R116 Release Notes - (12/19/16)

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    - Players earn 2 XP for each Versus match they play.
    I assume PLAY means WIN else this will be exploited to infinity

1fv7qa.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Dark Obsessions" (for Men) is a Calvin Klein fragrance. What Marvel character creates a fragrant cloud, with an exclamation point to boot? BAMF! Nightcrawler! Also known as Kurt DARKholme. Age of Apocalypse / Uncanny X-Force Nightcrawler confirmed!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Simulator might get real ugly. What's to stop someone from winning the first like 5 matches then tanking for a while and repeating the process. At least for the first so many days of the season.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    "A dark obsession!" The exclamation point adds excitement to the statement, meaning the character is excitable and energetic. Obsession is a perfume fragrance, so this is likely a girl. And dark is a property of light, so this is an energetic girl that works with light. It's Dazzler time!

You do realize that she is part of the X-Men and won't be in this game?

Do you mean, besides 4 Wolverines, Colosssus, 2 Magnetos, Mystique, 2 Jean Greys, 2 Cyclops, Beast, Prof X, X-23, Deadpool, Iceman, Psylocke, *gasps for air* Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    "A dark obsession!" The exclamation point adds excitement to the statement, meaning the character is excitable and energetic. Obsession is a perfume fragrance, so this is likely a girl. And dark is a property of light, so this is an energetic girl that works with light. It's Dazzler time!

Dazzler transcends the X-Men through the power of disco. But you're right that this isn't Dazzler.

"A dark obsession!"

It's clearly Darkhawk time, suckas!

Why would they do Darkhawk when they could do Night Thrasher, who showed up in the (somewhat) recent Contest of Champions comics? He's Batman on a Rocket Skateboard!
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Do you mean, besides 4 Wolverines, Colosssus, 2 Magnetos, Mystique, 2 Jean Greys, 2 Cyclops, Beast, Prof X, X-23, Deadpool, Iceman, Psylocke, *gasps for air* Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

Please don't tell me we're actually going to have to go through this again.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    A Google search for "marvel character obsession" pulls up several images of:

background.jpg

Clone Wars comics! Space is dark! Get your butts ready for that Marvel/Star Wars crossover Disney is inevitably going to create!
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    A dark obsession - as in obsessed with Death? As in Thanos, the one and only character I've wanted forever??? Please make it so!!!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    notamutant wrote:
    Dark obsession. As in obsessed with something dark. What is dark? The darkness of Death. Literally, there is a Marvel Universe character called Death. Who is obsessed with her the most? Why Deadpool, of course! And which character are the devs most obsessed with making themselves? New 5 star Deadpool confirmed!

I think Thanos is the most obsessed with Death. But yeah Marvel also thinks both are quite obsessed, this is why they created the mini series Deadpool vs Thanos icon_razz.gif
    "Dark Obsession!" like in dark as in space, and obsession as in sitting in a chair and wanting stuff.

Thanos confirmed.
    rbdragon wrote:
    A dark obsession - as in obsessed with Death? As in Thanos, the one and only character I've wanted forever??? Please make it so!!!

Yes, it makes sense! 5 star Thanos !!!! That would be amazing!

But I still don't think it is going to be Thanos. I don't think Thanos will be playable, if the game is around when Avengers: Infinity War is released he will probably be a boss.

I have not read a lot about cloak & dagger, can they be dark obsession?
  • MrTrix
    MrTrix Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    "A dark obsession"...

Or it could simply be Darkman, regardless how obscure he is...
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

I don't think so. You posted a statement, I provided hard evidence that refuted it. There's... really nowhere else to go?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    It's obviously a villain. But I don't think Thanos. Death may be Death, but she's not really dark. She's a cool lady. I'm thinking of literal darkness. I'm thinking of this classic villain.
    5342806-10.jpg
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Thanos is obsessed with death.
    But I always pictured him as a boss fight
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone
    - Players earn 2 XP for each Versus match they play.[/list]

That's a huge change. You probably should have started off with that!

Edit: Now that I think about it, as a PvE player it takes 6 clears to get 10 XP while PvP it will only be 5 matches to earn 10 XP. I would love to earn 2pts per PvE match without needing to fully clear it

This PvE change would be awesome.

It would also be good to get clarification on the PvP change. Is it every completed match or every win?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Ludaa wrote:
    That change should speed up shield ranks and help populate/usher in the higher CL brackets, nice.

As a friend has noted, this kind of hurts those who frontrun in pvp.

I don't follow the it hurts front runners point. Late climbers are hitting teams for 75 point per match so will get to higher score in fewer matches. Front runners are often hitting matches for 30 points and up above 600 for less than that so will complete far more matches to get to an equal score.

ergo it actually benefits front runners vs late climbers?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    looks like Thanos to me
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    TazFTW wrote:
    ^
    Make Yelena Great Again!*

*By "Great", we mean rosterable and by "Again" we mean for the first time ever.

You may get your wish if "Dark Obsession" refers to a 4* Yelena. Stranger things have happened...I'm not sure why, but they have...
  • willyswim
    willyswim Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Don't forget about 3 Storms too.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

I don't think so. You posted a statement, I provided hard evidence that refuted it. There's... really nowhere else to go?

Come on, I think you know what he means. Of that list of mutants, which was the last one to come out? Phoenix? The X-tap's been closed for a good while.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:

Once again for the umpteenth time, they were in the game BEFORE the X-Men/Mutant ban.