R116 Release Notes - (12/19/16)

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Marvel VS Capcom says HELLO to anyone doubting there's a Fantastic Four / X-Men problem.

Not to mention the comic books.

Not to mention the toys.

Not to mention the action figures.

Not to mention the Halloween costumes.

Not to mention the apparel.

Not to mention the posters.

Not to mention etc etc etc.

What on earth kind of validation could one even GET by trying to convince everyone that there is NOTHING odd about the Marvel characters associated with Fox nowadays, anyway?????? lol. So bizarre.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, Mod Edit: Hi this kind of posts are like a rare dessert! Let's get started.
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Marvel VS Capcom says HELLO to anyone doubting there's a Fantastic Four / X-Men problem.
    I'm guessing you're talking of the upcoming MvC... of which we only know 3 playable Marvel characters so far from what will likely be a 20+ list? Bit too early to jump to conclusions no?
    Not to mention the comic books.
    Let's see... in 2016 we got the following ongoing series throughout the year:
    -All New Wolverine
    -Uncanny X-Men
    -Extraordinary X-Men
    -All-New X-Men
    -Old Man Logan
    As for limited series:
    -X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever
    -Civil War II: X-Men
    -Death of X
    -Inhumans vs X-Men
    Plus the big relaunch coming early next year, RessurrXion which will include at least the following ongoing series (plus the continuation of several of the ongoing series):
    -X-Men Gold
    -X-Men Blue
    -Generation X
    -Weapon X
    -Jean Grey
    -Iceman
    -Cable
    Plus countless one-shots. Oh and not counting things like the Deadpool or Scarlet Witch series, not to lose time splitting hairs about what a mutant/X-Men is.
    Not to mention the toys.
    https://www.everafterguide.com/lipstickindy-2016-brand-new-8-pcs-x-men-minifigure-superhero-building-blocks-toys-f1c90e271f74c0ee.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri9-AIa40Y8
    https://toywars.com/collections/x-men-preorders/products/sdcc-2016-exclusive-dorbz-x-men-3-pack-wolverine-ice-man-colossus-vinyl-figures
    Not to mention the action figures.
    http://marveltoynews.com/toy-fair-2016-marvel-legends-x-men-series-photos-phoenix/
    Not to mention the Halloween costumes.

Not to mention the apparel.
    Uh, dunno and not interested? Totally willing to give you these two. I'm sorry if this was a poor year for you in this respect.
    Not to mention the posters.
    http://www.allposters.com/-st/X-Men-Comic-Posters_c7976_.htm
    Not to mention etc etc etc.
    No, it's ok, do elaborate. What else you think you got?
    What on earth kind of validation could one even GET by trying to convince everyone that there is NOTHING odd about the Marvel characters associated with Fox nowadays, anyway?????? lol. So bizarre.

You got me. It's all about the validation. Mod Edit: Great post.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    If it is Thanos, it'd be weird if he was playable and not a boss character, while an obscure no-name like Kaecilius gets uber boss powers instead...
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    CNash wrote:
    If it is Thanos, it'd be weird if he was playable and not a boss character, while an obscure no-name like Kaecilius gets uber boss powers instead...
    Would you prefer it was the other way round? I think more people would like to play Thanos (a pretty popular villain) than Kaecilius (D-list enemy of a B-list hero). Not to mention that we really need more playable villains!
    Also, having a playable variant of Thanos doesn't mean we can't get a boss Thanos (vide Civil War and Boss Rush)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Piro_plock wrote:
    CNash wrote:
    Would you prefer it was the other way round? I think more people would like to play Thanos (a pretty popular villain) than Kaecilius (D-list enemy of a B-list hero). Not to mention that we really need more playable villains!
    Also, having a playable variant of Thanos doesn't mean we can't get a boss Thanos (vide Civil War and Boss Rush)

Yeah, now that we have already seen that any 5 can be turned into a boss, there is simply no reason why Thanos can be used as a boss in the future.

I also think, that this new char, if he is Thanos, it will be Thanos WITHOUT the Infinity Gauntlet, so it would be really easy to create a new version for Thanos as a Boss where he has the gauntlet (or as a 6 star icon_razz.gif)

I hope that, again if he is Thanos, a cover from any Starlin run is the one used, and not from the new series or from other comic books. The only true Thanos is the one written by Jim Starlin, no other writer has understood the character as well as him (I was hoping Hickman would write a much better Thanos, but his interpretation in Infinity of the char was super flat :S )

This is the one that should be used

hqdefault.jpg
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    There may not be a ban on characters they can use, but they are not going to go out of their way to promote a character that will allow for royalties to go outside of their domain. I've asked for X-men only in the polls where they ask what the players want, from now on until they add them in game. They have a far to expansive cast of characters they can choose from and add to this game and I am against adding additional variants to the game for that reason. Pretty sure we will get 5* Thor in 2017 to round out the Avengers they already have as 5*, so I've already prepared myself for that. And the new character could be Slapstick for all we know. And the clue says dark obsession not "death" so I don't know why everyone auto assumed Thanos. He will be a boss event. All of their Boss events unite multiple heroes from various affiliations, so Thanos will probably be a new boss event with Guardians coming out next year or the later.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Piro_plock wrote:
    CNash wrote:

I never said that. In fact I was hoping for a playable Kaecilius back when Strange Sights was released, for the same reason you cite: we need more playable villains!

If I had my way, everyone would be playable: Gorgon, Ultron, Thanos, Kaecilius, Galactus- well, ok, maybe not Galactus. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    greencrit.pngredcrit.pngpurplecrit.pngbluecrit.pngyellowcrit.pngredcrit.png
    icon_thor.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_antman.pngicon_nova.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_starlord.png
    greencrit.pngredcrit.pngpurplecrit.pngbluecrit.pngyellowcrit.pngredcrit.png
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    CNash wrote:

I never said that. In fact I was hoping for a playable Kaecilius back when Strange Sights was released, for the same reason you cite: we need more playable villains!

If I had my way, everyone would be playable: Gorgon, Ultron, Thanos, Kaecilius, Galactus- well, ok, maybe not Galactus. icon_e_smile.gif

I think Gorgon is the weirdest one that we can't use. All others were at least Bosses. Gorgon pops up regularly in PVE events, I honestly do not understand why he wouldn't be playable. I am not dying to play with the character, it just doesn't make sense.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just watched GotG again so... Ronan?

4-5* Loki variant?

That's all I got.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    "Players earn 2 XP for each Versus match they play."

YES!
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Philly484 wrote:
    . . . And the clue says dark obsession not "death" so I don't know why everyone auto assumed Thanos. He will be a boss event. All of their Boss events unite multiple heroes from various affiliations, so Thanos will probably be a new boss event with Guardians coming out next year or the later.

I hope you continue to be so sure of yourself.
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Come on guys, it has to be Doorman!
    He's dark (being Oblivion's servant) and...obsessed maybe?
    Besides, Squirrel Girl needs some more members of the GLA to get that affiliation rolling icon_e_smile.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:

MPQ R116!

"A dark obsession!"

All the clues lead to Thanos the mad Titan but I could be wrong.

A while back it was announced that more 5* villains would be introduced. So far weve had one the Green Goblin.

I know thanos fits the proposal but I say thee Enchantress.

We all know she has a dark obsession with Thor odinson.

What do you think?
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Peej13 wrote:
    Philly484 wrote:
    . . . And the clue says dark obsession not "death" so I don't know why everyone auto assumed Thanos. He will be a boss event. All of their Boss events unite multiple heroes from various affiliations, so Thanos will probably be a new boss event with Guardians coming out next year or the later.

I hope you continue to be so sure of yourself.

Well clearly you know something I don't. If he is playable all the power to them, I just think he should be a boss event, not a playable character. Unless he is going to be a playable character in Marvel VS Capcom Infinite and they are releasing him as playable across multiple games then yes I could see it. I just think the clue should have said Death Obsessed not dark, I don't auto assume dark = death.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    A search for "Dark Obsession" Marvel led to this:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Darkman_Vol_2

But I know little about Marvel comics outside of the movies and TV.
  • Cdubb1975
    Cdubb1975 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Dark = evil = hydra
    Obsession = bob = deadpool

Hydra Bob 5 star!!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Philly484 wrote:
    Pretty sure we will get 5* Thor in 2017 to round out the Avengers they already have as 5*, so I've already prepared myself for that.

I'm anticipating that too. I'd be extremely excited for an All-Father Thor (with the arm of the Destroyer), but chances are they will just make the MCU version (basically just another skin of the 2 and 3-star Thor), and that is heartbreaking given what could have been. Similarly, 5-star Hulk should have been Grey Hulk, but here we are. I'm still holding out for 5-star God Emperor Doom, since he won't have an MCU version to cannibalize his 5-star form.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    MrTrix wrote:
    "A dark obsession"...

Or it could simply be Darkman, regardless how obscure he is...

I'm not sure if Liam Neeson is happy or sad about this comment.
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Any idea when this update is going live?