R116 Release Notes - (12/19/16)

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Dark obsession. Riri Williams confirmed.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    "Empowered by nigh-unlimited cosmic energy, possessed by high intelligence, and driven by dark obsessions, Thanos once dominated space and time itself with the Infinity Gauntlet. His one singular goal: transforming the cosmos itself into an abattoir."

Source: http://marvel-contestofchampions.wikia.com/wiki/Thanos
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    - Powers that increase the amount of AP required to activate a power will no longer increase it beyond the maximum AP a character can have.

Hmmmm....I guess they play tested Peggy Carter against Galactus and she won because Galactus couldn't fire off his 28 AP Black Power. So, I guess Galactus is coming soon.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    - Powers that increase the amount of AP required to activate a power will no longer increase it beyond the maximum AP a character can have.

Hmmmm....I guess they play tested Peggy Carter against Galactus and she won because Galactus couldn't fire off his 28 AP Black Power. So, I guess Galactus is coming soon.

Galactus's "kill you all" power was originally 30, and was dropped to 28 because of Star-Lord. Star-Lord has since been changed and he no longer affects the enemy's AP need. Peggy can add 4 to the AP needed, so one way to get around that would be to lower the cost to 26. But that would make it fire even earlier, and that's a bad thing for anyone not running Peggy with 5 yellow.

If they are going to be running Galactus again, I'd hope that they'd put his black cost back up to 30, as the reasons for dropping it are no longer relevant.

<snark>I applaud your confidence that the devs are play-testing.</snark>
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    "Empowered by nigh-unlimited cosmic energy, possessed by high intelligence, and driven by dark obsessions, Thanos once dominated space and time itself with the Infinity Gauntlet. His one singular goal: transforming the cosmos itself into an abattoir."

Source: http://marvel-contestofchampions.wikia.com/wiki/Thanos

It really looks like him. I am starting to believe it is him. He has a new comicbook which could have helped.

OMG if it is him, I will be stuck in latest forever! (I guess this is why it might be him, he is popular enough to draw sales like not a lot of 5s can do)
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can pretty much guarantee they'll save the big chinned purple nutjob for when Infinity War comes out.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaentom wrote:
    You obviously haven't read the other million+ posts about the X-Men/Mutant ban. All those guys were in the game before the ban. Disney refuses to market anything they do NOT own 100% of, that came from their CEO in an interview.

No, no, I've read them all. In fact, it seems to me that I've read more of them than you, because rumours of an X-men ban have been commonplace in the forum for almost two years. I clearly remember answering someone posting exactly this, back in the day, "uh, 3* Cyclops was /just/ released." Since then, QS, SWitch and all the 4* and 5* X-Men have been released.

Yes, there has been no new X-Men for a while in the game but that coincides with the fact that for the best part of the year, the X-Men haven't really gotten story spotlight in the comics and such spotlights (and MCU movies) is usually what we see appearing in the game. And no, X-Men haven't been neglected in the comics for a "ban" or anything, but for story reasons that brought the characters to their lowest point just so they can have a massive relaunch next year. I wouldn't be surprised if, knowing this in advance, Marvel asked rights-holders to hold back from adding X-Men to their products in 2016 so they could go crazy in 2017.

This alleged "ban" has been mostly a rumour (though a few isolated occurrences hinted that there might have been some kind of restriction for merchandising). Please stop spreading it.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    "A dark obsession!"

'tis the season...

UPjObbH.jpg
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Obsession is some smelly stuff made by Calvin Klein.

Calvin Klein was the name that Marty McFly had in his underwear, and so his teenage mother thought that was his name.

Marty McFly invented the skateboard.

It's Rocket Racer.

Or maybe Dazzler.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Maybe it's just me, but I keep having "Dark Necessities" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers stuck in my head when I read the clue.

5* Anthony Kiedis/Flea incoming?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    veny wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

You obviously haven't read the other million+ posts about the X-Men/Mutant ban. All those guys were in the game before the ban. Disney refuses to market anything they do NOT own 100% of, that came from their CEO in an interview.
    Wait, so... we wont see new x-men characters in game? :O

That interview was, what, some time in 2015? Since then we've gotten Iceman, OML, Cyclops, X-23, and Phoenix. While I do think that they have been favoring mainstream Marvel/Disney properties, clearly it is not a ban.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I don't know what the dark obsession is going to be.... but it better be by Calvin Klein.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs have said absolutely no character is off limits, they can use anyone in the Marvel stable with a handful marked for specific tie ins

There is no ban
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2016
    fmftint wrote:
    The devs have said absolutely no character is off limits, they can use anyone in the Marvel stable with a handful marked for specific tie ins

There is no ban

If that's the case were is Gambit, Rogue, Sabretooth and of course the one that gets guessed every time there's a clue for a new character, Dazzler?
    Because you can't tell me every time there's a poll of "Who do you want to see in the game" that doesn't have characters listed to vote on, that one of those four if not most of them aren't at the very top of that list.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    GrimSkald wrote:
    veny wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

That interview was, what, some time in 2015? Since then we've gotten Iceman, OML, Cyclops, X-23, and Phoenix. While I do think that they have been favoring mainstream Marvel/Disney properties, clearly it is not a ban.

That article was in April of 2015 and the last X-Men/Mutant character was added Nov 2015 which was Phoenix if I remember right.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    I'm guessing Magik for the new character. The clue seems like it might fit her and they have the new X books coming out from Marvel here shortly. So, there may be some renewed interest in the mutants.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Phaentom wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    veny wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

That article was in April of 2015 and the last X-Men/Mutant character was added Nov 2015 which was Phoenix if I remember right.

Jean Grey/Phoenix was added November 2nd, 2015. The last of the mutants
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaentom wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    veny wrote:
    Phaentom wrote:

So you are finally admitting that you are demonstrably wrong? 5 characters being added since the interview literally contradicts the idea of a "ban". I insist, whatever ban there ever was, was limited to merchandising only. Also maybe you missed my explanation of why there were no X-Men in 2016?
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    I'm guessing Magik for the new character. The clue seems like it might fit her and they have the new X books coming out from Marvel here shortly. So, there may be some renewed interest in the mutants.
    not that it's terribly timely, but a Negasonic Teenage Warhead would be hilarious.

Or Cloak and Dagger would be fun.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(12/14/16) Brigby - Added The Hulk crash fix