R116 Release Notes - (12/19/16)

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    These almost always get pushed on Monday around noon PST.
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    So some people still doubt there's an issue with using mutants? Even though it's been over a year since one got released? Even though they no longer have X-Men as their team affiliation?

Wows!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    Pretty sure we will get 5* Thor in 2017 to round out the Avengers they already have as 5*, so I've already prepared myself for that.

I'm anticipating that too. I'd be extremely excited for an All-Father Thor (with the arm of the Destroyer), but chances are they will just make the MCU version (basically just another skin of the 2 and 3-star Thor), and that is heartbreaking given what could have been. Similarly, 5-star Hulk should have been Grey Hulk, but here we are. I'm still holding out for 5-star God Emperor Doom, since he won't have an MCU version to cannibalize his 5-star form.

I was hoping for God Doom as well but Secret Wars has long since passed.
    What I think we might get instead is the new Doom.
    IIM_3_Cover1.jpg
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    mega ghost wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    Pretty sure we will get 5* Thor in 2017 to round out the Avengers they already have as 5*, so I've already prepared myself for that.

I'm anticipating that too. I'd be extremely excited for an All-Father Thor (with the arm of the Destroyer), but chances are they will just make the MCU version (basically just another skin of the 2 and 3-star Thor), and that is heartbreaking given what could have been. Similarly, 5-star Hulk should have been Grey Hulk, but here we are. I'm still holding out for 5-star God Emperor Doom, since he won't have an MCU version to cannibalize his 5-star form.

I was hoping for God Doom as well but Secret Wars has long since passed.
    What I think we might get instead is the new Doom.
    IIM_3_Cover1.jpg

I don't see them adding Doom anytime soon either. Could be wrong, but I hope for the best. I'm anticipating that this will be a new 5* and the next 4 is a variant of someone we already have as well or vice versa. I would love for a new PVE story event or them throw in a random team-up alliance event for the holidays. I think with the recent ask the community poll about, hints at a possible secret wars event which would be awesome.
  • Magnetorules
    Magnetorules Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Update is live on iOS. Just updated looks like Thanos is the next 5*.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(12/19/16) Brigby - Updated post to final release notes
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since nothing in the change log appears to affect moves that target team-up tiles, I assume it was a back-end change for one of Thanos' powers that broke Polarizing Force and Mistress of the Elements.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Live @ google also.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    It’s a 5* and a 3* Thanos, from the D3 support page:
    https://d3publisher.helpshift.com/a/marvel-puzzle-quest/?s=news-updated-12-19-2016&f=r116-release-notes---12-19-16&l=en

Which then leads to the official announcement:

https://news.marvel.com/games/57133/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-thanos/

UPDATE: this 2nd link has info on the Holiday events, doesn't look like Galactus or Boss Rush.
    2nd UPDATE: Galactus IS in there, missed it the first time.
  • CrookedKnight
    And the power responsible for breaking Storm and Magneto would be the 5* version of Infinite Power, which prevents other characters' board-shaking moves from activating.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

- Powers that increase the amount of AP required to activate a power will no longer increase it beyond the maximum AP a character can have.
    Galactus or Boss Rush incoming
    I want to expand on this, assuming hinted character will be awarded in a retooled Boss Rush to run during Christmas

I have 0 evidence to substantiate this claim other than the above note which effects ONE specific character interaction, Peggy Carter and Galactus

I was close. I would've liked to see what they did to Boss Rush, but Galactus Hungers will do
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    I was close. I would've liked to see what they did to Boss Rush, but Galactus Hungers will do

The difference is that Galactus event isn't horribly broken. It's also one of my favorite pve events, and seeing that it's a 3 and a 5 star Thanos, along with Double ISO, makes me very excited!
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    hell yeah!!! double ISO!!!
    image.png
  • I love the game, but I dislike how one thing is updated, and one is screwed up. Today, after the latest update, Magneto *** cannot use its red ability. Frustrating... I wonder what other not fun surprises will there be!
  • CrookedKnight
    It would be really fun to play Boss Rush with an ability that stops all tile conversion/destruction powers, though!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    It would be really fun to play Boss Rush with an ability that stops all tile conversion/destruction powers, though!

You would need a maxed out 5 star Thanos first.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Chipster22 wrote:
    A search for "Dark Obsession" Marvel led to this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Darkman_Vol_2

But I know little about Marvel comics outside of the movies and TV.

That Darkman series was amazing. So totally due for a remake or reboot. Sam Raimi and Liam Neeson aren't doing anything, are they?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    are lightning rounds considered "pvp +2xp per match"? idk if it was answered earlier.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    are lightning rounds considered "pvp +2xp per match"? idk if it was answered earlier.

They are (at least - the one I joined 15 minutes ago is granting 2 XP per "starter" node fight) icon_e_smile.gif
  • So when do we get our token of appreciation for not having access to Hulk?