Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Comments

• 2am here so have taken #1 spot in my bracket with 52799 - even grinding up to 53333 isn't going to happen. Also; not worth it for 500 Iso.

Hopefully when I wake up in the morning I'll have managed to stay above 200 to get a Torch.
  • I have 50,969 and am sitting in 54th place. Not sure if I'm going to be able to stay in the top 50 for this one. The only node offering reasonable points is a level 164 Daken/Bullseye/Goon. Nope (I have ONE guy past the 80s, and he's Daredevil).
  • i just realized i should have played the level in the prologue that would have helped me level thor up more to power him up more for this event. Oh well newbie mistake. Its only a matter of time before the event ends. Going to have to stick with the rank im in or keep going with the quests i have done already but can only give me a max of 140 red iso points. Can't risk doing high level quests with low level heroes and only have thor and storm being powered up to only level 46
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well guys, we're nearing the end of the event. Good luck, have fun, and may the RNG gods bless you with match 5s on the starting board.
  • Well guys, we're nearing the end of the event. Good luck, have fun, and may the RNG gods bless you with match 5s on the starting board.

I think it would be funny if all the nodes except one disappeared with one hour remaining in the event. Who is with me?

Nobody?
  • Ghast wrote:
    Well guys, we're nearing the end of the event. Good luck, have fun, and may the RNG gods bless you with match 5s on the starting board.

I think it would be funny if all the nodes except one disappeared with one hour remaining in the event. Who is with me?

Nobody?

and everyone but me can't do it? Ha ha that would stink icon_razz.gif
  • Ok, 02:25am here in the UK... Feeling pretty tired, so time for another coffee! Not long now before I make my final push!
  • While we're waiting, does anyone have any tips on the best approach to tackling the individual nodes? Should I hit the highest point nodes first, or doesn't it really matter? They're all pretty formidable, so I'd rather leave them to last however...
  • seems like i can't do much anymore. The quests i feel comfortable with that are available can only give me less than 100. I guess i can only do now is watch my rank be beaten and hope i say under 200 and win johnny. If my guild im in stays under 500 I get that other guy i never heard of. Not sure if i want that other guy to be honest. Any suggestions?
  • @Bigtoe: If you can't clear them all, clear what you can now. Community scaling is going to go off the charts very shortly because of people crashing the event at last minute. Soon, you many not be able to complete any of them at all.

@Pamizard: If you stay up for the end of the event, and some of the nodes remain completable for you, then some points will begin to restore to them because of rubberbanding as people pass you by. You can use this to catch back up to them at the end. "That other guy" is Ares, which is one of the best 2** characters in game. Although 3***s are nice, if you are still building a 2** roster, Ares is a good character to pick up covers for.
  • Not much you can do if your nodes are out of points. Depending on when you started them, they may or may not yield some additional points before the tournament finishes. According to people on this forum, there is a 12 hour refresh cycle, meaning 12 hours after you first start a node, the points will replenish back to their base level. Most of the top performing players in this tournament have timed their sessions to coincide with this refresh interval, so I expect in a few minutes to see movement in the rankings as the points return to the board for the final 2 hours.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    @Bigtoe: If you can't clear them all, clear what you can now. Community scaling is going to go off the charts very shortly because of people crashing the event at last minute. Soon, you many not be able to complete any of them at all.
    So this is new to me. Community scaling as well as personal you say? So the nodes will get harder even if I do nothing? That doesn't sound very fair. Most of the top level nodes for me are already in the 200s, so I don't expect it will make much difference anyway. Also, is there a cap to the amount of points a node can yield with rubber banding? Do they top out at any point, or just keep going?
  • ************************* SPECIAL MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST WEATHER BULLETIN *************************

S.H.I.E.L.D. has issued a Severe Community Scaling Warning for the Unstable Iso-8 Event from 22:00 EST (03:00 GMT) to 00:00 EST (05:00 GMT).

Participants are advised to expect event levels to rapidly scale towards 230, observe obscenely buffed villain and goon health pools, and endure many tinykitties proclaimed by the community.

Participants are advised to stay indoors and seek shelter unless they possess a viable stunlock combo at this time.

S.H.I.E.L.D. expects this weather pattern to quickly disperse after 00:00 EST (05:00 GMT), but remnant tinykitties from the community may linger from those unfortunately impacted by this weather event.

*********************************************** END BULLETIN **************************************************
  • BIGTOE wrote:
    @Bigtoe: If you can't clear them all, clear what you can now. Community scaling is going to go off the charts very shortly because of people crashing the event at last minute. Soon, you many not be able to complete any of them at all.
    So this is new to me. Community scaling as well as personal you say? So the nodes will get harder even if I do nothing? That doesn't sound very fair. Most of the top level nodes for me are already in the 200s, so I don't expect it will make much difference anyway. Also, is there a cap to the amount of points a node can yield with rubber banding? Do they top out at any point, or just keep going?

I would point you towards Eddiemon's very excellent guide on how PvE events work in Marvel Puzzle Quest.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5304

He explains the entire system in substantial detail, but the short answer is "yes". As more players successfully complete a node, its levels will increase for everyone. As this is the last two hours of a major event, everyone will be hitting the nodes hard, which will make their levels spiral quite high as players complete for the top prizes in this tourney.
  • I better get on it then! See you on the other side! Good luck everyone!
  • I really hate that some Missions become pretty much impossible for me to even have a shot at when I've only played and beaten it once, IF EVEN THAT. I only have 3 Normal Boards left, and that was a little while ago when I checked it. 2 of those only gave around 100 at most. I really hope I have a couple Missions to try to get into the top 200.
  • I'm just going to end where i stand. I pretty have no other mission to do. The others are way out of my league, even with only two cards powered up when I dont have to money to get my google play cards to buy more iso to level up my characters or try to get more thor and storm cards to level them up. I didnt even get captain america steve rogers at all to be able to do the missions that need him to complete so that wasn't helpful at all. So all i can do is watch my rank and make sure it doesn't past 200. Good luck to everyone else.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    ************************* SPECIAL MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST WEATHER BULLETIN *************************

S.H.I.E.L.D. has issued a Severe Community Scaling Warning for the Unstable Iso-8 Event from 22:00 EST (03:00 GMT) to 00:00 EST (05:00 GMT).

Participants are advised to expect event levels to rapidly scale towards 230, observe obscenely buffed villain and goon health pools, and endure many tinykitties proclaimed by the community.

Participants are advised to stay indoors and seek shelter unless they possess a viable stunlock combo at this time.

S.H.I.E.L.D. expects this weather pattern to quickly disperse after 00:00 EST (05:00 GMT), but remnant tinykitties from the community may linger from those unfortunately impacted by this weather event.

*********************************************** END BULLETIN **************************************************

It's going to be raining tiny kitties and level 230s, protect your assorted bag people!
  • Lyrian wrote:
    ************************* SPECIAL MARVEL PUZZLE QUEST WEATHER BULLETIN *************************

Oh man, and HOW
    U82CGAj.jpg

ow wait don't

CLFJCNs.jpg?1

hey stop you're

0ZlSE9P.jpg?2

mommyyy
  • Woke up for this an hour ago at 4am here in the EU.

My go-to team: OBW/Thor/M.Storm

Not the fastest team but they get the job done.

Weather warning indeed - Cause I'm bringing the STORM and THUNDER icon_lol.gif