechanics but have been definitely getting educated the past few days. I can agree with many of the sentiments posted about this event (lack of prizes, inability to reach progressive rewards, etc). I'm still catching up on how the rubberbanding and refreshes work, ordinarily anyway.
    So, my dilemma... I last played at 8:30am CT and the event ends at 11:00pm CT. If I understand this correctly, I should wait 12 hours until after 8:30pm to play the nodes again for maximum points?
    Previous days, each time I've gone back to the game I've been down to 250 or so, but after a clear, got back up to the top 20 or so. Now I'm worried about when best to play again so I don't lose out. I'd be good with getting Human Torch at all (top 200) but would really rather get top 50 to get two covers. At this point I'm planning on logging on about 9:30 (with an hour and a half left in the event) doing a clear, then grinding...
    Any suggestions are appreciated and I apologize for the newbie questions icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MojoWild wrote:
    I'm fairly new to how these PVE events work but have been following the posts for this event. So far I've been getting by on my own without getting into the mechanics but have been definitely getting educated the past few days. I can agree with many of the sentiments posted about this event (lack of prizes, inability to reach progressive rewards, etc). I'm still catching up on how the rubberbanding and refreshes work, ordinarily anyway.
    So, my dilemma... I last played at 8:30am CT and the event ends at 11:00pm CT. If I understand this correctly, I should wait 12 hours until after 8:30pm to play the nodes again for maximum points?
    Previous days, each time I've gone back to the game I've been down to 250 or so, but after a clear, got back up to the top 20 or so. Now I'm worried about when best to play again so I don't lose out. I'd be good with getting Human Torch at all (top 200) but would really rather get top 50 to get two covers. At this point I'm planning on logging on about 9:30 (with an hour and a half left in the event) doing a clear, then grinding...
    Any suggestions are appreciated and I apologize for the newbie questions icon_e_biggrin.gif

Starting your last "grind" 2 hours or 1.5 hours before the end, and not playing for 12 hours before you start the last grind, is a good plan.

There are two things to remember:

Priority 1: It's always best to play as late as possible within a refresh, because rubberbanding basically means you get more points the later you play. Playing your last session as late as you can before the event ends is ideal

Priority 2: You get the most points when your stacks are totally refreshed, and they tend to refresh after 8 or 12 hours (in this event, 12 hours). So if possible, after you've played a node a few times, don't play it again until 12 hours have passed
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    MojoWild wrote:
    Sounds like you've nailed the timing -- you ought to have maximum points available at 8:30pm CT, and you'll probably want to start grinding them all down somewhere between 9:30 and 10pm CT, depending on the strength of your roster and how long it takes you to win each fight.

I feel pretty confident this should get you top 200 for sure, and probably also top 50, depending on how the rest of your bracket plays.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Where's everyone else sitting? Sitting on 46k points after my run through this morning and gonna make my final grind tonight. Sitting 4500 behind first. Really just hoping I can push for the top 50 to get those two individual covers as my alliance is already in good enough position to get the third. Good luck all who aren't in my bracket icon_e_biggrin.gif Jk icon_e_wink.gif
  • Forum people, I'm troubled... I was 1st in my bracket last night, but haven't had a chance to play all day and now I'm 273 and 7000 points off the leader!

What's my play? Given that there is only 8 odd hours left to play.

I could hit all my nodes now and try and catch the leader, or should I wait until a couple of hours before the end, when the rubber band will kick in again? The leader in my node is static on 50415 at the moment, which I may be able to catch if I can survive that long, but even if I do, surely if they cleared their nodes before the 12 hour deadline, in the last hour or so they will fly ahead again when theirs refresh? If I'm correct, then missing out on one refresh may well have cost me the Human Torch...

Damn these blasted tournaments and their complex mathematics!